Main Menu

Offseason Megathread 2017/2018

Started by Nige, October 09, 2017, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on November 05, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
Was just reading an article on Maurice Rioli Jr as a father sun in 2020.. can you imagine the 2 Riolis in the same 50
That would be awesome and make the Tigers the home of the Riolis ha ha there is so many of them , think we are heading to having the most devastating small forwards in the comp if not already

RaisyDaisy

Miles, Townsend and George have signed on

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on November 05, 2017, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 05, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
Was just reading an article on Maurice Rioli Jr as a father sun in 2020.. can you imagine the 2 Riolis in the same 50
That would be awesome and make the Tigers the home of the Riolis ha ha there is so many of them , think we are heading to having the most devastating small forwards in the comp if not already

And the funny thing is, 2 years ago we had none haha

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2017, 01:10:45 PM

Thought Miles would seek a trade for sure, would be a starter in a lot of midfields but just shows the culture must be good to stick around knowing he's not necessarily in the best 22.

Townsend is an awesome story. He was looking for an apprenticeship a few months ago because he assumed he would be getting delisted

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on November 06, 2017, 11:43:14 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2017, 01:10:45 PM

Thought Miles would seek a trade for sure, would be a starter in a lot of midfields but just shows the culture must be good to stick around knowing he's not necessarily in the best 22.

Townsend is an awesome story. He was looking for an apprenticeship a few months ago because he assumed he would be getting delisted
Only takes a injury or two to get a another chance and you have to admit we were pretty lucky this year with injuries , I'm picking we will see Miles back in the team next season

Nige

We've done extremely well. I'm absolutely rapt.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Jack Higgins would be available at our pick. Him and Graham are gonna be the kings of our midfield for the next decade.

CCJ is a great get because he's the perfect ruck/fwd type. Can actually play both forward and ruck with a good level of competence so him and Nank should be lethal moving forward.

Noah Balta could end up being one of the best players from this draft class. Genuinely believe he could be the next Alex Rance. He can play both ends too but I'm pretty sure we'll make him settle as a defender and throw him forward if need be (like McGovern at West Coast).

Naish after the first three was the dream result. He's gonna take a bit, but he's a F/S pick and should be a good speedy outside option for the future.

Dunno a hell of a lot about Ben Miller other than that he's a tall from WA but it seems like he's been picked up to boost our tall forward stocks which is good because that's obviously something we needed desperately.

Overall, fantastic result for the club. I'm especially stoked with Higgins, CCJ and Balta. This is amazing!

shaker

Yeah agree Nige I saw all this talk about Higgins being the new target player after the Doggies and Tiges did the job and he was easily a top 10 pick but he has fallen into our lap , CCJ ha ha I don't even know who that is , Balta seen a bit about him all looked good , Naish yeah time will tell then yada yada yada there is a lot of quality young guys already at the club it is going to be an interesting year with team selection all I can see is more success  :D

quinny88

Pumped with this draft. Got one of the best young kids in the country with pick 17, stoked up on talls, and got the father-son.
Bring on 2018

Nige

Pretty big loss for the club today with Dan Richardson being poached by the Bombers.

He was massively influential as our GM of Football Talent (I think that's the official name of the role). His absence will be felt for sure, hopefully we can replace him with somebody just as good who knows what they're doing.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on December 10, 2017, 08:13:34 PM
Pretty big loss for the club today with Dan Richardson being poached by the Bombers.

He was massively influential as our GM of Football Talent (I think that's the official name of the role). His absence will be felt for sure, hopefully we can replace him with somebody just as good who knows what they're doing.

Let's be honest, as soon as we got Balme and he was demoted he was always going to look for opportunity elsewear. Wish him all the best but I don't feel like it's a huge loss

Nige

Ben Griffiths has retired effective immediately to pursue punting after he got a scholarship to USC.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on January 11, 2018, 04:58:02 PM
Ben Griffiths has retired effective immediately to pursue punting after he got a scholarship to USC.

I imagine the concussions played a large role in that decision. Bit of shame, I liked griff. Probably not quite up to it though

Trindacut

Is a bit of a shame. Could have been a solid forward.

shaker

Ok so who have we got in tall FWD's department that could play this year if needed ? I know we got by last year :D but I'm struggling to think of one Chol ?

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on January 11, 2018, 08:00:08 PM
Ok so who have we got in tall FWD's department that could play this year if needed ? I know we got by last year :D but I'm struggling to think of one Chol ?

Chol, Hampson, Coleman-Jones, Balta, Miller. Take your pick haha!

Who needs a 2nd key when you've got Townsend at CHF though ;)