Main Menu

Rory Sloane... Staying or Going?

Started by Trindacut, November 04, 2017, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

I predicted just a couple of weeks ago that this would be a fiasco next year when he put talks off. Seems he didn't waste any time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-02/sloane-wont-be-rushed-into-new-crows-deal

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-bartlett-says-rory-sloane-is-leaving-the-adelaide-crows/news-story/fec507fbf991d0c5bc40d66deacdb461

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/graham-cornes/adelaide-afl-superstar-rory-sloane-should-say-now-whether-this-will-be-his-last-season-with-the-crows/news-story/0e198756ab075636b4c5005ced0a90f3

My gut feel is he will stay, but what one of the articles said about how he hasn't said some of the usual stuff like "I'd love to be a one club player.", "I love the crows." and "I'd love to be there in 2019.".

Only talked about how he's thinking of himself and his future post AFL. Equates to $$$. And don't forget, there's a good 10 months for Tex to absolutely put his boot in it and make Sloane feel unwanted or push him out the door. The Lever thing isn't encouraging for Sloane when making a decision.

shaker

I think Sloane will stay if the Crows match the offers he will get or very close to those offers but that means a change to the way players are paid there as I understand it no one gets paid more than the Captain ? I think Geelong have that pay structure in place as well but really you can't afford to lose another quality player so think they need a rethink on that .

The last thing the club needs is another Lever - Walker type situation , looking from over here in the east that come across as a club a bit divided with some players reported going to the coach not wanting Lever to play finals and it seemed to be a big distraction from what was really important the finals so if Sloane's contract is going to be long process which it seems where contracts are heading in the last few years then having the Captain and Vice Captain at loggerheads would be a disaster so the club needs to get it sorted in the first part of the season and all should be good for Crows next season ........ watch this space

TomK

Quote from: shaker on November 04, 2017, 03:25:19 PM
I think Sloane will stay if the Crows match the offers he will get or very close to those offers but that means a change to the way players are paid there as I understand it no one gets paid more than the Captain ? I think Geelong have that pay structure in place as well but really you can't afford to lose another quality player so think they need a rethink on that .

The last thing the club needs is another Lever - Walker type situation , looking from over here in the east that come across as a club a bit divided with some players reported going to the coach not wanting Lever to play finals and it seemed to be a big distraction from what was really important the finals so if Sloane's contract is going to be long process which it seems where contracts are heading in the last few years then having the Captain and Vice Captain at loggerheads would be a disaster so the club needs to get it sorted in the first part of the season and all should be good for Crows next season ........ watch this space
I don't think Tex is the highest paid, I believe it's Sloane already.

Also, the reports about players not wanting Lever playing were bullshower, Tex said so himself on radio.

shaker

Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 03:28:09 PM

Also, the reports about players not wanting Lever playing were bullshower, Tex said so himself on radio.
Ok like I said I am only going by media we get over here and one report was that Lever could not be paid $800K as he would be getting more than the Captain but the stuff about a small group of players going to the coach about Lever not playing finals was fairly widespread which makes you think it had something to it but you as a Crows fan you would have to agree with me that you can't have a bigger circus than the Lever one with Sloane's contract and you can't have him and Tex developing into a similar situation if Sloane's contract goes long term like Dusty's ?

Trindacut

Lever was reportedly offered 800k a year by Melb and Burton said that’d make him the highest paid Crow.

Sloane would fetch 1mil plus on the open market. The North offer would be around the 1.2mil mark but they’re shower and no one goes there.

If he isnt interested in media work post-AFL then his talk about his future and whats best for his family says he’s seeking the highest paycheck. Fair enough, I say. It’s where the game is at these days.

Adelaide are simply going to have to come to himwith the best offer before trade season 2018. It’ll mean laying overs, he wont be staying for ‘loyalty’.

TomK

Quote from: shaker on November 04, 2017, 03:47:26 PM
Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 03:28:09 PM

Ok like I said I am only going by media we get over here and one report was that Lever could not be paid $800K as he would be getting more than the Captain but the stuff about a small group of players going to the coach about Lever not playing finals was fairly widespread which makes you think it had something to it but you as a Crows fan you would have to agree with me that you can't have a bigger circus than the Lever one with Sloane's contract and you can't have him and Tex developing into a similar situation if Sloane's contract goes long term like Dusty's ?
And also the fact Lever just isn't worth 800k.

Well I don't know about you, but I'd take the word of the captain of the club over anyone in media.

The longer Sloane doesn't sign, the more it will be a circus because the media will make it one, just like they did with Lever, and nothing will change that until he signs. You can't say for sure anything would happen between Sloane and Tex because no one here knows what even happened between Lever and Tex, both situations are very different anyway.

TomK

I find it so strange as to why Richmond supporters have suddenly taken such a big interest in everything that happens at the club  ::)

Nige

Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 05:53:37 PM
I find it so strange as to why Richmond supporters have suddenly taken such a big interest in everything that happens at the club  ::)
Please refrain from lumping the vocal minority in with the rest of us.  :'(

TomK

Quote from: Nige on November 04, 2017, 06:01:44 PM
You're the main culprit, Nige!

GoLions

Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
Can confirm.

Koop

Quote from: GoLions on November 04, 2017, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: TomK on November 04, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
Can confirm.

Nige

shaker

Well honestly the Sloane contract story is about the only thing going on ATM in the AFL feel free to go to the Tiges board and stir some shower up but the only thing going on there is about being winners and naked chick photos  :P

Trindacut

Quote from: shaker on November 04, 2017, 06:18:40 PM
Well honestly the Sloane contract story is about the only thing going on ATM in the AFL feel free to go to the Tiges board and stir some shower up but the only thing going on there is about being winners and naked chick photos  :P
hahaha +1

Trindacut

Mate, I'm a lover of AFL. You've called me stupid, you've pointed out my age like it means something and you've had a stick up your ass whenever I've said something.

You even went out of your way to comment of my ladder prediction with a hysterical laugh, because I put Adelaide out of the 8. Prior to that, two Adelaide supporters put Richmond out of the eight and only one of 12 put them in the top 4. I didn't say a word.

So stop your whinging, have a laugh and when it comes to genuine commentary on current topics in the AFL I reckon you should try to chill out and appreciate that other people will have different views. I'm not trying to start anything, Adelaide was the 'dominant' projected winner this year, even though that won as many games as the Tiges and Geelong, and equal points to GWS. They will get as much scrutiny, probably less, as Richmond. They deserve it. As does Richmond. And when you look hard there are questions. I'm asking them.

I've asked them of the Tiges in years past mate, as I have on many other clubs. The Adelaide forum isn't the only place I've posted, but it's the only place I've posted where it's members scream me down because I go for another club.

Suck. It. Up.

Have. A. Laugh.

Stop. Being. A. Flog.