2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 15, 2021, 12:32:38 AM
If you don't start Neale, how do you plan on bringing him in? If he scores his average against each team leading up to the bye he won't drop under 600k using the Tooserious salary calculator. So if you plan on bringing him in early how do you plan on doing it? It's near impossible unless you're culling underperforming premiums and if you are it's a waste of a trade.

It's a risk & the logistics will be difficult if he starts like he did last year. However, I'm not placing too much credence on last year's scores, they don't look right, not just for Neale but a host of others. I'm reasonably confident he'll dip below 650k & I'll back myself to grab him round 6 or 7. There's also injury to consider, in which case a sideways trade will be on the cards. Time will tell of course, I'm not oozing confidence but I know a slowish start might give me me a slight advantage. Don't think Neale & mid pricer will trump Cripps/Taranto in points or trades.

j959

Quote from: Bully on March 15, 2021, 01:39:53 AM
If you don't start Neale, how do you plan on bringing him in? If he scores his average against each team leading up to the bye he won't drop under 600k using the Tooserious salary calculator. So if you plan on bringing him in early how do you plan on doing it? It's near impossible unless you're culling underperforming premiums and if you are it's a waste of a trade.

It's a risk & the logistics will be difficult if he starts like he did last year. However, I'm not placing too much credence on last year's scores, they don't look right, not just for Neale but a host of others. I'm reasonably confident he'll dip below 650k & I'll back myself to grab him round 6 or 7. There's also injury to consider, in which case a sideways trade will be on the cards. Time will tell of course, I'm not oozing confidence but I know a slowish start might give me me a slight advantage. Don't think Neale & mid pricer will trump Cripps/Taranto in points or trades.
or Neale and a rook & using the money saved elsewhere?

Bully

Quote from: j959 on March 15, 2021, 02:12:57 AM
Quote from: Bully on March 15, 2021, 01:39:53 AM

or Neale and a rook & using the money saved elsewhere?

Open to suggestions but can't see any way apart from a defender down to Clark, something I'm not too keen on.

tommy10

Possibly Short/Stewart to Williams/Duggan and upgrade Bont to Neale?

Bully

Quote from: tommy10 on March 15, 2021, 02:01:09 PM
Possibly Short/Stewart to Williams/Duggan and upgrade Bont to Neale?

Bont to Neale will cost 98k, that means Short is out the question. Can do it with Stewart but that also entails copping a rookie score round 1 (if I take Williams). Not sold on Duggan, 50/50 to crack 95 this year but the West Coast midfield have some big names to return so it's fraught with risk. Thought about Witherden but would only take if I knew he would be the designated kick out guy.

Bont/Stewart vs Neale/Williams

Also need to scrap for another 10k which means downgrading another rookie. Not sure that's possible without cutting Briggs, that would effectively leave me without a loophole & ruck insurance.

jfitty

Those that are going Flynn at R2, Gawn vs Grundy for first ruck?

Gawn worth the extra 100k?

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on March 15, 2021, 04:28:01 PM
Those that are going Flynn at R2, Gawn vs Grundy for first ruck?

Gawn worth the extra 100k?

The only flaw with this strategy is Flynn being supplanted by Briggs who is listed in defence/attack. Meek probably makes way for Darcy & Hunter will make way for Ryder. That leaves you in a difficult situation if the rookie rucks haven't made enough $$.

hawkers65

Lloyd and Phillips (swing to be a keeper FWD)
Or
Ridley and Cripps

B.

Short/Macrae v Daniel or Ridley/Dangerfield???

Fid

Quote from: B. on March 15, 2021, 10:14:41 PM

Daniel/Dangerfield

B.

Quote from: Fid on March 15, 2021, 10:19:16 PM

Daniel/Dangerfield

Cripps/Impey v Dangerfield (mid)/FWD rookie named

Fid

Quote from: B. on March 15, 2021, 10:29:56 PM
Quote from: Fid on March 15, 2021, 10:19:16 PM

Daniel/Dangerfield

Cripps/Impey v Dangerfield (mid)/FWD rookie named

I'd go the Dangerfield option, not that impressed with Impey

Mat0369

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 15, 2021, 08:42:33 PM
Lloyd and Phillips (swing to be a keeper FWD)
Or
Ridley and Cripps

I like Ridley and Cripps as a combo but I think Lloyd is also a must.

RoughRed

Mat0369

I like both but Stewart is under priced due to his injury game. I'd have to go with Stewart in that situation.