Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Also I wouldn't be too fussed not having Berry. He had a whopping 8 touches. 7 tackles was the saving grace.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 04:18:21 PM
30+ and coming off a calf injury. They tend to linger so I'd stay away until we see him come in and kill it. That extra 30k between Dunkley and Sidebottom will also be handy for crappy rookies

Good point, Dunkley probably the best option.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 04:21:29 PM
Also I wouldn't be too fussed not having Berry. He had a whopping 8 touches. 7 tackles was the saving grace.

True & there's also Thilthorpe to come in.

Still no word on Crouch, that concerns me so probs just pass on Berry.

Mat0369

They used 'indefinite' to describe Crouch's injury. How they let him play the preseason game I have no idea. They also have Hately, Jones and McKay that can come into that midfield rotation. I'm also not sure how far away Milera is

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 04:44:25 PM
They used 'indefinite' to describe Crouch's injury. How they let him play the preseason game I have no idea. They also have Hately, Jones and McKay that can come into that midfield rotation. I'm also not sure how far away Milera is

Milera is LTI and miles off, possibly gone for the season

Berry is someone you can look at on the R3 bubble - just grab Jordan this week

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2021, 05:10:56 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 04:44:25 PM

Milera is LTI and miles off, possibly gone for the season

Berry is someone you can look at on the R3 bubble - just grab Jordan this week

Just had a look at the Doggies bulletin board, both Scott & McNeill seriously under the pump, almost universal consensus that one will be dropped. Whoever goes will become Jordon, spewing I can't get Titch in but you can't win them all.

Bonner's injury gives Bergman some breathing space, even with Hartlett coming back.

Colliwobblers

Good round 1. well done.

danger to dunkley as mat said and its the same structure as you backed in to start with. just an unfortunate one trade down.

and if a rook dropped that is unlikely to return grab jordon but if they all play jordan can wait a week. worst rookie this week could get 80 next week...

Ringo

Rd 3 is usually reserved for rookie corrections as Collie has said some poor scoring rookies from Rd 1 may come out and score 60 this week, Jordan can wait a week and will be in my radar for the correction trade

Danger to Dunkley is sound.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 23, 2021, 11:03:56 AM
Rd 3 is usually reserved for rookie corrections as Collie has said some poor scoring rookies from Rd 1 may come out and score 60 this week, Jordan can wait a week and will be in my radar for the correction trade

Danger to Dunkley is sound.

I'm 90% certain one of McNeil or Scott gets punted, so I'll be moving on Jordon this week. Good chance both go with one wearing the vest (not good for those banking on a loophole candidate).

Will keep an eye on Berry this week and any others who put their hand up. Still giving myself 1 more correction trade despite suffering an early blow with Danger.

Bully

As you can see I think I need Jordon in ASAP, slightly risky given he's not on the bubble but reckon it will yield an extra 20 points on the field.

Next week might see a mad scramble if Grundy has a stinker & it looks as though Collingwood's midfield are incapable of maximising his service. Want to see some big improvement with the HOTA, Oliver on standby just in case.

Bully

So, held off on the McNeill trade after Sharp spudded things up, terrible for points but at least McNeill looks like holding his spot. Rank is ok, 2444 which is a decent launchpad.

Probably just bring in Berry & Jordon for Fyfe/Sharp/Jones. That leaves me 3 trades down but in a reasonable position.

Mat0369

I'd probably keep Sharp over Jones. The Bombers are talking about blooding young guys but they look like they will be awful. I feel Sharp getting early games means he may be back in with a chance even if he does get dropped. Him getting dropped doesn't help for loop holing purposes though with a run of early games.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2021, 12:19:24 AM
I'd probably keep Sharp over Jones. The Bombers are talking about blooding young guys but they look like they will be awful. I feel Sharp getting early games means he may be back in with a chance even if he does get dropped. Him getting dropped doesn't help for loop holing purposes though with a run of early games.

Sharp is still a kid and is studying year 12, don't think we'll be seeing much more of him to be honest. Will punt him first & maybe just hold Jones for looping.

Think the second trade will be Taranto to Heeney/Butters/Tex, want to fix the forward line but structurally that may take 2 weeks. There's merit in all picks but I'd prefer a keeper, so maybe it comes down to a 95 average with Heeney or perhaps go for broke & hope Butters hits the century. No reason he can't, he reminds me of Zach Merrett & is equally skilled, Port will also win a truckload of games this year.

Merrett's first 3 years - 63,88,111
Butter's first 2 years - 60,87

RoughRed

IMO you are going too early on Taranto, but if you are going to shift him on I would be Butters over Heeney. Heeney is great when going but always seems to miss games. Tex would generate $ but unless you think he stays in your team long term, with your current structure I do not think I would be trading him in
You have 12 "keepers" including Cripps plus Ziebell plus  Taranto.
IMO if replacing Taranto you need someone who will last the season and play every game ... no guarantees in SC but not sure that Heeney fits the bill.
Did you pick Taranto as a placeholder or maybe?

Bully

Quote from: RoughRed on March 30, 2021, 01:57:22 AM
IMO you are going too early on Taranto, but if you are going to shift him on I would be Butters over Heeney. Heeney is great when going but always seems to miss games. Tex would generate $ but unless you think he stays in your team long term, with your current structure I do not think I would be trading him in
You have 12 "keepers" including Cripps plus Ziebell plus  Taranto.
IMO if replacing Taranto you need someone who will last the season and play every game ... no guarantees in SC but not sure that Heeney fits the bill.
Did you pick Taranto as a placeholder or maybe?

Taranto was there as an M8 maybe, 105 I think is the minimum for this position. With Cripps also looking like a bust I think I need to make an adjustment & try and strike early in the forward line, the sooner I can fill F6, the better. Butters has a BE of 12 so he's going up whatever happens, now is an opportune time to jump on. 36 disposals usually indicates something is around the corner, safe bet I think. His floor probably 95 with potential to hit 110.