What happens (Melb and Ess players) this week?

Started by Frankfaust, June 20, 2020, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfitty

Quote from: MontyJnr on June 22, 2020, 12:29:47 PM
Quote from: jfitty on June 22, 2020, 11:16:14 AM
Quote from: IntegralX on June 22, 2020, 11:03:52 AM
I’m fine with best 18, I’m not fine with those players being awarded double points in the future. The average across 2 games yes, double points is just flowered though.

Yeah I agree, if they make up the extra game at some stage, maybe it won't count towards Supercoach?

Feel the best 18 was enough to get through this week, they definitely couldn't have a 'double round' though.

If they do, you can be sure my "girlfriend" will be setting up her Melbourne/Essendon team for that week ;D

They have confirmed there will be a double round when the Melbourne v Essendon game is rescheduled.

Bring on the 680 from Captain Gawn!

Geeez, I must have missed that.

Feel that definitely compromises the comp though, more than having 18 for one round..

PowerBug

Double points hasn’t been confirmed

Al Paton and Tim Michell (two guys who are involved in the decision making) said on an emergency podcast on Sunday that it hasn’t been decided what will happen when Essendon vs Melbourne gets played.

It’s been hinted that it will be normal in the sense that players that play twice will have their scores simply add up, but there might be alternate methods which end up prevailing.

One that had been suggested is a best 22 scenario. So say you have a full team, and then Max Gawn is your only Melbourne or Essendon player and he puts up two 150s. Both will count individually and the bottom score will drop off. Any captain from these teams will only be included for one game.

Wanderer

Quote from: PowerBug on June 22, 2020, 04:45:34 PM
Double points hasn’t been confirmed

Al Paton and Tim Michell (two guys who are involved in the decision making) said on an emergency podcast on Sunday that it hasn’t been decided what will happen when Essendon vs Melbourne gets played.

It’s been hinted that it will be normal in the sense that players that play twice will have their scores simply add up, but there might be alternate methods which end up prevailing.

One that had been suggested is a best 22 scenario. So say you have a full team, and then Max Gawn is your only Melbourne or Essendon player and he puts up two 150s. Both will count individually and the bottom score will drop off. Any captain from these teams will only be included for one game.

That's a better option than double points.

frenzy

there has to be some compensation for teams that had Melb/Ess players out. Half way through a round and told it's best 18 and the bench is locked. Give me strength.  :D

no eye deer

Quote from: frenzy on June 22, 2020, 05:31:15 PM
there has to be some compensation for teams that had Melb/Ess players out. Half way through a round and told it's best 18 and the bench is locked. Give me strength.  :D

Yep. I was predicted to win by 150 odd on Saturday, but lost by 4, with Brander sitting on my bench without the E. Missed Gawn and Vineys scores for a 50 and a 48. Real flowering fair!

jfitty

Quote from: no eye deer on June 22, 2020, 06:05:22 PM

Yep. I was predicted to win by 150 odd on Saturday, but lost by 4, with Brander sitting on my bench without the E. Missed Gawn and Vineys scores for a 50 and a 48. Real flowering fair!

They should have made it the top 18 scorers from your entire team - including non-emergency bench players.

The Twitter community is not happy to say the least :-\

Wanderer

Personally, I can't complain given I was ranked just over 10,000 after round 2 and shot up to around the 1,000 mark after round 3.

tkringle

Quote from: jfitty on June 22, 2020, 06:27:38 PM
Quote from: no eye deer on June 22, 2020, 06:05:22 PM

They should have made it the top 18 scorers from your entire team - including non-emergency bench players.

The Twitter community is not happy to say the least :-\

Yep top 18 regardless of emergency status would have been the fairest

crowls

agreed,  4 ess/melb players on the field and no cover.     season was challenging as it was now,  just deflated  :(

IntegralX

Looks like Carlton/Essendon will be going ahead as planned next week. Essendon will be missing McKenna and another 4-5 unconfirmed players...you'd think it'd be their backline and BZT gets a look in though. Source: Caroline Wilson on FC

Waiting for that fixture, I'm thinking Ess/Melb is played in Round 6 and I get the feeling that due to the WA teams having to quarantine it could be a split round across 2 weeks. That's just me speculating though.

shaker

James Stewart the only other Bomber player that needs to Quarantine  :o Carlton and Collingwood players would have to have doubts

Samsturmfels

Quote from: crowls on June 22, 2020, 11:34:10 PM
agreed,  4 ess/melb players on the field and no cover.     season was challenging as it was now,  just deflated  :(
yeah i had Smith, gawn, Viney, Rivers, BZT (although already not playing) on top of Whitfield and Dusty.

At least that round is now over. Hopefully next time a game gets cancelled i don't have many players from those teams.

Carn

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 23, 2020, 10:41:45 PM
yeah i had Smith, gawn, Viney, Rivers, BZT (although already not playing) on top of Whitfield and Dusty.

At least that round is now over. Hopefully next time a game gets cancelled i don't have many players from those teams.

Gawn (C), Vinney, D.Smith, Rivers, Bennell all on field, best 18 didn’t help. Future double gameweek doesn’t help as people will transfer in. Has cost me my interest in this year. I am about 400pts down now and flowered off.
Easy for most to say it is ok if you got 1900+ scores but for the sub 1700 club this really hurts.

My solution: Whenever the game is played just add the scores to this gameweeks total. Fair.

tor01doc

Quote from: Carn on June 24, 2020, 11:09:40 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 23, 2020, 10:41:45 PM

Gawn (C), Vinney, D.Smith, Rivers, Bennell all on field, best 18 didn’t help. Future double gameweek doesn’t help as people will transfer in. Has cost me my interest in this year. I am about 400pts down now and flowered off.
Easy for most to say it is ok if you got 1900+ scores but for the sub 1700 club this really hurts.

My solution: Whenever the game is played just add the scores to this gameweeks total. Fair.

But team selections my be different - what if Gawn is out?

jfitty

Looks like they've made a call on what'll happen with the rescheduled game..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-news/kfc-supercoach-to-revert-to-best-18-scoring-system-in-round-3-due-to-postponed-essendonmelbourne-game/news-story/2ca63a5499f993ca92bf9b57af424c6c

The game will be included with the closest round, with player's highest score from the two games being counted in Supercoach..

I feel that's a good solution, you couldn't possibly have a double game round with both scores counting, so this seems a fair solution.