Bully's Boys 2022

Started by Bully, March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

First draft, unusual starting structure but method behind the madness given we've got so many overpriced rookies and little else. Whitfield won't appear in too many midfields but he's capable of similar output, provided he goes bang early it could buy some time while one of Steele or Oliver drop in price. Treloar another nice POD, I think he's top 6 and comes in at a big discount.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Bully on March 12, 2022, 01:49:11 AM

First draft, unusual starting structure but method behind the madness given we've got so many overpriced rookies and little else. Whitfield won't appear in too many midfields but he's capable of similar output, provided he goes bang early it could buy some time while one of Steele or Oliver drop in price. Treloar another nice POD, I think he's top 6 and comes in at a big discount.
Great first team Bully. Great structure and can not fault. Only issue is if you have enough change left to adjust rookies.

Bully

If I need a higher priced rookie, say Hollands up to Durdin or Martin up to Naish then I may entertain downgrading Dusty to Heeney, that seems the logical move without butchering my structure too much.

Bully

A few alterations, most notably overlooking JHF, don't think it will be a huge loss given JHF can only be picked as a mid.

Mat0369

My backline structure is pretty similar. As long as those 4 rookies are named I think most will start them.

Midfield I am not sure about the Merrett pick. I feel Parish is a better option after looking at the numbers one he became a FT mid. I haven't seen Bont in a lot of sides but his ceiling is fantastic so I can't fault it. I have gone with D Stephens/Ward on the bench as I am unsure about the other mid rookies all getting a game. Also think Horne-Francis is worth starting so I'd maybe make the adjustment to get him in and move one of Ward/Stephens to the bench.

Treloar has the ability to be top 6, unfortunately his body hasn't held up in a long time. He could very well do his hamstring by HT in round 1 and then you're already burning a trade. Curnow I have moved out of my side after the knee knock against the Saints. He was apparently well beaten by Battle and then injured himself. He is supremely talented, but I feel he is still in cotton wool and being a key forward he may put up a clunker every 3 weeks to stunt his cash growth. The forward line has a number of those mid 200k players plus it looks like Baldwin might play with the Jones injury so I'd maybe lean towards that route.

RaisyDaisy

Heya Bully

I'm not convinced at all that we can rely on 4 def rookies

Hinge's JS is very questionable and SDK could be booted as soon as Henry returns (Stewart also didn't play last week)

Gibcus and McCartin seem the only two safe options in terms of JS, and I'm not thrilled about paying 171k for Gibcus who will likely score poorly, but might be forced to pick him

Mid bench has been doing my head in - I like the idea of fielding Stephens at M8, but wondering if he might be best served at M9 so that he's solid cover, because I think all of the 117-123k mid rookies will have major JS issues, and possibly scoring issues too

Can't see Curnow being a must start either - I reckon 1 of Hayes/Dons rookie etc might be fine for F6 - so I'd dump Curnow and bring in Berry in the mids

Bully

Thanks for the feedback guys, have taken all onboard and come up with this, Parker can be a floater for now as I expect games at some stage.

Mat0369

That's a really nice looking team. How much cash left in the bank?

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 14, 2022, 02:40:51 PM
That's a really nice looking team. How much cash left in the bank?

Only 5k but if all rookies get picked I'm happy having Parker/Ned Long as a floating donut (similar to A.Fyfe from last year). Having the ability to loop is worth the lost revenue.

Mat0369

Hayes could be dropped as soon as Ryder is back and Dixon is probably battling for a spot with Bailey Williams. They're both likely to become floating donuts at some point through the R3 slot.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 14, 2022, 06:45:49 PM
Hayes could be dropped as soon as Ryder is back and Dixon is probably battling for a spot with Bailey Williams. They're both likely to become floating donuts at some point through the R3 slot.

Dusty to Heeney frees up money for Sinn/Mcguiness but I'm not sure it's worth it as neither of those two have ironclad JS.

Bully

Brady Hough looks like getting a call-up, is it worth going Dusty to Treloar/Heeney and M11 grabbing Hough. Nic Nat also unsighted so lock in Dixon I reckon.

Bully

A bit of tweaking and I can get Hough into M11, don't think I've compromised the team too much.

Bully

Very strong rumours that Western Bulldogs will debut a player and the money is on Arthur Jones, another F/D to add to the ranks.

This I believe will be my final cut, I'm confident I'll get 30 starters & I've offset the Doggies risk by replacing Bont with Clarry.

Treloar worries me a lot but Dusty has also had an interrupted preseason, I don't feel he is a 22 game player anymore.

More pain likely in the forward line this year, Butters maybe but another without the runs on the board.

Contingency in the event Treloar's hammy goes twang? English the most likely correctional trade, his Gawn game will be out of the way.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 14, 2022, 07:10:09 PM
Brady Hough looks like getting a call-up, is it worth going Dusty to Treloar/Heeney and M11 grabbing Hough. Nic Nat also unsighted so lock in Dixon I reckon.

I will probably look at Hough. He is expected to play out of the back half. No Tom Cole long term and Shepp retired could see him own the spot.

Dusty to Treloar is worth the risk with the extra trades. Personally I'm leaning towards Butters at F2