2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Port Adelaide will listen to trade offers for dual All-Australian Chad Wingard rather than put the “untouchable” tag on its enigmatic midfielder-forward next month.

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 13, 2018, 06:17:14 PM
Port Adelaide will listen to trade offers for dual All-Australian Chad Wingard rather than put the “untouchable” tag on its enigmatic midfielder-forward next month.
That's big. They'd be expecting a fair bit for him tho

Koop

Ringo

Big rumour out of Suns Steven May expected to ask for a trade with Pies or Hawks favoured.

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 13, 2018, 03:39:33 PM
Newman is one I'd want at the Blues. Thing is I can't see us making 11 list changes again

Can be as good as Lloyd if not better if allowed to play his free-wheeling role off half back. Very good player.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2018, 12:17:40 PM
Eric Mackenzie has retired

3 games short of life membership, shafted of All-Australian in 2014. Great servant for the club and I hope he sticks around in some sort of off-field role.

LF

Money Shot

Aaron Hall and Polec are both very likely to sign with North. If Gaff doesn't work out a deal with the Eagles he will be at North as well.

Shiel has been offered 1mil a year to play with Carlton as they try and lure him and Setterfield.

Brodie and Scrimshaw are being heavily targeted by Carlton as they try and stack up with players in there early 20s. Scrimshaw and Brodie will both be relatively inexpensive and won't be too hard to get in either. Would be happy with both these players.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Money Shot on September 17, 2018, 01:22:09 PM
Aaron Hall and Polec are both very likely to sign with North. If Gaff doesn't work out a deal with the Eagles he will be at North as well.

Shiel has been offered 1mil a year to play with Carlton as they try and lure him and Setterfield.

Brodie and Scrimshaw are being heavily targeted by Carlton as they try and stack up with players in there early 20s. Scrimshaw and Brodie will both be relatively inexpensive and won't be too hard to get in either. Would be happy with both these players.
If May goes no chance you get Scrimshaw.

Would be interesting to see if Dew let’s Brodie go. Out of favour because he was a one way runner but was great late in the year. Was a top 5 pick 2 years ago so he’d still be worth early 2nd

Blues more likely to get Setterfield and Shiel imo. Except I’m not sure who’s in front of the race for Shiel

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2018, 01:56:04 PM
Newman is one I'd want at the Blues. Thing is I can't see us making 11 list changes again

Can be as good as Lloyd if not better if allowed to play his free-wheeling role off half back. Very good player.

He has potential, but nowehere near as good as lloyd. still panics when he gets the ball a lot and is very one sided. wont be happy to lose him, but with Mills coming back and a couple of the other young guys like Ling and stoddart to take more minutes he can see the writing on the wall

enzedder

@tommorris32
St Kilda leads the race, but Collingwood is pondering a big play for Dan Hannebery, reports...

I find myself barracking for the Pies on this one.
There’s a spew taste in my mouth but I can handle it.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: enzedder on September 18, 2018, 05:50:26 AM
@tommorris32
St Kilda leads the race, but Collingwood is pondering a big play for Dan Hannebery, reports...

All reports suggest Saints have offered 800k for 4 years, with an option/trigger for a 5th year

:-X

SydneyRox

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2018, 08:11:21 AM
@tommorris32

All reports suggest Saints have offered 800k for 4 years, with an option/trigger for a 5th year

not overly happy about losing hanners, but glad there might be  fight over him to drive the price up for us.

the saints 1st round pick for hanners plus our first pick would be a great result if we can get it.

crowls

@tommorris32

love to see collingwood pay overs for a hanebery that looks past it.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 17, 2018, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2018, 01:56:04 PM

He has potential, but nowehere near as good as lloyd. still panics when he gets the ball a lot and is very one sided. wont be happy to lose him, but with Mills coming back and a couple of the other young guys like Ling and stoddart to take more minutes he can see the writing on the wall

Needs to be given a legit chance. His last JLT game was a glimpse of what he can do in that creative role off half back

enzedder

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 18, 2018, 11:54:18 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2018, 08:11:21 AM
@tommorris32

not overly happy about losing hanners, but glad there might be  fight over him to drive the price up for us.

the saints 1st round pick for hanners plus our first pick would be a great result if we can get it.
Would be a great result. Saints may as well forfeit the next 5 years if they go for that and say goodbye to 5000 members too.
Bad enough they want him in the first place.
Newman is the one the Swans should be dirty on losing.
Wouldn’t mind him at the Saints except we already have 20 half back flankers.