WXV Official Trade Confirmation 2019

Started by Purple 77, August 29, 2019, 08:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Koop on September 06, 2019, 12:58:00 AM
Church on the board! It's a doozy too!

Christchurch trade: National Draft Pick #1 + National Draft Pick #20 + National Draft Pick #38 + Connor McFadyen

Seoul trade: Brandon Parfitt + Cameron Zurhaar + Brandon Matera + Cameron McCarthy + National Draft Pick #11

Reasoning: While I am aware that N1 is a commodity that carries a lot of weight, and some might have questions about me NOT trading for a certified gun with the pick, my issues stem deeper than a simple #1 for player fix. I have over a million in cap to make up already due to forced retirements and delistings. This deal gives me a great deal of flexibility to turn other assets into options that I like without having those restrictions in place.

Brandon Parfitt's only issue is his injury history. He was a prime junior ballwinner and has midfield scope once the Geelong old boys retire. He's averaged 80+ uninjured twice already as a forward and has only just turned 21. Huge potential for the Saints not just next year but for the next 10.

Zurhaar averaged 65 and kicked 26 goals this year at the same age. While he still is plagued by inconsistency given his relative inexperience, he hit the ton 3 times, which shows a ceiling that has me optimistic for future growth. Both players slot into my best 15 easily. His average was brought down by 5 scores under 40, which I expect to fade over time.

McCarthy + Matera for McFadyen is just a cap swap and can be ignored in other coaches weighting of the trade. Despite his high position (cough meow) I'm not sure I rate him as a top 30 pick currently, and getting those 2 in return gave me an extra 300k or so in cap, as well as 2 options that should play the majority of 2020.

I have an awful team with an average playing age approaching 30, this secures me 3 (including #11) pieces of the future.

JB to confirm.

Confirmed.

Shame to lose Parfitt, has been a constant in my forward line for 2 years rarely letting me down and I have no doubt will blossom like alot of the other young guys iv traded out over the years Whitfield, Lloyd, Daniel, Doedee. But had to lose alot of cap somehow so this was the path I went down.

Toga

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 05, 2019, 12:19:51 AM
Beijing Thunder gives Darcy MacPherson
New Delhi Tigers gives Scott Pendlebury

move suits both clubs, Beijing pushing for a flag and us doing a mini rebuild

we now have 4 good young mids and pick 2 pending approval

we got offered picks for pendles but a player is better for our cap

toga to confirm

Confirmed.

As KB said, makes sense with us pushing for a flag and struggling for bodies in the midfield this year but having a fair bit of talent up forward. Sad to see DMac go so soon after a good debut year at the club but evens us up across the board. Plus Tex will be a star next year ;)

RaisyDaisy

New York trade: NAT 7 + Sam Switkowski
NDT trade: Scott Pendlebury + NAT 37

Pretty straight forward in terms of value

Pendles for 7 and Switkowski for 37

KB to confirm

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 13, 2019, 12:58:27 AM
New York trade: NAT 7 + Sam Switkowski
NDT trade: Scott Pendlebury + NAT 37

Pretty straight forward in terms of value

Pendles for 7 and Switkowski for 37

KB to confirm

confirmed

gives us nat picks 2, 7, 17, 18, 21

PowerBug

Church gives: Sam Lloyd, Atu Bosenavulagi, N38, N74
Church receives: Ricky Henderson, Riley Grundy, Zaine Cordy, N36, N82

Cape Town gives: Reece Conca, Will Schofield, N28, N82
Cape Town receives: Ivan Soldo, Wylie Buzza, N31, N87

Cairo gives: Ricky Henderson, Bailey Rice, Wylie Buzza, N31, N49, N85
Cairo receives: Sam Lloyd, Jacob Townsend, Sean Lemmens, James Frawley, N41, N55, N90

Rio gives: Ivan Soldo, Josh Corbett, Sean Lemmens, James Frawley, Zaine Cordy, N36, N41, N69, N87
Rio receives: Reece Conca, Will Schofield, N28, N38, N49, N74

