What happens (Melb and Ess players) this week?

Started by Frankfaust, June 20, 2020, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfaust

Is it best 18 on field this week? What about Gawn/Pitto (sub)?

Not stressing, but I end up with 17 players, and only effective sub is Pitto, if allowed.

RoughRed

Reckon the season is done, perhaps not for all the fanatsy stuff but certainly for equity in the league and the results, the afl adminstrators from ceo down ( those that still have a job) are just looking out for $$$$$
This is a year just to forget, or perhaps remember, good and bad, on how people have managed themselves

RoughRed

Sorry if off topic ... just really depressed on the overall attitude of the afl towards the current covid situation ... selfish, privileged and alot of other big words do not go go close to the way I see the ceo putting his "case" for the sport

I love my football and i know navigating the situation is difficult, doing it for my business and staff is difficult, but geeez ........

rebird

Appears to be best 18, now listed on site. Was leading all three leagues I’m in, now projected to lose all three.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: rebird on June 20, 2020, 11:57:19 PM
Appears to be best 18, now listed on site. Was leading all three leagues I’m in, now projected to lose all three.

yeah that decision is a joke. The more sensible way would have been to go with averages or projected prices.

RoughRed

Guess i can loophole viney/neale ( my current vc) ...

fanTCfool

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 21, 2020, 12:52:15 AM

yeah that decision is a joke. The more sensible way would have been to go with averages or projected prices.

Averages after 2 games? No thanks. Jack Viney owners don't deserve a 136.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 21, 2020, 01:48:15 AM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 21, 2020, 12:52:15 AM

Averages after 2 games? No thanks. Jack Viney owners don't deserve a 136.
thats why i said averages or projected scores. Even giving scores based on prices would have been fairer.

enzedder

Ouch.
Viney Oliver Gawn DSmith Rivers
Was out when McInerney was a late out so he’s on my field already.
Dusty out and a few non playing rookies too.
Lost of lot of interest and this just adds to it.
Will keep playing but not going to put as much effort into it.
Edit: Further to the above...Lost my C in Gawn too.
Traded in Rivers but rather Sturt now.
At least I have Whitfield’s 8.

Frankfaust

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I get Pitto as my Ruck sub, seeing they're calling it a Bye.

Commiserations to us all on a crap 2020 and a crap footy season.

Could be worse, but it's bad enough, regardless.

Stay well, so we can all have a better crack next year.

Meanwhile . . .

Ringo

This was at top when I logged onto SC this morning:

ROUND 3 - BEST 18 SCORING: With the postponement of the Essendon v Melbourne match, Best 18 scoring rules apply. Your team scores points from your Best 18 players (top 18 scores) selected in your Starting 22 only, from any position (including any Emergencies required).

So if I am correct my two listed emergencies Brander and Taylor will come on to replace Rivers and Devon Smith and then I can move Budarick not emergency onto field to replace Viney.  Giving me 20 on filed. Leaving Gawn on as C.  As I was at game too late to move Brander forawrd and use McAsay to add another on field.

So heres hoping a decent score but really hard to keep enthusiasm going for fantasy football and afl in general now.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on June 21, 2020, 08:57:35 AM

At least I have Whitfield’s 8.
Highlight of the season so far,  Whitfield 8,   2 Ess and 2 Melbourne players on field.   
Projected 2065 with only 18 scoring players including whitfield.  But honestly it does not matter.   

If nothing else footy and sc provide some distraction from our situation.  We are lucky to live in a country that is doing it better than most others.   My thoughts are with those who businesses and jobs are affected, with those who have lost and will lose family and friends.  Those who do not know how they are going to pay rent, buy food or cover their mortgage. 

Ringo

Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2020, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: enzedder on June 21, 2020, 08:57:35 AM

If nothing else footy and sc provide some distraction from our situation.  We are lucky to live in a country that is doing it better than most others.   My thoughts are with those who businesses and jobs are affected, with those who have lost and will lose family and friends.  Those who do not know how they are going to pay rent, buy food or cover their mortgage.
Concur with statement and think it sums up all

shaker

Looking at the footage of McKenna coughing and blowing his nose and droplets flying everywhere among the other players the day before he tested positive I can't see how the Bombers can play in the next 2 weeks even if no more test positive.

crowls

Quote from: shaker on June 21, 2020, 01:17:00 PM
Looking at the footage of McKenna coughing and blowing his nose and droplets flying everywhere among the other players the day before he tested positive I can't see how the Bombers can play in the next 2 weeks even if no more test positive.
Waiting for confirmation though 14 days quarantine for club personnel looks be be minimum requirement.  Remember everybody touchesdoor handles, people share equipment, team staff handle clothes, boots footballs, etc how can you in honestly not quarantine the club.