2021 Forwards

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

<Insert General Forward Questions/Discussion for the 2021 season here>

Mat0369

What's Buddy going to be priced at heading into next season. He was about 350k heading into 2020 and didn't play a game so you would expect a discount.

Looking at some of the prices Ziebell has to be a lock

enzedder

Danger has a great draw to start the year and will in all likelihood be the #1 fwd in SC again. Must have.
Marshall will definitely be in my team as a fwd/ will have a DPP ruck so I can swing him for cover if need be. If Ryder misses the start of the year that only helps his scoring but it doesn’t really matter too much as Marshall should be one of the best scoring forwards regardless.
Heeney is amazing value. Have to pick him.
JZ’s price makes him a starting lock in my eyes given he is that price based off a 48 season average in a year where 3 of his 8 games were injury affected (two first quarter ones) and his previous nine seasons had him averaging 80/90s. All we need from him is about 5 games and he’s 100kplus profit and gone.
JoDaniher is a similar proposition. Wait for a couple of back to back big games and he’s traded out for a healthy profit.
Unsure of Buddy.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 23, 2020, 02:25:05 PM
What's Buddy going to be priced at heading into next season. He was about 350k heading into 2020 and didn't play a game so you would expect a discount.

Looking at some of the prices Ziebell has to be a lock

Buddy is 312k
Hogan 310k
JZ and BB are 260k
Daniher 233k

I suspect most sides will be starting at least 1 from that lot

Ringo

Agree with Enzedder - Geelongs juicy initial draw makes Danger a must. Can see if you do not start him may be behind the eight ball to try and bring him in.
At the moment have Daniher but want to see how he goes with preseason games. If fit he starts and has the ability to make 100k quickly. As you say JZ and BB at $260 will be the other options if he does not start,

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Liking Dangerfield,  Dunkley,  Marshall,  Martin,  Daniher as starters but this is forcing me very thin in the mids.

:-\

enzedder

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on December 23, 2020, 10:44:12 PM
:)

Liking Dangerfield,  Dunkley,  Marshall,  Martin,  Daniher as starters but this is forcing me very thin in the mids.

:-\
Dunkley should be a great forward pick. Think we are spoiled to have the likes of him and Sidebottom, alongside Danger and Martin as premo forwards in 2021. Yet with the Bulldogs having so many genuine mids (Bont, Macrae, Libba, Treloar) as well as fantastic support that can rotate through (B Smith and Hunter) I'd be wary about starting Dunkley for fear of Bevo keeping him forward. The Treloar factor squeezes him out of mids for mine or certainly impacts on his number of centre bounce attendances and with Stef Martin recruited to support English I think Dunkley's days of rucking are done as well. He starts the year as a watch and see for me.

Money Shot

I know it’s early stages but Dunkley at 41% surprises me.

As Enzedder said, surely he is going to be pushed out of the midfield rotation and his point scoring will drop because of that?

Peter

Well, if they want to keep him, they better have him in the middle - surely Bont will spend time forward (sans Fyfe) and Macrae on the wing, leaving Dunkley to get a fair chunk of mid time - great value at his price

enzedder

Quote from: Peter on January 29, 2021, 06:40:29 AM
Well, if they want to keep him, they better have him in the middle - surely Bont will spend time forward (sans Fyfe) and Macrae on the wing, leaving Dunkley to get a fair chunk of mid time - great value at his price
Rotating with Bailey Smith, Treloar, Hunter and Libba.
Add Bont and Macrae who are too good not to get some mid time and Dunkley is just too risky for mine. Has to be on the watch list.
I initially had Macrae in my plans but I’ve even taken him out.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on January 29, 2021, 07:50:21 AM
Add Bont and Macrae who are too good not to get some mid time and Dunkley is just too risky for mine. Has to be on the watch list.
Can see the concerns about Dogs midfielders.   Though I feel Macrea is the one you can bank on.  Unless he is stuck as a high forward it is hard to not see him benefitting from Treleor, Libba et al getting the ball out to him.    I am sticking with Macrea and leaving the rest of the dogs alone.   

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on January 29, 2021, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: enzedder on January 29, 2021, 07:50:21 AM
Can see the concerns about Dogs midfielders.   Though I feel Macrea is the one you can bank on.  Unless he is stuck as a high forward it is hard to not see him benefitting from Treleor, Libba et al getting the ball out to him.    I am sticking with Macrea and leaving the rest of the dogs alone.
Yeah, probably an over reaction on my part and reckon that you’re right about Macrae being the safest of the WB mids. On the balance of byes he works better for me too.

dmac07

What are peoples thoughts on S.Bolton?

Averaged 86 last year, 462k. 22 years old, 40 career games. He came on a lot last year, could he breakout further this year? Can any Richmond fans talk to if they think he will continue to grow his midfield minutes if Prestia stays fit?

Currently my F3

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: dmac07 on January 31, 2021, 07:44:01 PM
What are peoples thoughts on S.Bolton?

Averaged 86 last year, 462k. 22 years old, 40 career games. He came on a lot last year, could he breakout further this year? Can any Richmond fans talk to if they think he will continue to grow his midfield minutes if Prestia stays fit?

Currently my F3

:-X

Not a Tigers fan, but I reckon he could easily avg 100. Currently my F2 (gone light-ish up forward.

walloo44

My thoughts on the main forwards, and how options seem bleak this year

Danger - injury pre season and forward time looming large

Sidebottom - super expensive for an aging player who will likely play forward for extended periods

Hawkins - Cameron in, no

Dunkley - treloar added and he could easily get squeezed as we see all the time

Marshall - seems safe and a good ruck cover but not a high ceiling

Dusty - how much will he play forward, do Richmond slow down and younger mids  coming through (Graham Ross Bolton)

Walters - plays forward a lot and can be up and down. Freos young mids also ready to take over

Zorko - similar to Walters

Heeney - eh will he ever be what we think he can be? No doubts he will be largely a forward still as he’s too important there, ceiling not great

Butters/Bolton- breakout potential by not worth the risk of starting them

Degoey - see above

Daniher - sure he’s cheap and can score, but His best year their forward line was Stanton, booker, francis, fantasia, colyer. Not exactly the same quality as Brisbane’s

Zieball - sure he’s at halfback and cheap but he’s one of the worst kicks in the AFL and the role may not last. He’s also getting older and is a huge bust candidate