The Rookies Thread 2020

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 29, 2019, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Southstorm on March 07, 2020, 11:03:11 PM
Anyone know anything about Serong? Didn't see him all night and the stats sheet says he played but only 3 touches.

Came on late in the game which is why he barely touched the pill. I'd say he is fringe and probably doesn't get a game round 1. They didn't play Blakely or Matera, it looks like Acres is injured again and Aish didn't play either for some reason but would be a lock for round 1 if fit. Tobe Watson is the interesting one but his scoring has been meh. Looks to have played a lot in both games and didn't look iut of his depth.

Brander also looked pretty good this week. Looks like they'll give him a crack to lock down a spot so that's also pretty handy.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 07, 2020, 11:10:30 PM
Anyone know anything about Serong? Didn't see him all night and the stats sheet says he played but only 3 touches.

Came on late in the game which is why he barely touched the pill. I'd say he is fringe and probably doesn't get a game round 1. They didn't play Blakely or Matera, it looks like Acres is injured again and Aish didn't play either for some reason but would be a lock for round 1 if fit. Tobe Watson is the interesting one but his scoring has been meh. Looks to have played a lot in both games and didn't look iut of his depth.

Brander also looked pretty good this week. Looks like they'll give him a crack to lock down a spot so that's also pretty handy.

Aish and Ryan out with soreness

Blakely just didn't make the 26, so I'd cross him off your list

Jobe Incognito I marked as blue, and he's currently my D8 - doesn't score heaps, but as you said good TOG so hoping he gets up for D8

Apparently Longmuir just said that Hill felt something in his quad. LOL carnage!

crowls

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 07, 2020, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 07, 2020, 11:10:30 PM

Aish and Ryan out with soreness

Blakely just didn't make the 26, so I'd cross him off your list

Jobe Incognito I marked as blue, and he's currently my D8 - doesn't score heaps, but as you said good TOG so hoping he gets up for D8

Apparently Longmuir just said that Hill felt something in his quad. LOL carnage!
Got to laugh, the start of this season will have teams with more holes than swiss cheese.   

Mat0369

If Hill is injured he becomes Noble or Young. That's a pretty easy switch. If you have him forward turn him into Rankine or swing Brander forward and same deal.

IntegralX

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 07, 2020, 11:27:04 PM
If Hill is injured he becomes Noble or Young. That's a pretty easy switch. If you have him forward turn him into Rankine or swing Brander forward and same deal.

Schultz for me I think

Colley Dogs

Currently 15 Rookies for a total 2.2 m @ average 150K.

Madness!!

Sacrificed Whitfield and skimmed cream off my ultra premium mids to turn Hill at F5 into Dev Smith. Our bench Rookies need to be playing Round 1 in order to start our trading cycle on time.

This isn't a normal season.

We need to let go of what we've done in the past.

Mat0369

Quote from: IntegralX on March 07, 2020, 11:55:28 PM
Schultz for me I think

I didn't realise he was only 200k. I'm pretty meh on small forwards though that play as legitimate small forwards. He did look pretty good against Carlton and was decent again tonight. Job security should be solid as well.

IntegralX

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 08, 2020, 12:07:46 AM
Quote from: IntegralX on March 07, 2020, 11:55:28 PM
Schultz for me I think

I didn't realise he was only 200k. I'm pretty meh on small forwards though that play as legitimate small forwards. He did look pretty good against Carlton and was decent again tonight. Job security should be solid as well.

To be fair I already have Noble, and Young is currently with the rehab group...I still hate the fact I've spent a ton on rookies though!

eaglesman

I think we got lucky tonight given Stephen hill is injured again. Probably was always a risk and now he can’t be selected and saves the trade.

Brander locked in his spot in the eagles side.

Vardy was hopeless again which means I will still be picking Bailey Williams.

Pokerface

Quote from: eaglesman on March 08, 2020, 12:48:47 AM
I think we got lucky tonight given Stephen hill is injured again. Probably was always a risk and now he can’t be selected and saves the trade.

Still Bailey, even though he didn't play due to hamstring?

SilverLion

Only awareness, Longmuir says he's "really hopeful he'll play round one."

Though tbf, any sort of quad injury for him is a concern.

RaisyDaisy

West Coast coach Adam Simpson said the Eagles still had questions to answer about their likely round one team, with an intraclub match next Friday to help determine who fills the second ruck spot.

Second-year tall Bailey Williams missed Saturday's clash with hamstring tightness but will have the opportunity to press his claims as Nic Naitanui's support.

Not sure what to make about his comments on Brander...

"I thought he had some really good and some moments that weren’t so good," the coach said.

"That’s a work in progress, he’s played three games of AFL footy.

"We really like some of the things he does so we’ll have to see how we go with selection in 10 days’ time, have a look who’s around and who’s back, review his game.

"But it’s been a step forward, pre-season has been a good one for him."

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 08, 2020, 09:05:09 AM

West Coast coach Adam Simpson said the Eagles still had questions to answer about their likely round one team, with an intraclub match next Friday to help determine who fills the second ruck spot.

Second-year tall Bailey Williams missed Saturday's clash with hamstring tightness but will have the opportunity to press his claims as Nic Naitanui's support.

"I thought he had some really good and some moments that weren’t so good," the coach said.

"We really like some of the things he does so we’ll have to see how we go with selection in 10 days’ time, have a look who’s around and who’s back, review his game.

I’m really confident on bailey Williams. Vardy was horrendous again and we haven’t seen hickey yet.

Brander was poor in the early parts of the game. He was not up with the speed of the game. The longer the game went on the better he got in that aspect and his possession count started to rise.
He desperately needs a consistent run of games to get used to the standard. If he plays round 1 they won’t drop him for a couple to let him adjust to afl speed.

Really confident with both.

shaker

Quote from: eaglesman on March 08, 2020, 10:24:45 AM

I’m really confident on bailey Williams. Vardy was horrendous again and we haven’t seen hickey yet.

Brander was poor in the early parts of the game. He was not up with the speed of the game. The longer the game went on the better he got in that aspect and his possession count started to rise.
He desperately needs a consistent run of games to get used to the standard. If he plays round 1 they won’t drop him for a couple to let him adjust to afl speed.

Really confident with both.
What is Williams injury?

Fid

Quote from: shaker on March 08, 2020, 11:10:07 AM
What is Williams injury?