Main Menu

Offseason Megathread 2017/2018

Started by Nige, October 09, 2017, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Lennon made a scene a couple of years ago wanted to leave and acted like a flog you reap what you sow

Trindacut

Quote from: shaker on October 26, 2017, 05:57:54 PM
Lennon made a scene a couple of years ago wanted to leave and acted like a flog you reap what you sow

Was last year. He didn't have any currency then, he won't now.

nas

Media conference 2day http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-30/tiger-to-front-media-over-topless-photo-scandal
A NEW development is expected in the post-premiership photo scandal when president Peggy O'Neal and defender Nathan Broad front news cameras on Monday morning.

The pair is scheduled to make a statement at 11am AEDT.

The scandal erupted when a photo of a topless woman wearing a 2017 premiership medal was distributed on social media in the days after the Tigers Grand Final win.

shaker

Broad suspended for first 3 weeks for the titty gate scandal

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: shaker on October 30, 2017, 12:16:08 PM

He took one for the team, which in this case was all of us  ;D

Peter

nas

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 30, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

Pretty lucky to get the 3 games & not more.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nas on October 31, 2017, 08:12:55 AM

Absolute rubbish that he got any punishment

Trindacut

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 31, 2017, 09:29:40 AM

Go back and live in the 80's mate.

Criminal offence now, I agree with nas, he's lucky it wasn't 6 weeks.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Trindacut on October 31, 2017, 03:38:05 PM

You had snatchchat it the 80s?

Trindacut

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 31, 2017, 05:01:32 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on October 31, 2017, 03:38:05 PM

You had snatchchat it the 80s?

.... coughs.... I was alive for all of 14 days in the 80's.....

quinny88

What do you guys think our best 22 looks like for round 1 next year? Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then but the only guy unavailable at this stage will be Broad. Big year for a lot of guys like Miles, Lloyd, Conca, Cory Ellis, Ben Griffiths.
Hard to change a premiership winning team but I still think there's spots up for grabs. Rioli, Butler and Castagna were all great as our small forwards but I'd be surprised if Bolton didn't overtake one of Butler or Castagna. He looked scary in some of the VFL matches I saw. Stengle will be close behind!
Townsend played as our make shift 2nd key forward and basically played as a tagger on the oppositions intercept players but not sure we can keep getting away with No genuine tall to help Jack and Grigg having to ruck. It Played a roll in us winning the flag and teams not knowing how to match up on us but they will all be prepparing for it now. Griffiths has to be the one to pull his finger out and take charge of the CHF/2nd ruck role.
Pre season form will dictate who plays round 1 obviously but I'd like to see it as

FB: Houli, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Vlastuin, Rance, B.Ellis
C: Grigg, Martin, Edwards
HF: Rioli, Griffiths, Caddy
FF: Butler, Riewoldt, Bolton
R: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

Int: Lambert, Graham, Townsend, Short

Our depth is now excellent and there are ready made players to step into most rolls.
Macintosh, Menadue, Markov, Cory Ellis, Broad and Naish are all half backs/wingers that can come in
Midfield depth with 2 players head and shoulders above the vfl level in Miles and Lloyd with Conca also an option if he gets in some red hot form. He needs to or he might be gone next year. Also have Drummond who hopefully gets a good run from injury.
Castagna, Lloyd, Stengle ready made small forwards.
Soldo and Hampson ready for the ruck.
It's really the key forwards we struggle with. Moore and Chol would be fish out of water and I'm tipping we go after a key forward in the draft that will most likely take time to develop. Garthwaite still developing as a key back but we're pretty set there as guys like Grimes and Broad can play tall or small

shaker

Your team looks right Q I'd have Lambert on the field don't know if Bolton deserves to be on the field just yet maybe Lloyd in his position and as for Griffiths we got by without him this year and I reckon he is one concussion from retirement so LLoyd to Bolton's position Bolton to the bench and Lambert to take Griffiths position on field .

We will get a KPP for the FWD's in the draft I'm sure but they will be a long term project so maybe someone like a Lachie Hansen with a late pick for a bit of height with Lennon gone he is only 29 and can play both ends or Macintosh he is not even in yours or my team maybe he can learn a new role but yes our depth is amazing only lacking another KPP in FWD's , I'm hoping that we cleaned up our list a bit this year and some more next year that we are making room for a real crack at Lynch if he decides to leave GC  ;)

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on November 05, 2017, 09:42:01 AM
Your team looks right Q I'd have Lambert on the field don't know if Bolton deserves to be on the field just yet maybe Lloyd in his position and as for Griffiths we got by without him this year and I reckon he is one concussion from retirement so LLoyd to Bolton's position Bolton to the bench and Lambert to take Griffiths position on field .

We will get a KPP for the FWD's in the draft I'm sure but they will be a long term project so maybe someone like a Lachie Hansen with a late pick for a bit of height with Lennon gone he is only 29 and can play both ends or Macintosh he is not even in yours or my team maybe he can learn a new role but yes our depth is amazing only lacking another KPP in FWD's , I'm hoping that we cleaned up our list a bit this year and some more next year that we are making room for a real crack at Lynch if he decides to leave GC  ;)

Yeah I'm baisically forecasting Bolton to make a big jump up the ranks this year as Rioli did in his 2nd year. Will be watching his pre season closely that's for sure!
I don't mind the idea of Hansen as a bit of a role player why our younger kpp's develop.
Wow if we landed Lynch I'd cream my pants haha

quinny88

Was just reading an article on Maurice Rioli Jr as a father sun in 2020.. can you imagine the 2 Riolis in the same 50