Main Menu

Offseason Megathread 2017/2018

Started by Nige, October 09, 2017, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Nige

Also somewhat important news that should continue to warm the hearts of most Tiger fans.

Steven Morris, Taylor Hunt and Todd Elton delisted while Jason Castagna and Ivan Soldo will be elevated to the senior list.

shaker

Yep no surprises there thanks to those boys for there time at the Tiges

On another note what do people think we will do with our 2 first round picks thinking we will pick up a couple of key position FWD's in the draft any ideas who will be available around our picks ? or is there anyone we might be able to pinch in the trade period ?

Nige

From what I've heard, we're happy to take both first rounders to the draft.

We'll get Naish as a father/son pick with our first pick.

Then I think there's a good chance we take a fwd/ruck or KPF. Callum Coleman-Jones is a likely type for if we choose the former and there's a whole range of options if we decide to just go a KPP type. Someone like Noah Balta who can play both ends (better as a KPD but could feasibly play as a KPF). There will be several others around the mark also though.

But yeah, Patty Naish as F/S is basically a guarantee. He's already hanging out around the club and wants nothing more than to be at Tigerland so I expect that to happen even though the club has remained tight lipped on whether or not they'll actually take him just yet. And some kind of tall, key position prospect to prepare for the future.

shaker

Ok just had a quick read up about Naish he looks the man , was laughing to myself how a premiership changes players attitudes Lennon the other year wanted out and was being a flog now he is happy and wants to stay and Conca wants to stay thought he might want an opportunity somewhere else and it's only early but I thought Miles would have asked to be traded.

Jroo

Weird not being linked to anyone, we're usually big players in the trade period

Have we completely ruled out Schache?

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on October 09, 2017, 04:06:53 PM
Weird not being linked to anyone, we're usually big players in the trade period

Have we completely ruled out Schache?
Was thinking the same thing but we were talking big bucks for him when we were interested and now we have to pay Dusty   :P don't really think you can pay him to much on what he has done so far

Nige

So we only made two trades which was more than I was expecting.

Both ended up being beneficial pick swaps.

We've ended up with 17, 20, 25, 53 and 55.

The 50s picks will be used for Naish, with 25 also being used if necessary, but hopefully it's not needed.

I still think we try to target a R/F type, or at least a tall than can pinch hit in time.

Otherwise it might just be best available.

shaker

Yep was always looking like a quiet trade period this year , a premiership some decent picks up our sleeve we signed Dusty up long term did not lose any fringe players so our depth is still good can't ask for much more  ;)

quinny88

I've been loving kicking back for once while all these other teams supporters debate and argue over  players claiming they are the winners of the draft, while I couldn't give a rats ass and am still on cloud 9 after the Grandfinal watching the replay for 50th time  ;D

What did we get Jack Graham for last year? Pick 50 odd? Will be the rising star next year  ;)

Trindacut

Keeping a hold of Miles and Lloyd is a plus, if there's injuries next year they'll slot right in.

shaker

Will be interesting to see which young fringe players step up next year the likes of Markov Menadue Bolton Stengle as we were pretty lucky with injuries this season and there will be fierce competition to break into the side , I was surprised Menadue won the GF sprint did not realize he could haul ass like that Isaac Smith MK2 ? he looks very promising

Trindacut

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/investigation-dropped-into-richmond-premiership-medal-topless-woman-photo-20171024-gz7fqo.html

This issue will die a quiet death. I imagine that the whole player group will get educated on the do's and don'ts here. And I think some pockets are bound to get lighter too.

shaker

Lennon and Batchelor to join Morris Hunt Elton to be shown the door and Maric retired and Yarran off the books , looking like the Tiges are making some salary space this year to have a good crack at Lynch next year  :P

Nige

I'm kinda surprised, but then kinda not as the same time.

I think the writing was on the wall for both, but I had this feeling that just maybe they'd both be kept around for another season.

Batch actually had an outstanding season in the VFL, but unfortunately he's never been great at the top level. I honestly felt he was our best tall-ish depth player, but now he's gone.

Lennon's such a disappointing case. I had high hopes that he'd be the next Brett Deledio for us but it never eventuated much to my dismay. There's definitely a couple of issues with the guy, but he's got the talent.

I think there's potential for both to be picked up, Lennon obviously more likely being younger with improvement left in him. I guess we'll have to wait and see.