2020 Player X v Player y

Started by Ringo, December 31, 2019, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRed

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 29, 2020, 10:49:26 PM
Quote from: Dmoney$ on July 29, 2020, 04:05:58 PM
Lads I’m really needing a bit of advice

I still haven’t cashed in on my
Emergency ruck Naismith and Ive already got Grundy and Gawn.
My question is, is it worth getting someone like Draper who is talked about as possibly getting a game soon who could potentially make me a bit of coin or just maximise the cash I could get now and get Conroy at 102k saving me 20k?
I'd only pick Draper if he was named. If you are desperate for a rookie ruckman you could get Brooksby if he is named.
Brooksby @ $117.3K would be a good choice IMO

Samsturmfels

Quote from: RoughRed on July 30, 2020, 07:07:51 PM

My question is, is it worth getting someone like Draper who is talked about as possibly getting a game soon who could potentially make me a bit of coin or just maximise the cash I could get now and get Conroy at 102k saving me 20k?
I'd only pick Draper if he was named. If you are desperate for a rookie ruckman you could get Brooksby if he is named.
Get Draper now

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Wanderer on July 30, 2020, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: Fid on July 30, 2020, 05:54:31 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 30, 2020, 05:38:47 PM
Noble v Starc. Trading 1 this week and the other next week. Am fielding which ever one i keep.

Noble BE = 64

Starcevich  BE = 49

Really tough call.....
So it's Noble vs Fremantle in Perth or Starcevich vs Essendon in Carrara. No rain for both games. Starcevich is based in Queensland. Noble far away from home. Starcevich lower BE. I would go Starcevich.

Starcevich averages 67 in QLD. Last week he only scored 48 at the venue he is playing this week but it was in the wet.

Noble averaging 54 at Optus.
Thanks mate

RoughRed

Quote from: RoughRed on July 30, 2020, 07:07:51 PM

Looks like Draper now :)

Wanderer

Can only get one of Stewart or Duncan.

Have one spot left in defence, but I prefer Haynes over Stewart, but Stewart very cheap.

Have 3 spots left in mids, so Duncan will be handy.

Who would you get?

tommy10

Quote from: Wanderer on August 04, 2020, 01:48:56 PM
Stewart vs Duncan?

I have 5 keepers already in defence, but don't have Haynes, Maynard, Daniel. If I get Stewart, then I give up on Haynes, who is the one I really want, but Stewart is cheap.

I only have 5 keepers in the mids, so Duncan will come in handy, and will leave me with two mid spots to see who the best available will be in the next few weeks.

Leaning towards Duncan, even though Stewart is so cheap.
I’d go for Duncan mate. As you said you only have 5 keepers in the mids, so that’s a no brainer. Looking at his scores you can’t go past him. Stewart is a good pick too but you should still get him next week for around 500k..

Wanderer

Quote from: tommy10 on August 04, 2020, 02:58:25 PM
Stewart vs Duncan?

I have 5 keepers already in defence, but don't have Haynes, Maynard, Daniel. If I get Stewart, then I give up on Haynes, who is the one I really want, but Stewart is cheap.

I only have 5 keepers in the mids, so Duncan will come in handy, and will leave me with two mid spots to see who the best available will be in the next few weeks.

I’d go for Duncan mate. As you said you only have 5 keepers in the mids, so that’s a no brainer. Looking at his scores you can’t go past him. Stewart is a good pick too but you should still get him next week for around 500k..
Yeah, I agree. Thanks for the advice.

MontyJnr

It's looking like I'll have to keep 1 of Hurn or Doedee for the rest of the season. Both have a bye to come.

Who is likely to score more from here?

backpocket

Mitch Duncan vs Dustin Martin!?

whynot102

Wanderer

Quote from: Wanderer on August 04, 2020, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: tommy10 on August 04, 2020, 02:58:25 PM
Stewart vs Duncan?

Yeah, I agree. Thanks for the advice.
Was a good call. Duncan, although didn't set the world on fire, still managed to score over 100 whilst Stewart had a below par game.

Stewart will remain cheap for those who still want to get him next week.

frenzy

Quote from: MontyJnr on August 04, 2020, 07:04:59 PM
It's looking like I'll have to keep 1 of Hurn or Doedee for the rest of the season. Both have a bye to come.

Doedee, if he can stay on the park.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: frenzy on August 06, 2020, 03:41:42 PM
Quote from: MontyJnr on August 04, 2020, 07:04:59 PM

Doedee, if he can stay on the park.
I have been expecting for Hurns scoring to deteriorate in the last few years but it hadn't happened. Although Hurn is more durable than Doedee, he has only scored now once over 100 since rd 1 compared to doedee's 4.

zac-ster

Samsturmfels