2017 British XV Discussion

Started by Ringo, February 10, 2017, 03:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Starting this for 2017 for information and postings.

Can be used for banter as well.

GoLions

Figured I'd ask this here:

Quote from: Ringo on February 16, 2017, 03:16:49 PM
Following the supplementary draft all teams have now been loaded into UF and you should now be able to see your own teams.
Can you check and if any errors please advise.
Will be working on loading the draw over the next week or two
We will be playing 15 rounds up to AFL Round 18.  With the exception of Round 9 we will not be playing bye rounds.
Finals series will be Rounds 19 - 23.
For round 9, for people with Port and/or Suns players, do we want to include their score from one of the bye rounds, or just have it so that coaches cop those players being out? With the Suns ruck line, I feel at somewhat of a disadvantage here :P

LF

Quote from: GoLions on February 16, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Figured I'd ask this here:

Quote from: Ringo on February 16, 2017, 03:16:49 PM
Following the supplementary draft all teams have now been loaded into UF and you should now be able to see your own teams.
Can you check and if any errors please advise.
Will be working on loading the draw over the next week or two
We will be playing 15 rounds up to AFL Round 18.  With the exception of Round 9 we will not be playing bye rounds.
Finals series will be Rounds 19 - 23.
For round 9, for people with Port and/or Suns players, do we want to include their score from one of the bye rounds, or just have it so that coaches cop those players being out? With the Suns ruck line, I feel at somewhat of a disadvantage here :P

Yeah I have quite a few Port players what will happen here?

Ringo

One other alternative is to call Rd 9 a bye round and we play through to Rd 19 with finals Rd 20 - 23 but with the risk of restings in Rd 23.
Following normal bye processes Suns and Power would also have had the Rd 12 bye so with GL suggestion we can take Suns and Powers scores from Rd 12. To comply though they would have to be nominated in your Rd 9 team lodged in the thread.
Either option is workable so long as UF allows the adjustment from 3 weeks prior something we have not tested yet to see what happens.

GoLions

Yeah pretty sure you can edit match results for any round so should be fine.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on February 16, 2017, 04:01:52 PM
Just concerned that if results are reversed does ladder reflect change.  It is quite possible in your case to reverse result, May do a test early in the season.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on February 16, 2017, 04:16:54 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 16, 2017, 04:01:52 PM
Just concerned that if results are reversed does ladder reflect change.  It is quite possible in your case to reverse result, May do a test early in the season.
I'm 99% sure it does haha, might have had to do it once last year, not sure though

GoLions

Higgo averaging ~150 over the first two JLT games, getting some time running through the mids. Lecca 160+ in his game. Elliott, Crameri, Milera all impressive as depth. Along with Caleb and Lynch at F1 and F2, Badgers forwards looking pretty good atm. Just need Darling to put up a decent showing now :P

Dion also looking good at the Tigs, and Barlow very good at the Suns!

Defence may still be an issue though, need someone to really break out this year. Hopefully one of Harwood, Kmac, Oleg, or George can take that next step!

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on February 27, 2017, 06:17:44 PM
Higgo averaging ~150 over the first two JLT games, getting some time running through the mids. Lecca 160+ in his game. Elliott, Crameri, Milera all impressive as depth. Along with Caleb and Lynch at F1 and F2, Badgers forwards looking pretty good atm. Just need Darling to put up a decent showing now :P

Defence may still be an issue though, need someone to really break out this year. Hopefully one of Harwood, Kmac, Oleg, or George can take that next step!

Thats just the average Lecras game at home ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on February 27, 2017, 06:32:18 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 27, 2017, 06:17:44 PM

Thats just the average Lecras game at home ;)
That's all i need ;)

kilbluff1985

was thinking we could make preseason comp actually mean something in future by winner gets end of 1st round pick or or something like that

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 02, 2017, 07:40:06 PM
was thinking we could make preseason comp actually mean something in future by winner gets end of 1st round pick or or something like that
I'd be strongly against this tbqh, because I rate first round picks quite highly, and I don't see winning the pre-season comp as that big of a deal seeing as getting through the first round is mostly luck.

Ringo

With the resting of a lot of players who are obviously in your best team it will be pot luck getting through to finals so really not in favour. Look at the Teams that made the semis after Rd 1.
Remember there is a trophy to add to you cabinet for winning.

kilbluff1985

will continue not caring about preseason then lol

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 03, 2017, 12:33:41 PM
will continue not caring about preseason then lol

Grow up mate. If you can't have a genuinely mature discussion with the competition admin and an experienced senior coach then you're not fit to manage a team.

Learn to accept that not every idea you suggest is feasible/good and don't be so rude when your idea gets declined.