Started by LF, March 15, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: shaker on April 24, 2018, 02:01:41 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on April 24, 2018, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 24, 2018, 01:47:01 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2018, 01:16:29 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 24, 2018, 01:12:05 PM
Just a quick question for you guys over west , this new stadium and all the talk of the surface being to hard has it got a car park or something underneath with a concrete base for the playing surface ?

Not sure on what is underneath, but from all reports stadium management are claiming its well within AFL regulations and even toward the softer side on some categories.

Pretty interesting, just read both WCE and Freo won't be training on it (nor will visiting teams) for the next 3 weeks so stadium management can soften up the ground a bit.

Tbh, storm in a tea cup sort of stuff for me. Can't take too much from 4 weeks data
Ok it would explain the complaints because Etihad suffered the same problem and just reading that Longmire reckons Buddy's foot injury started after playing over there in R1 and has not been able to train fully since.

Didn't both Ryan and Venables injuries come from getting trapped under an opponents leg though?  Not way to avoid that and can't blame the ground.
Yes plus didn't Buddy kick a bag the other week his foot seemed ok then  :P
He's still tied for the most total goals kicked at the stadium so far ;D

RaisyDaisy

So I'm still keeping an eye out for tickets to the WCE vs RICH game

Prices at this stadium are insane!

For a half decent reserved seat you're looking at $77-$99 per adult

How the flower does it cost that much just for a game of footy? I can get prime time seats at the G for half the price!

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 30, 2018, 03:05:05 PM
So I'm still keeping an eye out for tickets to the WCE vs RICH game

Prices at this stadium are insane!

For a half decent reserved seat you're looking at $77-$99 per adult

How the flower does it cost that much just for a game of footy? I can get prime time seats at the G for half the price!

Welcome to WA buddy, everything is expensive haha

RaisyDaisy

If the seats are centre wing then I can somewhat understand, but the seats aren't even that great

Is that just normal for you over there? Nearly $100 just to watch a regular season AFL game? LOL that's just flowered

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 30, 2018, 04:13:16 PM
If the seats are centre wing then I can somewhat understand, but the seats aren't even that great

Is that just normal for you over there? Nearly $100 just to watch a regular season AFL game? LOL that's just flowered

To be honest I haven't paid for tickets to a game in Perth for years so I couldn't tell you

I had a look at the tickets after your first post and I agree $77 for those locations is ridiculous

j959

hey WCE supporter peeps ... Tom Cole ...

why'd it take so long for him to come into the side?? his JS is shaky yeh??

i'm tempted as he looks like a decent downgrade with some cash projections $80k-$120k over the next 3rds, just wondering if he'll get to that stage or dropped before he 'fattens'??  thoughts??

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 30, 2018, 04:13:16 PM

Definitely more expensive given the demand over here. Bit different in Melbs when you're only rarely filling a stadium

My membership works out to like $50 a game

Quote from: j959 on April 30, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
hey WCE supporter peeps ... Tom Cole ...

why'd it take so long for him to come into the side?? his JS is shaky yeh??

i'm tempted as he looks like a decent downgrade with some cash projections $80k-$120k over the next 3rds, just wondering if he'll get to that stage or dropped before he 'fattens'??  thoughts??

Hey mate, his old boy passed away just before round 1 so he was on personal leave for a couple of weeks. Very much best 22 now, underpinned by the 10 tackles he had on the weekend. I really can't see any reason why he'd be dropped

RaisyDaisy

Yeah fair point ele, simple supply vs demand I guess

And I agree, Cole was somewhat being groomed for that HB role and I think he is ahead of the likes of Nielsen etc so I don't expect to see him dropped anytime soon

Might not make heaps in SC, but should make 100k at least eventually and provide decent cover - good bye too

quinny88

Supply and demand shouldn't matter, they are just bs prices.
The members/corporates will fill their sections and the public should just be first in best dressed as it is at every ground.

I understand its brand new and more likely to sell out than other grounds but that shouldn't increase it by that much. Imagine what you'll have to pay for finals tickets  :o I spent $700 combined on the qualifying, prelim and GF last year (all sell outs). You'll be lucky to get 1 Final at Optus for that by the sounds of it

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on May 01, 2018, 12:07:14 AM
The members/corporates will fill their sections and the public should just be first in best dressed as it is at every ground.

I understand its brand new and more likely to sell out than other grounds but that shouldn't increase it by that much. Imagine what you'll have to pay for finals tickets  :o I spent $700 combined on the qualifying, prelim and GF last year (all sell outs). You'll be lucky to get 1 Final at Optus for that by the sounds of it

Subi was the same. Like the other boys said, everything is just pricey as flower in Perth haha

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2018, 01:06:52 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on May 01, 2018, 12:07:14 AM

Subi was the same. Like the other boys said, everything is just pricey as flower in Perth haha

Yeah that's insane!

RaisyDaisy

Alright, just got my tickets for the game :)

$66, and Front Row Seats Row 1 inside 50 so might even get a bit of TV time haha :P

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 02, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

$66, and Front Row Seats Row 1 inside 50 so might even get a bit of TV time haha :P

Front row looks like it would be a pretty decent view at that ground as it's pretty elevated off the ground.
I remember at subi it looked like it was about a foot off the ground haha

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: quinny88 on May 02, 2018, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 02, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

Front row looks like it would be a pretty decent view at that ground as it's pretty elevated off the ground.
I remember at subi it looked like it was about a foot off the ground haha

Haha so true, Subi looked like they were sitting on the ground haha

Yeah it's elevated with a metal fence in front, but being the very first row it should have a little extra leg room and looking at the 360 map the view looks really good, so I'm chuffed to get them at that price and finally head over to see my boys at home!

RaisyDaisy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-03/extra-year-the-roadblock-in-gov-stalemate

I understand players get one shot at a career, and he's entitled to ask for what he wants but come on Gov - 6 years is pretty ridiculous

Just sign the 5 and stay!