Bully's Boys 2022

Started by Bully, March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Not too bad this week, par score despite Hall's hammie.

Bringing in Titch this week to stiffen up the midfield, next week Cripps (BE 147) or Lloyd (BE 135) will come in, followed by another premo mid, Steele my preference.

Team looks ok on paper, can see multiple avenues for a full upgrade so everything progressing ok. Rank around 6k and only 300 points off the top 100. Not a bad start all things considered.

Mat0369

The one thing that worries me with Mitchell is his SC to DT ratio. I'm thinking he may be a few more weeks away. I think it is a good plan to wait on Steele, especially if Ash goes to him this week.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 21, 2022, 08:39:17 PM
The one thing that worries me with Mitchell is his SC to DT ratio. I'm thinking he may be a few more weeks away. I think it is a good plan to wait on Steele, especially if Ash goes to him this week.

He has shown he can drop lower but he's bankable at that price, not sure bottom fishing is the way to go as you could potentially miss out altogether.

I'm also of the opinion he will step up as the season progresses, even the occasional 80 won't bother me, his propensity to hit 115 by season's end usually predictable.   

Mat0369

English out for 2 to 3 weeks change your plans?

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 22, 2022, 04:05:14 PM
English out for 2 to 3 weeks change your plans?

Too late, trades locked, would have kept Rowell but dems the breaks. Might hold a week and use him to grab Cripps on the cheap.

Bully

Bad week, bad luck with Hayes on field & English a late withdrawl but dems da breaks.

Rank is taking a battering but I'm holding English, I think I can cover him for another couple. Cash gen now at 12.4 million (leader has 11.7) gives me comfort.
The rookie situation is lean so I'm popping some extra $$ into Callaghan who is vastly superior to Hobbs who didn't impress me one iota.
The plan next week is Bont or Doch with Lloyd still under scrutiny, not sure what's happened to the seagull but he looks very average this year.
Still missing Steele and I don't know how to get him so I'll leave him for last I think.

As you can see I rejigged the rucks to accommodate Hayes who is worth it for the extra dollars. Haven't discounted getting Grundy back but Preuss is averaging more.
I'm actually pleased with the composition of the side, haven't had much luck with rookie fieldings and that has proven to be the difference.

Rookies on the horizon?

Clark & Sonsie, might go early on these 2 in order to get my Bont/Doch trade over the line. Erasmus another to consider if he gets recalled.

Mat0369

Erasmus had a head knock in the WAFL which could see his potential return pushed a couple of weeks. Ward to someone like McComb may not be a bad move. Ward isn't scoring and best case McComb keeps getting games and is a slow burn, worst case he provides a loop option. D6 and F6 look fantastic. English out another 3 to 4 might mean a trade is in order. Possibly worth turning him into Steele using MacDonald and pushing  Callaghan to M9. You can always turn Preuss back into English down the track and you don't know how he recovers from a hamstring injury.

Bully

Rosas looks to be a good chance, that would be my preference.

I think I will cop the points loss with English out, Rosas can cover this week.
My reasoning is I would prefer to keep the cash rolling in & English is the number 1 ruck & the number 1 forward, don't want the headache of trying to get him back.

Next week Noddy to Doch/Bont depending on the best BE, Ward down to Clark/Sonsie.

I'm not confident this week but cash is king, the rewards will be delivered down the track, fully expecting a rank loss this week looking at some of the midfields out there.

Mat0369

The English move would be one more for next week. I think getting Steele on field could be a huge advantage and he is the easiest way to get there

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 27, 2022, 01:18:07 PM
The English move would be one more for next week. I think getting Steele on field could be a huge advantage and he is the easiest way to get there

Will assess next week, the only issue I see is the fact Steele is fully priced and English undervalued, I could see their prices being reversed at some stage.

I reckon English will be back in a fortnight, 3 weeks seems to be the norm with these injuries.

Bully

Xerri out throws a spanner in the works, tempted to grab Mills instead of Cripps, just perused Cripps stats against the Kangas

75, 75, 123, 92, 97

All these numbers are below his BE of 125, that suggests I can wait a week, might cop a small points loss but will surely make that up.

Now for the master plan, Mills is due to hit 700k with a couple of tons, worst case scenario is he makes 50k.
With the rookie situation on the light side, could easily go Mills to Bont/Petracca/Miller in a fortnight which could potentially put 200k in the coffers.

*small correction with cash gen, leader has 12.8 million (update came after initial opening)

Mat0369

I just saw the Xerri news. That changes things.

Apparently Hewett is in doubt as well

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 28, 2022, 06:16:51 PM
I just saw the Xerri news. That changes things.

Apparently Hewett is in doubt as well

And Rosas on the extended bench, in a massive bind because we won't find out if he's made the cut until after Clark plays, I need bums on seats so might have to go early on Clark for absolute certainty.

Bully

This is how I hope things go, Rosas worries me but the cash is there for the taking and a -76 BE is extremely tempting, I hope he makes the cut.

Mat0369

I think he makes the cut. I think he is named on the extended bench due to a fitness test tomorrow. I'd assume Parish is in the same boat for the Dons and will be an out around 5pm tomorrow like Danger last week if he can't get up