Sportsdeck NBA DT 2017/2018

Started by jvalles69, September 26, 2017, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Simmons is a PG/SF rather than PG/PF

jvalles69

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 07, 2017, 02:56:55 PM

Cheers, wrong spot, lock him for SF instead.  ;)

fanTCfool

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 07, 2017, 03:14:24 PM

Don't sweat it, he was already there  ;)

Who moves up the PF pecking order if we take Simmons out of the equation? Kuzma?

TomK

Josh Jackson (SF) and John Collins (PF) are two I have at the moment.

jvalles69

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 07, 2017, 03:21:39 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 07, 2017, 03:14:24 PM

Don't sweat it, he was already there  ;)

Who moves up the PF pecking order if we take Simmons out of the equation? Kuzma?

In all honestly SG is the toughest position for me to fill, so much value for the bench as well as on court, but do I pass on guys like Harden?  I'd prefer to take flyers on 2 of guys like Middleton, Hood, Lamb, Richardson and Hardaway.  SG is such a tough spot because after a guy like Harden and a few others there is a steep drop off and this has been the case for years.  You'd have Harden, Wade and Kobe in the top bracket, then it would drop off to guys like Wes Matthews.

As TomK has said, I've looked at both Jackson and Collins in those positions and both should be good, Jackson I think will take a while to come on, but not Warren has concussion...again so might be safer now.

I personally have Tatum in the PF bench spot, he contributes across the board and looks to get some run in multiple positions.  His D is solid too.

R.Griffen

Found it hard to pick the elite players as Westbrook and Harden have way better team mates from last year

Steph, Ball (Fox)
DeRozan, Hield (Mitchell)
Greek Freak, Simmons (Brooks)
LeBron, Kawhi (Markkanen)
Whiteside (Swanigan)

Haven't looked at any fixtures, news etc. This team any good?

fanTCfool

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 07, 2017, 08:55:43 PM
Found it hard to pick the elite players as Westbrook and Harden have way better team mates from last year

Steph, Ball (Fox)
Whiteside (Swanigan)

All sides have two or three games to start the year, unlike last. From memory, I know that Whiteside has just two games though so it might be worth looking at the alternatives for the first week at least.

jvalles69

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 07, 2017, 09:08:01 PM

Steph, Ball (Fox)
Whiteside (Swanigan)

All sides have two or three games to start the year, unlike last. From memory, I know that Whiteside has just two games though so it might be worth looking at the alternatives for the first week at least.

I think Kawhi misses games to start the season and Spurs have a 2 game 1st week as well.  I don't like any of your bench guys especially with whats available, Fox could be a nice get though.

TomK

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 08, 2017, 01:12:59 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 07, 2017, 09:08:01 PM

Steph, Ball (Fox)
Whiteside (Swanigan)

I think Kawhi misses games to start the season and Spurs have a 2 game 1st week as well.  I don't like any of your bench guys especially with whats available, Fox could be a nice get though.
Raptors only have the two games as well, otherwise I would be picking DeRozan too.

TomK

fanTCfool

Quote from: TomK on October 08, 2017, 01:24:34 PM
Here's a good schedule grid for anyone who needs one

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-fantasy-schedule

Legend, and we're on the ESPN/Yahoo mode aren't we?

Levi434

Options I like and think you can consider:

John Wall - Best player on his team. Will always have the ball in his hand.

Kyrie Irving - Same as Wall. New team and he is still relatively unknown as to what he could do without Lebron.

Kris Dunn - Probably will start for the Bulls. The 3.2mil price tag might be a bit much though with guys like Simmons, Tedosic, Ball around.

Johnathon Simmons - He was great in the place of Kawhi last year at the Spurs. Will be a locked in starter for the Magic and is a good price and potential keeper on the bench at SG.

Thon Maker - 2.45mil so he is cheap as! Decent bench C/PF option. Could go huge if he gets a chance to start.

Brandon Ingram - 4.37mil so is reasonably pricey but he looks much better than he did last year and looks like he will score a lot more points. I'd expect him to be the go-to guy for the Lakers.

Chandler Parsons - Injury risk galore. But he has shown glimpses of greatness in the past and could be worth a gamble at only 2.86mil.

TomK

I've currently got Kyrie in my side, but not sure what to expect.

Kris Dunn dislocated his finger and is out for 2-4 weeks so will miss the start of the season, also I dunno if Simmons will start over Fournier or Ross, both have been the starters in all of their pre-season matches so far with Simmons coming off the bench.

I like all the rest, I probably won't be risking any though.

Mat0369

I had Parsons in my team. They were saying he is never going to be the player he was but he has spent all off-season getting his body to a point he will contribute. I ended up bringing Bron into my starting SF spot and have Josh Jackson on the bench instead.

My team which I haven't touched since it opened is below

Westbrook, Lonzo, Smith
Harden, Fultz, Brown
Embiid, Patterson
Bron, Simmons, Jackson
Davis, Tatum, Isaac

TomK

Since we're all posting our teams

Kyrie, Smith (Lonzo)
Harden, Hood (Teodosic)
Nurkic (Baynes)
Giannis, Simmons (Jackson)