What happens (Melb and Ess players) this week?

Started by Frankfaust, June 20, 2020, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: frenzy on June 21, 2020, 03:27:20 PM
Quote from: LordSneeze on June 21, 2020, 03:17:58 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 21, 2020, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: frenzy on June 21, 2020, 02:50:15 PM
Fantasy is going season ave's for Ess and Demons this week.

Players were also locked on Friday so in that case it makes some sense, but I think best 18 is the go in these situations
I do agree, best 18 is the right call.
Average or projections wouldnt align back to the 3300 points. Players who bought in Viney would get 138 which rewards people for chasing points rather thsn what could happen, 10% chance at modt IMO he scores that.

This is just another opportunity for strategy to be used to create a gap on other players who dont adjust.

but you can easily double dip with double points when Ess plays Melb. That'll blow 3300 to the shizen.
My understamding it will be a stand alone game so the 3300 will still be in place for that game as well as the other games of the Round where Melbourne and Essendon Players are involved. So obviously Melbourne and Essendon players will be loaded up when they round is played Gawn c will no doubt be one popular choice that round.

Samsturmfels

Players were also locked on Friday so in that case it makes some sense, but I think best 18 is the go in these situations
Average or projections wouldnt align back to the 3300 points. Players who bought in Viney would get 138 which rewards people for chasing points rather thsn what could happen, 10% chance at modt IMO he scores that.

This is just another opportunity for strategy to be used to create a gap on other players who dont adjust.

but you can easily double dip with double points when Ess plays Melb. That'll blow 3300 to the shizen.
Although best 18 is more fairer than having to field 22 it still creates a huge gap between teams with/without players from teams that arent playing. The more logical idea would be to give the players a score based on their price/average/projected with a capped score and to not allow players from these two teams to be traded in. When the double game round was to happen they could just give players a score based on 2 game average.

This is not an good opportunity for use of strategy for many teams as their season is already over. The gap between sc teams would have lessened had there been some sort score given to afl teams not playing due to covid-19.

jbjimmyjb

I'm not a fan of the best 18, I think a mix between projected and averages would work much better.

One thing they could do to make this better is to only allow current owners of Melb/Ess players to get the full benefit of the double round, because technically one of those games should've been this week.

If people can just trade them in before the double round starts and get the same amount of points as people who copped 0s from them this week, then that's just ridiculous.

HoleMeal

Quote from: IntegralX on June 21, 2020, 01:41:59 PM
Double points for all ess and melb players in whatever round it’s played. It could be played during finals, kind of want to pull out of all cash leagues now.

Additionally, Zerrett Oliver Petracca all become musts. Grundy to Gawn looking like the trade to do this week given this news in conjunction with Grundys poor form plus the emergence of Pittonet.
You mean poor scoring.
He ripped BOTH Marshall and Ryder apart yesterday.

IntegralX

Quote from: HoleMeal on June 21, 2020, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: IntegralX on June 21, 2020, 01:41:59 PM
Double points for all ess and melb players in whatever round it’s played. It could be played during finals, kind of want to pull out of all cash leagues now.

Additionally, Zerrett Oliver Petracca all become musts. Grundy to Gawn looking like the trade to do this week given this news in conjunction with Grundys poor form plus the emergence of Pittonet.
You mean poor scoring.
He ripped BOTH Marshall and Ryder apart yesterday.

That's hyperbolic, but point taken. Grundy to Gawn is probably still the correct trade to make on the back of this news though...

no eye deer

What a poorly handled clusterf$&k!

Should have at the very least opened up the E for players already locked out.

LordSneeze

Quote from: Ringo on June 21, 2020, 03:33:26 PM

My understamding it will be a stand alone game so the 3300 will still be in place for that game as well as the other games of the Round where Melbourne and Essendon Players are involved. So obviously Melbourne and Essendon players will be loaded up when they round is played Gawn c will no doubt be one popular choice that round.

No if they used average or projected it wouldnt add up to the 3300 points.

I feel people complaining have the Viney, Gawn, Petracca, Smith and feel like they are losing points compared to others, which might be right, difficult to know until double game weeks happen.

While those without the players are backing the decision as they are impacted this round.  While yes you can bring players in to get the sdvantage, you still have to use the trades where others can focus on using trades to strengthen other positions.

Right now we dont know when the games will be replayed or if there is any more impacted matches. Gotta roll with it and use strategy to best take what happens into account for your team.

tkringle

Quote from: no eye deer on June 21, 2020, 06:09:45 PM

This

Marty101

My 2 cents... why couldn't they adopt a census style round?

The round (in terms of awarding points/winners) could remain incomplete until the Ess_Melb match is complete when ever that is.

Even if that match is completed in 2 months, all teams with players held over this weekend own the rights to those points once the game is completed regardless if the players are traded over upcoming rounds.

Its not a perfect solution as team lineups may differ slightly but still think its fairer than disadvantaging those more bullish on Melb/Ess players. Catchup points later in the season is even more farcical and only compromises more rounds.

(I agree this couldnt be applied now retrospectively as teams have scrambled to feild substandard players but wouldve hoped the organisation would have a more thought out contingency given the likelihood of something like this occuring).

frenzy

Quote from: no eye deer on June 21, 2020, 06:09:45 PM
What a poorly handled clusterf$&k!

the gift that keeps giving, if you have any of the isolated bombers. (like me) clusterf$&k is on the money.

MontyJnr

No-one can honestly say giving Viney owners a 136 would've been a fairer outcome....

IntegralX

I’m fine with best 18, I’m not fine with those players being awarded double points in the future. The average across 2 games yes, double points is just flowered though.

jfitty

Quote from: IntegralX on June 22, 2020, 11:03:52 AM
I’m fine with best 18, I’m not fine with those players being awarded double points in the future. The average across 2 games yes, double points is just flowered though.

Yeah I agree, if they make up the extra game at some stage, maybe it won't count towards Supercoach?

Feel the best 18 was enough to get through this week, they definitely couldn't have a 'double round' though.

If they do, you can be sure my "girlfriend" will be setting up her Melbourne/Essendon team for that week ;D

MontyJnr

Quote from: jfitty on June 22, 2020, 11:16:14 AM

Yeah I agree, if they make up the extra game at some stage, maybe it won't count towards Supercoach?

Feel the best 18 was enough to get through this week, they definitely couldn't have a 'double round' though.

If they do, you can be sure my "girlfriend" will be setting up her Melbourne/Essendon team for that week ;D

They have confirmed there will be a double round when the Melbourne v Essendon game is rescheduled.

Bring on the 680 from Captain Gawn!

shaker

Quote from: MontyJnr on June 22, 2020, 12:29:47 PM
Quote from: jfitty on June 22, 2020, 11:16:14 AM

They have confirmed there will be a double round when the Melbourne v Essendon game is rescheduled.

Bring on the 680 from Captain Gawn!
Got a good score this week only had one Bomber and one Melbourne player and by the time the game is played at a later date Pittonett can be turned into Gawn a win win  :)