What happens (Melb and Ess players) this week?

Started by Frankfaust, June 20, 2020, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2020, 01:25:12 PM
Quote from: shaker on June 21, 2020, 01:17:00 PM
Looking at the footage of McKenna coughing and blowing his nose and droplets flying everywhere among the other players the day before he tested positive I can't see how the Bombers can play in the next 2 weeks even if no more test positive.
Waiting for confirmation though 14 days quarantine for club personnel looks be be minimum requirement.  Remember everybody touchesdoor handles, people share equipment, team staff handle clothes, boots footballs, etc how can you in honestly not quarantine the club.
Agree that even if Bombers players test negative next weeks game should not go ahead either. O'Connor as an example why tested negative Wednesday, irregular test Friday and positive Saturday.

Mat0369

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 21, 2020, 12:52:15 AM
yeah that decision is a joke. The more sensible way would have been to go with averages or projected prices.

Averages or predicted is worse than best 18 scores. A lot of people would have shuffled their teams around after the announcement to prevent donuts which means King and Brown moved onto the field. By then saying 'yeah, you could have had 115 for Trac instead of Kings 51 that would be a showershow.

Best 18 is also how this has been handled historically. It would have been nice to know this on Thursday, maybe they can throw everyone another couple trades and a multi trade week next week to make up for it, but it's the nature of the beast this year.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 21, 2020, 01:31:25 PM
yeah that decision is a joke. The more sensible way would have been to go with averages or projected prices.

Averages or predicted is worse than best 18 scores. A lot of people would have shuffled their teams around after the announcement to prevent donuts which means King and Brown moved onto the field. By then saying 'yeah, you could have had 115 for Trac instead of Kings 51 that would be a showershow.

Best 18 is also how this has been handled historically. It would have been nice to know this on Thursday, maybe they can throw everyone another couple trades and a multi trade week next week to make up for it, but it's the nature of the beast this year.
Would be nice to know whether Carlton Essendon game is to go ahead and whether best 18 will continue by Thursday/Friday.

crowls

Agree Mat,  would love a couple of extra trades to fix some issues.   Glad I have cash in bank from not starting Gawn and downgrading English to Pittonet this week..  Probably go for a def/mid or fwd/mid upgrade option for cumming or noble.   Also put sinclair on the pine as I have the cash to upgrade from xerri.   

frenzy

Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2020, 01:36:45 PM

Agree Mat,  would love a couple of extra trades to fix some issues.   Glad I have cash in bank from not starting Gawn and downgrading English to Pittonet this week..  Probably go for a def/mid or fwd/mid upgrade option for cumming or noble.   Also put sinclair on the pine as I have the cash to upgrade from xerri.

Surely you mean Naismith not Sinkers.    :o

IntegralX

Double points for all ess and melb players in whatever round it’s played. It could be played during finals, kind of want to pull out of all cash leagues now.

Additionally, Zerrett Oliver Petracca all become musts. Grundy to Gawn looking like the trade to do this week given this news in conjunction with Grundys poor form plus the emergence of Pittonet.

fanTCfool

I'm sure we'll have plenty of notice as to when the rescheduled match will occur. No need to be overloading on Dees & Dons just yet.

crowls

Quote from: frenzy on June 21, 2020, 01:40:21 PM
Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2020, 01:36:45 PM

Surely you mean Naismith not Sinkers.    :o
Thanks-  yep Naismith.   

Samsturmfels

yeah agree I most on what you have said. Although i understand the circumstances and it is just a game they probably should have had plans in place for when this was going to happen. The reasoning why i don't fully agree with there decision is because it makes it nearly impossible for those with a number of dees/dons players to still be competitive overall. For example, if both best 18 and player projections were used i would be up 200 sc points.

Mat0369

Carlton players could be in the same boat this week and Collingwood the week after. They will have to likely quarantine for 14 days from yesterday, so that means three games.

My gut says round 7, 11 and round 15 they'll try and play twice in the week. So play a double header on Thursday and Friday round 7, play Wednesday (makeup game), play Monday(regular), play Sunday, play a double on Friday again, play Wednesday round 11( makeup), play Monday and so forth until you knock out all the make up games. It's a few 5 and 6 day breaks for Essendon but it's doable if they use Monday and Wednesday night.

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 21, 2020, 02:13:21 PM
yeah agree I most on what you have said. Although i understand the circumstances and it is just a game they probably should have had plans in place for when this was going to happen. The reasoning why i don't fully agree with there decision is because it makes it nearly impossible for those with a number of dees/dons players to still be competitive overall. For example, if both best 18 and player projections were used i would be up 200 sc points.

Projections should never be used. They're always flat out wrong and you'll have rookies projected to score 30's. Averages you can't use mid round and 2 rounds in to the season because they're over inflated and you could trade any spud in from either side to get their score.

It's looking like we're getting double points from these guys somewhere down the track so it's actually to your advantage to have them. Captain Gawn when he knocks out back to back 150's will give you 600 points. If you also managed to score Pitto and Neale captain this week you're laughing

frenzy

Fantasy is going season ave's for Ess and Demons this week.

Rusty00

Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2020, 01:05:22 PM
If nothing else footy and sc provide some distraction from our situation.  We are lucky to live in a country that is doing it better than most others.   My thoughts are with those who businesses and jobs are affected, with those who have lost and will lose family and friends.  Those who do not know how they are going to pay rent, buy food or cover their mortgage.
Well said.

I enjoy playing SC, but the absolute delirium on Social Media regarding the affect to fantasy is quite sad really.

Mat0369

Quote from: frenzy on June 21, 2020, 02:50:15 PM

Players were also locked on Friday so in that case it makes some sense, but I think best 18 is the go in these situations

LordSneeze

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 21, 2020, 03:09:41 PM

Players were also locked on Friday so in that case it makes some sense, but I think best 18 is the go in these situations
I do agree, best 18 is the right call.
Average or projections wouldnt align back to the 3300 points. Players who bought in Viney would get 138 which rewards people for chasing points rather thsn what could happen, 10% chance at modt IMO he scores that.

This is just another opportunity for strategy to be used to create a gap on other players who dont adjust.

frenzy

Quote from: LordSneeze on June 21, 2020, 03:17:58 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 21, 2020, 03:09:41 PM

I do agree, best 18 is the right call.
Average or projections wouldnt align back to the 3300 points. Players who bought in Viney would get 138 which rewards people for chasing points rather thsn what could happen, 10% chance at modt IMO he scores that.

This is just another opportunity for strategy to be used to create a gap on other players who dont adjust.

but you can easily double dip with double points when Ess plays Melb. That'll blow 3300 to the shizen.