Toronto gives: Jacobs Townsend, Riley Grundy, N55, N90
Toronto receives: Bailey Rice, Josh Corbett, Atu Bosenavulagi, N69, N85

From my part of the trade: Cape Town came to me for Ivan Soldo to complete their ruck stocks. Getting Conca + pick upgrades is what I was after in return, and managed to move from the 3rd to the 2nd round. Then shipping off Lemmens, Corbett, Cordy are all guys that the receiving team saw some value in (And I didn't, total of 0 senior games in 2019 for Rio), and again I was only after pick upgrades as I needed to cut my list down before drafting, so those moves are small wins in my favour there.

Nige, GoLions, FTC, Koop to confirm.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on September 13, 2019, 02:35:20 PM

Cairo receives: Sam Lloyd, Jacob Townsend, Sean Lemmens, James Frawley, N41, N55, N90

Rio gives: Ivan Soldo, Josh Corbett, Sean Lemmens, James Frawley, Zaine Cordy, N36, N41, N69, N87

For the sake of a reason let's just say this started with Nige wanting Lloyd, GoLions wanting Soldo and me wanting to drop players from my list and then we went from there.

Confirmed. Soldo provides extra backup in the ruck for Nank and The Schlong. Buzza will do a Gryan and become a star in the Cats fwd line in the AFL next year.

Koop

For the sake of a reason let's just say this started with Nige wanting Lloyd, GoLions wanting Soldo and me wanting to drop players from my list and then we went from there.

Confirmed

Nige

Our desire for forwards is no secret. Been chasing Sam Lloyd for I don't even know how long. Chip pairs nicely with Stratton as a playing back up def in crisis, and Townsend and Lemmens are mainly because we're desperate for forwards and man needs safety in numbers. Confirmed.

Koop

Christchurch trade: Zac Bailey + N36

Pacific trade: Callum Ah Chee + Joel Garner

UTM to confirm

Reasoning: Big fan of Garner and I expect him to have a best 22 spot locked down by the end of 2020. Bailey is an alright player but is a known entity, whereas Arch has a bit more uncertainty, and I was happy to roll the dice.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Koop on September 13, 2019, 05:05:26 PM
Christchurch trade: Zac Bailey + N36

Pacific trade: Callum Ah Chee + Joel Garner

UTM to confirm
Confirmed.    No real reason, just felt like it.

fanTCfool

Toronto gives: Jacob Townsend, Riley Grundy, N55, N90

From my part of the trade: Cape Town came to me for Ivan Soldo to complete their ruck stocks. Getting Conca + pick upgrades is what I was after in return, and managed to move from the 3rd to the 2nd round. Then shipping off Lemmens, Corbett, Cordy are all guys that the receiving team saw some value in (And I didn't, total of 0 senior games in 2019 for Rio), and again I was only after pick upgrades as I needed to cut my list down before drafting, so those moves are small wins in my favour there.

Confirmed. Corbett is far from a superstar but he is a good fit for Toronto given I have Peter Wright. Neither Townsend nor Rice have a contract, but I'll punt on the defender. Picks to balance and facilitate the other aspects of this trade.

upthemaidens

Mexico trade:  Tim O'Brien

Pacific trade:  N#29 + N#36

JRoo to confirm.

Reasoning: Hoping O'Brien can improve his scoring, otherwise he should be reasonable depth.

Jroo

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 17, 2019, 01:44:39 AM
Mexico trade:  Tim O'Brien

Pacific trade:  N#29 + N#36

JRoo to confirm.

Reasoning: Hoping O'Brien can improve his scoring, otherwise he should be reasonable depth.
Confirmed, TOB has been handy depth but just looking at get more picks in

Holz

Pacific Trade #65+#83
Dublin Trade #61

Reason: pacific not using the last round pick, Dublin probably will.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Holz on September 17, 2019, 12:24:08 PM
Pacific Trade #65+#83
Dublin Trade #61

Reason: pacific not using the last round pick, Dublin probably will.
Confirmed.    Squad numbers are looking fine and can afford to sneak up the ladder a few spots.