Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 10, 2021, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 10, 2021, 10:39:55 PM
But back on defence, I reckon this is the line that will be crucial. I really sense donut city & shizen scores, going deep is starting to look like a must.

Exactly why I'm starting 5 def prems and no prem fwds. Plenty of 100-300k fwds worth starting as stepping stones, whereas down back is bleak, not to mention the prem choices down back are much more appealing and safe than the fwd ones

Highmore at D6 & then park Kosi & whoever at D8, might have to speculate here if no rookies get named.

Bully

Think this is the way to go if the defence rookies don't emerge. Praying the Frawley injury gets Highmore in the picture, have gone cold on Briggs after reading some comments from the coach, Flynn seems to be the preferred option.

Still not sure whether to keep Williams, gut says he's a top 10 defender so I might just give Kosi a run. The logic here is pretty simple, there's 21 rounds of football after Thursday week, I'm also not sold on the other guys in the range. Witherden crossed my mind, Duggan could be in and out of the midfield but that doesn't help Witherden. Never fielded a suspended player before but these are strange times. This strategy basically gives me 13 keepers so I'll be going rook for rook in any case.

4k left in the bank

Telescopic

How long does the Ziebell 'Half-Back experiment' last if he can't lock down on any opponent?

Bully

Quote from: Telescopic on March 11, 2021, 05:52:16 PM
How long does the Ziebell 'Half-Back experiment' last if he can't lock down on any opponent?

Ziebell one of my first picked, nice floor of 80 irrespective of where he plays.

Bully

Think this will be the final cut, happy enough with the rookies too. Think most will get named, Smith maybe becomes Collier-Dawkins or another mid.

$900 remaining so hopefully no shocks.

Bully

HoleMeal

That looks like a solid team Bully.

Ringo

Nice team 12 keepers plus Taranto Just keep an aye on Rd 12 Byes when upgrading,

Bully

Quote from: HoleMeal on March 12, 2021, 09:23:31 AM
That looks like a solid team Bully.

Cheers mate, happy with the structure, 13 keepers which was the aim behind omitting Neale. Reckon this set up will be unique given half the field has Neale & Rowell. Forward line looks thin but Danger can be swung there if a rookie gets dropped.

Quote from: Ringo on March 12, 2021, 12:18:50 PM
Nice team 12 keepers plus Taranto Just keep an aye on Rd 12 Byes when upgrading,

Round 12 bye looks shaky but will attempt to address that with my upgrades.

Bully

Have Taranto pegged for 105 which I think is fine for M8, just hope Cripps lifts his game, don't want another 105 at M7.

Bully

2097 which I'll take, benched Warner for Bergmann as I thought Swannies would get smashed, that didn't happen & lost 40 points.

As for the state of my squad, rookies who look dodgy Bergman/McNeil/Scott

If all are dropped then I'll look at getting Dunkley & bringing in Jordon. Not sure about Berry but will take the plunge if he gets named alongside Crouch.

Really want to do Danger to Titch but may need to free up some $$.

RaisyDaisy

As usual our sides are very similar haha

I think Jordan is a must. He was very good on the weekend and won't get dropped anytime soon - not to mention your mid bench looks very risky with no Jordan or Berry

Mat0369

They have said Crouch is out indefinitely. Looking at you squad Danger to Dunks makes the most sense. It pockets you enough cash to make moves on McNeil and another spud rookie if needed next week

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2021, 03:56:38 PM
As usual our sides are very similar haha

I think Jordan is a must. He was very good on the weekend and won't get dropped anytime soon - not to mention your mid bench looks very risky with no Jordan or Berry

Mid bench a worry, hopefully only one of Scott or McNeill gets the chop, hoping it's Scott to be truthful as he's the more popular pick. If both are named & Bergman gets axed I'll bring in Jordon in a straight swap.

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 03:58:22 PM
They have said Crouch is out indefinitely. Looking at you squad Danger to Dunks makes the most sense. It pockets you enough cash to make moves on McNeil and another spud rookie if needed next week

Sidebum?? Confirmed starter.

Mat0369

30+ and coming off a calf injury. They tend to linger so I'd stay away until we see him come in and kill it. That extra 30k between Dunkley and Sidebottom will also be handy for crappy rookies