2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on October 17, 2018, 09:28:23 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 17, 2018, 09:19:22 PM
In exchange for Beams and Pick No. 41 and 44, the Lions receive Pick No. 18, 56 and a future first-round pick from the Magpies.
Disgusting. Paid way overs for him and lose him for nothing.
Yeah think you could have played hard ball and kept him and I don't think he would reacted badly if you did but you did get Neale and as for the Cats well the Eagles did all they could for a player in the system for 1 year with a offer of more than his worth IMO ....... sit back and watch this blow up in the Cats face.

Grazz

In exchange for Beams and Pick No. 41 and 44, the Lions receive Pick No. 18, 56 and a future first-round pick from the Magpies.

I'd be a little dirty also, all this on top of a big front end loaded contract then walks back to the Pies after all the Lions did to get him close to his Dad. Can't blame Lions fans for being powered off with this.

Big Mac

_wato

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on October 17, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

I'd be a little dirty also, all this on top of a big front end loaded contract then walks back to the Pies after all the Lions did to get him close to his Dad. Can't blame Lions fans for being powered off with this.
I am more peeved of at the club for the caving in to get Beams 2 years ago where we paid overs. Can not really argue with 2 first rounders for him though as I think it is fair given he is 29 and as we know injuries take longer to heal as you get older and Beams has never played a full season since being drafted.  Lions pages are probably running 60/40 in favour of him going although a lot upset with the way it was handled after the repeated denials.
Personally would have liked Beams to play next year and then facilitate the trade. Give another year developing Rayner, Berry, and Clugg with Neale as well but that is football.
With the picks we end with with luck we will draft both our Acadamy players McFayden and Coleman (I really rate Coleman from what I have seen) and a player possibly Jarrod Berrys Brother but as we know draft night throws up some surprises. 

RaisyDaisy

Two first rounders is more than enough for Beams. He'll be 29 when the season starts

nrich102

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 17, 2018, 10:42:01 PM
Two first rounders is more than enough for Beams. He'll be 29 when the season starts
Maybe if one of the picks was in the 8-12 kind of range. Can’t see Collingwoods first pick next year being any better than 14

RaisyDaisy

JACK Lonie has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at St Kilda until at least the end of 2020

Ringo

Carlton: Sam Rowe, Jed Lamb, Sam Kerridge & Nick Graham have been delisted

enzedder

I feel for Brisbane as well. After Beams' B&F speech I feel he has spat in their face.
No loyalty to see his contract out after the club looked after him. Two first rounders maybe but 18 and another first round that prove similar isn't exactly a great couple of picks.
He's gone down in my estimation somewhat. Played the family card once too many times.

Ringo

Quote from: enzedder on October 18, 2018, 03:44:43 PM
I feel for Brisbane as well. After Beams' B&F speech I feel he has spat in their face.
No loyalty to see his contract out after the club looked after him. Two first rounders maybe but 18 and another first round that prove similar isn't exactly a great couple of picks.
He's gone down in my estimation somewhat. Played the family card once too many times.
Am in two minds here and have been listening and reading to various comments by Beams and the Club. As much as I think Dayne has done the dirty, I believe the club has done the best can in sending him back ( after death of his father a lot of pressure was put on by his wife to return to her family) and he had mental issues to deal with. So the club put the emotion aside as Noble and Fagan said and facilitated the best deal they could for beams who really does not want to be here next year.
Whilst 2 first round picks in the teens is not ideal we do have a lot of talent that is maturing and coming through.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on October 18, 2018, 04:35:45 PM
Am in two minds here and have been listening and reading to various comments by Beams and the Club. As much as I think Dayne has done the dirty, I believe the club has done the best can in sending him back ( after death of his father a lot of pressure was put on by his wife to return to her family) and he had mental issues to deal with. So the club put the emotion aside as Noble and Fagan said and facilitated the best deal they could for beams who really does not want to be here next year.
Whilst 2 first round picks in the teens is not ideal we do have a lot of talent that is maturing and coming through.
Unlike the Cats  :D

enzedder

Quote from: shaker on October 18, 2018, 04:44:26 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 18, 2018, 04:35:45 PM
Unlike the Cats  :D
Getting Neale is an upgrade in terms of possessions, age and wanting to be there. Lost little in leadership either...so that would soften the blow. Brisbane get my respect for handling things as they did.

Cookie311993

I feel like the suns will be looking at Sa draft picks for 2,3 and 6 to try and keep them together

Menzel Washington

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 20, 2018, 03:35:31 PM
I feel like the suns will be looking at Sa draft picks for 2,3 and 6 to try and keep them together
You feel like or just repeating what every media outlet has said?
What makes picking 2 (or 3) guys from SA more likely for them to stay compared to 2 (or 3) from Victoria?