West Coast 2018 Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, March 15, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

I might be getting a box for the Tiges game RD but there's two issues - you'd have to fight my misso for my member seat and also there'd only be one haha

Good luck finding something though

Shocked at how good we've looked this year. Pressure has been amazing all season, probably only the third quarter against Geelong and first 5 or so mins of the 4th is the only time its really dropped off. We're a different team with JJK and Nic Nat up and running.

Really hope Ah Chee gets through the WAFL this week so we can drop Redden asap haha

RaisyDaisy

Thanks guys

I'm not actually a member (Don't see the point as we barely play in Melb) so I don't have the ability to get those resale tickets as far as I can tell

If anyone here does happen to be able to get 2 tickets and doesn't plan on going then I'd be very appreciative if you could help, otherwise I might just have to pay overs on eBay or something

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 17, 2018, 11:15:00 AM
Thanks guys

I'm not actually a member (Don't see the point as we barely play in Melb) so I don't have the ability to get those resale tickets as far as I can tell

If anyone here does happen to be able to get 2 tickets and doesn't plan on going then I'd be very appreciative if you could help, otherwise I might just have to pay overs on eBay or something

If I get the email I'll try and grab you a couple, however I spat the dummy and quit my "In the Wings" membership when I didn't get offered full membership so not sure if they cut me off, lol.

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 17, 2018, 11:35:15 AM
Thanks guys

If I get the email I'll try and grab you a couple, however I spat the dummy and quit my "In the Wings" membership when I didn't get offered full membership so not sure if they cut me off, lol.

Interesting, I can buy resale tickets for every game bar the Tigers one?!?  ???

LF

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 17, 2018, 11:35:15 AM
Thanks guys

My son is a member so I’ll ask him if/when he gets the email as well

RaisyDaisy

That'd be great guys - much appreciated :)

kilbluff1985

don't they have cheap memberships if u don't plan to go to games but still want to support the team

shaker

Just a quick question for you guys over west , this new stadium and all the talk of the surface being to hard has it got a car park or something underneath with a concrete base for the playing surface ?

elephants

Quote from: shaker on April 24, 2018, 01:12:05 PM
Just a quick question for you guys over west , this new stadium and all the talk of the surface being to hard has it got a car park or something underneath with a concrete base for the playing surface ?

Not sure on what is underneath, but from all reports stadium management are claiming its well within AFL regulations and even toward the softer side on some categories.

Pretty interesting, just read both WCE and Freo won't be training on it (nor will visiting teams) for the next 3 weeks so stadium management can soften up the ground a bit.

Tbh, storm in a tea cup sort of stuff for me. Can't take too much from 4 weeks data

jvalles69

No idea, I would assume so, it used to be a golf course.

shaker

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2018, 01:16:29 PM

Not sure on what is underneath, but from all reports stadium management are claiming its well within AFL regulations and even toward the softer side on some categories.

Pretty interesting, just read both WCE and Freo won't be training on it (nor will visiting teams) for the next 3 weeks so stadium management can soften up the ground a bit.

Tbh, storm in a tea cup sort of stuff for me. Can't take too much from 4 weeks data
Ok it would explain the complaints because Etihad suffered the same problem and just reading that Longmire reckons Buddy's foot injury started after playing over there in R1 and has not been able to train fully since.

jvalles69

Quote from: shaker on April 24, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

Ok it would explain the complaints because Etihad suffered the same problem and just reading that Longmire reckons Buddy's foot injury started after playing over there in R1 and has not been able to train fully since.

Didn't both Ryan and Venables injuries come from getting trapped under an opponents leg though?  Not way to avoid that and can't blame the ground.

elephants

Yeah well Longmire also traded Tom Mitchell, so what does he know :P

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 24, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

Didn't both Ryan and Venables injuries come from getting trapped under an opponents leg though?  Not way to avoid that and can't blame the ground.

Agreed

shaker

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 24, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

Yes plus didn't Buddy kick a bag the other week his foot seemed ok then  :P

RaisyDaisy

Buddy hurt his foot at Optus because he kicked 8!