Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

This is obviously contingent on rookies but I like this structure. Thoughts?

Mat0369

You will need to go more expensive down back. Williams is looking like copping a week. The two best defensive rookies appear to be Kosi and Briggs but there is no guarantee Briggs plays Round 1. Same goes for Highmore, it doesn't look likely that he plays Round 1 unless Carlisle isn't fit. The other guy that looks to have cemented a spot is Cox but he is way too expensive. I think best case scenario you're looking at being able to field 1 defensive rookie at best so that's the first thing I would change structure wise.

Macrae is a bit of a crapshoot in the midfield. There are a lot of Dogs mids to feed and I feel there are better options to start the year while that mess sorts itself out. I'd also dump Heeney because he looks to be playing deeper and you won't get those points like years past. I feel Heeney out, Dusty forward and using that cash to lock down your defence is the first thing I would try.

Waterman also seems to be behind Jones at the Dons so he may not be fantasy relevant from the get go. It doesn't look like we will be short on forward options though and you can probably swing Brockman forward and bring in McNeil for M11 since he will get games for the Dogs.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 08, 2021, 02:27:20 AM
You will need to go more expensive down back. Williams is looking like copping a week. The two best defensive rookies appear to be Kosi and Briggs but there is no guarantee Briggs plays Round 1. Same goes for Highmore, it doesn't look likely that he plays Round 1 unless Carlisle isn't fit. The other guy that looks to have cemented a spot is Cox but he is way too expensive. I think best case scenario you're looking at being able to field 1 defensive rookie at best so that's the first thing I would change structure wise.

Macrae is a bit of a crapshoot in the midfield. There are a lot of Dogs mids to feed and I feel there are better options to start the year while that mess sorts itself out. I'd also dump Heeney because he looks to be playing deeper and you won't get those points like years past. I feel Heeney out, Dusty forward and using that cash to lock down your defence is the first thing I would try.

Waterman also seems to be behind Jones at the Dons so he may not be fantasy relevant from the get go. It doesn't look like we will be short on forward options though and you can probably swing Brockman forward and bring in McNeil for M11 since he will get games for the Dogs.

Thoughts on Cunnington for Heeney? Think there is some value to be had, 3 round projection has him at 107 & that would set me on my way for a sneaky sideways down the track.

Macrae I love, 3 straight 120 seasons & very durable, also captain material. I'm confident he makes the top 10.

Mat0369

I had Cunnington in my team for a lot of the offseason. I took him out after watching North play because I think he will spend more chunks of the game up forward and I don't know how he will score there. LDU looked amazing for North and with Simpkin, Dumont, Anderson, Powell and a few others rotating through there I think they look to move towards the future.

Colliwobblers

looks like near perfect structure.

Williams as you know misses round 1. as you know so probably need money to upgrade there, and if you have the cash and hopefully hes named hard to pass on clark down back if mats right and we get one playing rook a week, I'm hoping its not as bad as all that...

Cripps and Heeney haven't looked great. Huge fan of Cripps but he's opposition enemy #1 cannot be left alone...

I've gone bont over macrae due to macrae being pushed onto a wing in the past, in saying that macrae has the highest ceiling. hard to call as mat said dogs midfield crowded now throw in treloar. I'm still getting me some tho :)

keen to see your next version if your changing up for williams.

Bully

The big omission here is Neale but the cash fixes Heeney & Williams. Risky for sure but I'll be aiming to grab Neale when he gets to 650, projector has him losing money so that's good enough for me.

Cripps is a worry but I'll take 105 at worst. Upside is massive however and I think it's a punt worth taking, M8 isn't season crashing if the worst eventuates.

Impey has to go, need to free cash somehow & I'm not messing with my premos.

Bont looks primed as well, could take it to the next level this year & be the marquee player of the competition, would hate to miss that spectacle.

Colliwobblers

reckon you nailed it. Cripps be an easy fix or a big windfall. the fwd in the midfield is essential, never seen it before in so many years playing but it seems the only way this season.

gonna ruin us all if only one rook is named in defense for round 1 :)

assume your short on cash left over?

Bully

The rookie situation in defence is tenuous, only 10k in the kitty. Not sure what I'll do to be honest.

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 09, 2021, 10:26:30 PM
Cripps and Heeney haven't looked great. Huge fan of Cripps but he's opposition enemy #1 cannot be left alone...

A lot of people are worried that Cripps spent chunks of the game forward. Carlton's issue is that McKay got injured against the Saints so they needed a marking target next to Oscar McDonald. Cripps had to pick up the load there and in the last quarter that actually became Silvagni with Cripps pushing back into the mids. His value is too good to pass up and he was named in the best against the Bombers in the practice match the week prior.

Quote from: Bully on March 09, 2021, 11:27:00 PM
The rookie situation in defence is tenuous, only 10k in the kitty. Not sure what I'll do to be honest.

Bring in Campbell from the Swans as a rookie and dump one of Danger/Dusty/Dunkley. Otherwise dump Bont making the exact same move and upgrade Jones to a defensive premium like Tom Stewart.

Bully

One of the mids will have to go & it will probably be Taranto, the replacement I'm yet to determine.

Samsturmfels

you could go Taranto to a Caldwell/Green and a def rookie to Clark.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 10, 2021, 09:07:04 PM
you could go Taranto to a Caldwell/Green and a def rookie to Clark.

Reckon I will just do a straight swap for Zac Williams, ride out the first round with a rookie score & then have a nice POD for round 2. Sounds like a risky strategy but the cash saved compared to someone like Docherty can be put to good use & I reckon I can make up the points by grabbing Campbell or another highly touted junior. Not keen on Duggan.

Defence looms as a minefield, particularly if Briggs gets displaced early (presuming he's even named). Clark I reckon looks great but he's got some serious talent around him & JS would be a week to week proposition. For that amount of coin you want a rock solid rookie because there's no obvious sideways if things turn south.

Money Shot

Like the team!

My only concern would be the lack of top tier talent in the midfield. I think Neale and Oliver will both be must have by the end of the season and not starting both of them makes it very hard to get them both in...

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on March 10, 2021, 10:27:25 PM
Like the team!

My only concern would be the lack of top tier talent in the midfield. I think Neale and Oliver will both be must have by the end of the season and not starting both of them makes it very hard to get them both in...

Bont is my Brownlow smokey so I consider him top end talent, perfect age for a monster year. Naughton injured concerns me a tad but Schache should fill the void, albeit in a less spectacular manner.

Macrae is gold, no question, better chance to maintain the 120 average than Oliver who I suspect will come back to the pack due to more uncontested football.

Neale is the challenge and I'll need a rock solid plan to get him. Three game projection is 120, there will be a discount, the only question is how much. The law of averages states I will also cop an injury at some point, Neale sub 650k also puts me ahead of the game if that does eventuate.

But back on defence, I reckon this is the line that will be crucial. I really sense donut city & shizen scores, going deep is starting to look like a must.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on March 10, 2021, 10:39:55 PM
But back on defence, I reckon this is the line that will be crucial. I really sense donut city & shizen scores, going deep is starting to look like a must.

Exactly why I'm starting 5 def prems and no prem fwds. Plenty of 100-300k fwds worth starting as stepping stones, whereas down back is bleak, not to mention the prem choices down back are much more appealing and safe than the fwd ones