Sportsdeck NBA DT 2017/2018

Started by jvalles69, September 26, 2017, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Who's ready to roll for another year of fantasy NBA action?

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nba/dreamteam

League code is: 839380

Some juicy rookie prospects this year, will you pick the right ones?

TomK

Reckon I'm pretty set with my team, just stuck on the Center bench spot :-\

jvalles69

I see teams are stealthily sneaking in.  :D

Loads of value this year, tough part is picking the right ones cos there are so many!  Quick list of some decent options.

Aaron Gordon
Rodney Hood
Taurean Prince
Marquis Chriss
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Gary Harris
Aaron Baynes
Boban Marjanovich
Kelly Oubre
Dennis Smith
Lonzo Ball
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Milos Teodosic
Norman Powell
Joe Ingles

fanTCfool

That list of names to watch will be very useful JV, cash cows let me down last year.
Keen for the upcoming season with Year 1 of NBA following under my belt!
Any takers for a Draft League on Sportsdeck while we're at it?
Additionally, does anyone have a link to the ESPN fixture thing that we used last year for game #s per week?

JBs-Hawks

Ill be in, whens the season start?

fanTCfool

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 03, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Ill be in, whens the season start?

Sportsdeck says:
Quote14 : 15 : 54 : 42
ROLLING LOCKOUT: 11:00 AM AEDT, WED 18 OCT

GM

Are you guys playing NBL Fantasy aswell ?

jvalles69

Quote from: GM on October 03, 2017, 09:53:54 PM

Shhh, keep this on the DL, the less entrants the more chance to win! :P

I've retired from NBA draft leagues, it takes up my life more than AFL fantasy...  :-[

Just google "NBA Schedule Grid", there should be a few formats to look at.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 04, 2017, 11:28:59 AM

I've retired from NBA draft leagues, it takes up my life more than AFL fantasy...  :-[

Just a reminder I was second in NBL DT last year. With the new Comp and massive prize for I'm very keen for NBL fantasy

GM

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 04, 2017, 12:46:45 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 04, 2017, 11:28:59 AM

Just a reminder I was second in NBL DT last year. With the new Comp and massive prize for I'm very keen for NBL fantasy
PEDT6Y73

jvalles69

The other question is are the super studs worth the money this year as they have got help in the off season.  Harden, Westbrook, Davis all have high price tags.

jvalles69

Lance Stephenson anyone? 3.75 mill SF/SG.  Who has balls of steel?  Today's line: 17pts, 7/14 fg, 3/7 3pt, 5rebs, 6ass, 2stls

Mat0369

I can't see Fultz getting the ball enough in his hands to be more than a bench option. It's only pre-season but watch Ben's first quarter and they give him the ball at every opportunity. That is also without JoJo and The Homie out there.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2017, 01:41:18 AM
I can't see Fultz getting the ball enough in his hands to be more than a bench option. It's only pre-season but watch Ben's first quarter and they give him the ball at every opportunity. That is also without JoJo and The Homie out there.

Was thinking the same thing...  Brett Brown has said he's a fair bit behind Simmons in his development too.

jvalles69

Seems noone is really wanting to discuss much till teams are locked in which is fair as there are quite a lot of options and different ways you can go.  I do think though we can help each other with our bench spots which are crucial and moving forward and upgrading our teams asap.  Will go through a few thoughts below for each position.  It will be crucial trying to pick the players that will come out strong from the start, we all know what it's like having a slow burn on the bench.  Ideally we would want 5 bench players who come out strong and then trade them to 5 who will gain playing time as the year goes on.

PG - Dennis Smith, Lonzo Ball, Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, Jerian Grant, Justin Holiday.  Personally I think Smith is the out and out fave for the PG bench spot, could even play him as your 2nd PG and spend the cash elsewhere, putting Lonzo on the bench.  Simmons is your hands down best player here, but would take him at the PF spot instead.

SG - Fultz, Ingles, Teodisic, Jaylen Brown.  Fultz has been locked into this spot, but not so sure any more.  Guy will have his good games and his bad games, and he's def not eating first on that team.  Ingles could be value, and will Teodisic get the starting job over Beverly?  Brown got some solid run late last year on a finals bound team, can he keep that up?

SF - Tatum, Prince, Oubre, Powell.  Prince is who I'm going with here, but all the others I've mentioned are just as well to succeed.  Love Tatum and looks like he's going to get run, but will it be early?

PF - Chriss, Tatum, Simmons, Kuzma.  Simmons hands down, but the others will be good too. Kuzma could be a steal.

C - Marjanovic, Baynes.  These are my top 2 options at the 5, just don't know who I'm going to roll with.  Baynes should start in a deep team. Marjanovic will back up Drummond.  Tough call, and it's a coin toss to me.

Have definitely left out some players, so feel free to add your thoughts.