EurAsia v AAP Alliance: The Seventh Wonder of the Worlds

Started by Purple 77, June 12, 2018, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Although Kim Jong-un & Donald Trump might be kissing and making up, these two powerhouses never will. I present to you, our 7th installment of EurAsia v the AAP Alliance!

Representative Round, AFL Round 13 scores from Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney + AFL Round 14

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
EurAsia  AAP Alliance Melbourne Cricket Ground       3  v  3

This game is certainly not Holz v JROO anymore! In case you need reminding, the EurAsia v AAP Alliance match takes place during the latter two AFL bye rounds and provides us some sort of entertainment in what is otherwise our WXV bye week. The coaches of these two sides are decided by who is on top of the WXV Ladder so far in the year, which this time around, is Berlin (EurAsia) and Toronto (AAP Alliance)! As seen below:

EurAsiaAAP Alliance
2Berlin Brewers1Toronto Wolves
3Beijing Thunder4Christchurch Saints
5Seoul Magpies7Pacific Islanders
6New Delhi Tigers9New York Revolution
8Dublin Destroyers11Buenos Aires Armadillos
10Tokyo Samurai12Rio de Janeiro Jaguars
13Moscow Spetsnaz14Cairo Sands
15London Royals16Cape Town Cobras
18PNL Reindeers17Mexico City Suns

Neither Adamant or my fine self have ever coached these two sides before, but personally, I'm freaking stoked! For too long have I hosted these games, now I get to make the big calls. It's a privilege, and one I hold dear, as I'm sure Ada does too.

Hosted at the magnificent MCG, we've had some unforgettable clashes where you only need to look back at last year where the Ricophants-led EurAsia defeated the RaisyKirk-led AAP Alliance. That day, Sam Docherty teamed up with Captain Dangerfield to take down AAP, where Tom Rockliff put in a 'rare' shocker to let the team down:

2017 (Ricochet/elephants): AAP Alliance (25.8.158) lost to EurAsia (26.7.163)
2016 (Holz): EurAsia (27.11.173) def AAP Alliance (23.11.149)
2015 (JROO8): AAP Alliance (26.12.168*) def EurAsia (26.11.167)
2014 (Nails): EurAsia (24.11.155) lost to AAP Alliance (25.18.168)
2013 (Ringo): AAP Alliance (25.22.172) lost to EurAsia (27.21.183)
2012 (CrowsFan): AAP Alliance (28.8.176) def EurAsia (27.11.173)

So, how will 2018 unfold?

Well, I can tell you that Ada's very own Jack Macrae (Toronto) is the #1 SCer so far this season and subsequently leads all midfielders in the comp. The Macrae led midfield might just have it over EurAsia's, with Tom Mitchell (Pacific) the #2 mid in the game so far this year. However, EurAsia boast not only the best 2 rucks in the game (Gawn, Berlin, #2 overall & Grundy, Beijing, #3 overall), but also the next 4 top averaging rucks after that! AAP's best ruck is Christchurch's golden oldie, Aaron Sandilands himself. Will he get up in time for this clash? Or will the Alliance opt for Jarrod Witts (Pacific)?

So, although EurAsia clearly have the advantage in the ruck, the Alliance may have the advantage in defence boasting 4 of the top 5 best defenders, led by Rory Laird (Pacific). All the pressure will be placed on the one and only, PLUGGER MCDONALD (Dublin) to recount his days as 'TMac' and be the general EurAsia sorely needs. But, if he doesn't work out, he can revert back to PLUGGER and resume his place as also the #1 ranked forward in the game!

After the Plug, we have Isaac Heeney (New York) leading the way for the Alliance, in an otherwise seemingly even match-up in attack.

Who will win?

Well, I'd be letting out my secrets if I told you how EurAsia is going to win. UP THE MIGHTY EURASIANS!

ROLLING LOCKOUT

This means you can change your team in-between games. Exactly like SC. But, no loop-holing, and you can only replace a player if you know they are not going to play (after first believing that they would). can we please change this next year

Also, NAME FOUR EMERGENCIES

To steal from last week's post:

WXV Round 12
WXV Representative Round

AFL Round 13

Thursday Night
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs

Friday Night
Sydney v West Coast

Saturday
Carlton v Fremantle
Gold Coast v St Kilda
Hawthorn v Adelaide

Sunday
Geelong v Richmond

AFL Round 14

Thursday Night
West Coast v Essendon

Friday Night
Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Saturday
Hawthorn v Gold Coast
Brisbane v GWS
Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne

Sunday
Collingwood v Carlton

Purple 77

Calling all EurAsians! Plead your player's case, and I will give them proper consideration.

Coz at this stage, I need convincing not to name Joel Smith.

Torpedo10

Surely Crisp, Treloar or Kreuz get a run somewhere in the side.  ;) Oh and Conigs.

Adamant

Boy am I glad I don't have any pie to choose from. Not that anyone would be considered anyway.

Ringo

The only London Players worthy of nomination are Callum Sinclair and Luke Shuey. Adam Saad though pushing for an emergency or D4 with a 96 Average from the last 5 rounds,

GoLions

iZander

Quote from: Adamant on June 12, 2018, 09:24:40 PM
Boy am I glad I don't have any pie to choose from. Not that anyone would be considered anyway.
Lucky man can experience what it would of been like to keep Webster ;)

Toga

Big Bad Brodes 8) I'd say chuck him in the ruck but I feel like that might be reserved for a certain bearded Berliner so a spot on the IC will do ;)

Others that could be worth a look in are Caddy (95 avg), Neale (103 avg), Ward (102 and 128.3 in his last 3), Zorko (119.6 avg since Rd 7).

Get some 'Jing in that thing.

RaisyDaisy

Some of these early nominations...  ::) :P

Just Heeney for us, should be able to get a spot in the forward line :)

Hurn maybe a sneaky chance down back too I guess

Toga

Quote from: iZander on June 12, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

Can I try that?

iZander

Quote from: Toga on June 12, 2018, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: iZander on June 12, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

Can I try that?
hahaha, maybe next year for you Toga :D

Holz

You wouldnt consider the number 1 fwd in the comp.

Bad coaching

Jroo

Sicily picks himself, only decision Ada has to make is if you want him fwd or back

fanTCfool

James Sicily, what a man, clearly the best defender/forward in the game.

iZander