Main Menu

Rory Sloane... Staying or Going?

Started by Trindacut, November 04, 2017, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on November 04, 2017, 06:30:39 PM
Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 05:53:37 PM
I find it so strange as to why Richmond supporters have suddenly taken such a big interest in everything that happens at the club  ::)

Mate, I'm a lover of AFL. You've called me stupid, you've pointed out my age like it means something and you've had a stick up your ass whenever I've said something.

You even went out of your way to comment of my ladder prediction with a hysterical laugh, because I put Adelaide out of the 8. Prior to that, two Adelaide supporters put Richmond out of the eight and only one of 12 put them in the top 4. I didn't say a word.

So stop your whinging, have a laugh and when it comes to genuine commentary on current topics in the AFL I reckon you should try to chill out and appreciate that other people will have different views. I'm not trying to start anything, Adelaide was the 'dominant' projected winner this year, even though that won as many games as the Tiges and Geelong, and equal points to GWS. They will get as much scrutiny, probably less, as Richmond. They deserve it. As does Richmond. And when you look hard there are questions. I'm asking them.

I've asked them of the Tiges in years past mate, as I have on many other clubs. The Adelaide forum isn't the only place I've posted, but it's the only place I've posted where it's members scream me down because I go for another club.

Suck. It. Up.

Have. A. Laugh.

Stop. Being. A. Flog.
A stick up my ass or I just don't agree with anything you say and I'm defending my club from rubbish reports? There's a difference.

Do you want a medal for not responding to people not having Richmond in the 8, does that make you special? You tell me to have a laugh, but point out I posted a laughing gif in the paragraph before which would mean I am laughing? ???

What do you mean less scrutiny than Richmond? Of course there should be scrutiny on the club, but not for the bullshower reports about Lever and Sloane, talk about what happened on Grand Final cause if you think I'm not asking questions about what we dished up that day then you are wrong, cause I was flowering furious.

Well no, that's because some of your posts are clear bait.

Trindacut

Okay mate. Relax. No need to get emotional.

Be a little less....

Salty.....

But in all seriousness, the Crows had a great year and it fell apart of GF day. Start looking at what fell apart there and work your way back.

The effort accross the whole team wasn't there. Less effort, means less drive. Tex is their Captain and he represented then poorly. It's worth looking at him, and it's worth now looking at a club that has lost a swag of players and may just yet lose one more, Sloane.

Cotchin was rightly criticised for three poor finals which we lost. The tiges board has a challenge and Dimma was in the hot seat to get sacked. Rest assured I'm just as familiar with crutiny and with being opposed to most of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.

Just chill out a bit and stop trying to pick a fight mate.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on November 04, 2017, 07:08:11 PM
Okay mate. Relax. No need to get emotional.

Be a little less....

Salty.....

Trindacut

Updated my post.

QuoteBut in all seriousness, the Crows had a great year and it fell apart of GF day. Start looking at what fell apart there and work your way back.

The effort accross the whole team wasn't there. Less effort, means less drive. Tex is their Captain and he represented then poorly. It's worth looking at him, and it's worth now looking at a club that has lost a swag of players and may just yet lose one more, Sloane.

Cotchin was rightly criticised for three poor finals which we lost. The tiges board has a challenge and Dimma was in the hot seat to get sacked. Rest assured I'm just as familiar with crutiny and with being opposed to most of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.

Just chill out a bit and stop trying to pick a fight mate.

shaker

I think you two fellows have drifted off the subject topic with a biggest dick contest , back to the Sloane and his contract and what people think is going to unfold my questions to the Crows flock is can they get this sorted before it gets to a Lever - Walker situation ? will the club hobble Tex and what he says about Sloane's contract because really if want to see how to handle a quality player thinking of leaving by a Captain look no further than Cotchin's praise of Dusty no matter what his decision ?

JBs-Hawks

Hopefully Norf offer him 2 Mil a year and half the state will explode  ;D

Purple 77

Rory seems a club-man from my distant perspective, I reckon he stays.

I just wish the media would agree not to start any circuses until the year they actually come out of contract, at minimum.

shaker

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 04, 2017, 08:52:23 PM

I just wish the media would agree not to start any circuses until the year they actually come out of contract, at minimum.
Ha ha we both know that will not happen purple so it's up to the club how they handle it and going on this years handling of Lever there flowered :D

Jay

Quote from: shaker on November 04, 2017, 09:01:38 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 04, 2017, 08:52:23 PM

Ha ha we both know that will not happen purple so it's up to the club how they handle it and going on this years handling of Lever there flowered :D
flower off, please. :)

Aboottarren

I wonder why no good players wish to stay with the crows? is there something we don't know about??

Grazz

Just rolling with "he's gone". No more disappointments that way, he's flowering leaving end of story.
Love the club but this arrogance around their pay structure and refusing to budge is getting old.

TomK

Quote from: Grazz on January 25, 2018, 07:42:49 PM
Just rolling with "he's gone". No more disappointments that way, he's flowering leaving end of story.
Love the club but this arrogance around their pay structure and refusing to budge is getting old.
It's not about money though?

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on January 25, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

These blokes commit virtually every element of their lives to this game for as many years as they can. Then, in their 30's, they become unemployed. A very select handful of past players go on to actually earn more than they used to as players. The rest have to use the money they earned as wisely as possible.

So when you know you've got less than a decade of footy in you, you're going to make as much money as you can doing it. As Grazz said, it's an old and arrogant perspective that it "isn't about the money". You might suck some players in on that, but players like Sloane are going to tell them to stick it and go where the money's at, possibly even at a more successful club.

Grazz

Sorry mate, it will be about money.
The money it will take to keep him against the money rumoured to be on offer in Victoria and family and friends (Huge).
Either the club abandons its stance on its current pay structure and writes a big check around 1 million + maybe
for atleast 5 years to have a hope or forget it. In this day and age of footy it's hard to be critical of anyone
taking the cash. It's my feelings that the club should cough up.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on January 25, 2018, 08:49:38 PM

These blokes commit virtually every element of their lives to this game for as many years as they can. Then, in their 30's, they become unemployed. A very select handful of past players go on to actually earn more than they used to as players. The rest have to use the money they earned as wisely as possible.

So when you know you've got less than a decade of footy in you, you're going to make as much money as you can doing it. As Grazz said, it's an old and arrogant perspective that it "isn't about the money". You might suck some players in on that, but players like Sloane are going to tell them to stick it and go where the money's at, possibly even at a more successful club.
It's not like Sloane will be playing for peanuts mate, and nice little cheap shot with the 'more successful club' line. Why am I not surprised you pop up as soon as this topic comes up again? go away.

Quote from: Grazz on January 25, 2018, 09:16:43 PM

Sorry mate, it will be about money.
The money it will take to keep him against the money rumoured to be on offer in Victoria and family and friends (Huge).
Either the club abandons its stance on its current pay structure and writes a big check around 1 million + maybe
for atleast 5 years to have a hope or forget it. In this day and age of footy it's hard to be critical of anyone
taking the cash. It's my feelings that the club should cough up.
I'm not saying I disagree with you but the reason I say it is because clubs trying to lure players away, a lot of the time, offer a lot more money than their current club have in their current contract or the contract offered, they usually have to pay more to get them to move. So of course, the money he will get in Victoria will be more than he will get here, but if we were a team located in Victoria, Sloane would not leave, regardless of the difference in $$$. If he leaves, it will be mainly to go home, the extra money will be a bonus.