SilverLions 2017

Started by SilverLion, February 02, 2017, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Be careful with trading you have quite a number with Rd 13 Bye including 3 prem defenders.

Need to watch rookies for starting as Miles already a non starter.

Nice Team though

SilverLion

Thanks guys :)

Will keep the bye structure in mind, think I should be fine as it gets closer, definitely wwill keep it mind for every premo I bring it.

Swapped some rookies around, may do so again. Ended up choosing Florent over Turner.

One last thing, I've got the extra money in the bank to do so, so should I bring in Preuss for Strnadica and accept not having a loophole? Or should I keep Strnadica for the loophole? Or should I get Preuss and bring in Strandica in my forward line for the loophole? I'm so undecided :o

Ringo

You will have to adjust Miles so use cash for a forward.

I would keep Strnadica for loophole as perfect for that with the late games Dockers have. Go with gut and your decision.

SilverLion

So this is what I've decided to run with. Figured Preuss was worth it, he'll make some coin and for the extra 20k on Strnadica I think is worth it. Only issue is Thurlow, anyone got any ideas what I should do with him?

Edit: Forgot to mention, 11k in the bank currently.

Bully

keep Thurlow for this week and if not named switch to Marchbank

Ringo

Agree with Bully here Corrective trade which is what you try and do in Rd 3 before prices are changed,

With adding Preuss to ruck line you can use Thurlow as VC loophole this week and next

Nice team

SilverLion

Round 3-4 Update:

Trades made:

During Round 1:
Thurlow --> McGrath
Florent --> Taranto

Between Rounds 1 and 2:
N/A

Between Rounds 2 and 3:
Hannebery --> Higgins (via DPP)
Taranto --> Hoskin-Elliott

Between Rounds 3 and 4:
O'Meara --> Murphy
Hibberd --> Newman

Trades Remaining:

Team Value:
$10,788,100

Remaining Cash:
$28,300

Total Score:

Ranking:

100 all 3 weeks (The Fantastic):
Adams, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Mitchell, Nankervis

The Good (from starting side):
Otten, Beams, Treloar, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Grundy, Preuss, Nankervis, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Butler

The Average (from starting side):
Laird, Hampton, McGrath, Parfitt, Sanidlands, Steele

The Bad (from starting side):
Shaw, Hibberd, Stewart, Hannebery, O'Meara, Pickett, Hannan, Eddy

Current Trade Targets:
Dangerfield, Dangerfield, Dangerfield, Dangerfield, Dangerfield, Dangerfield, Dangerfield and possibly Sloane (Shoulda stuck to my guns on this one)

On Thin Ice:
Shaw, Stewart, Pickett, Hannan, Eddy

Summary:
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first three rounds, in hindsight, should have gone Murphy for Hannebery instead of Higgins, but whats done is done. Really happy I ended up picking Preuss at R3, making some quick cash and providing good cover at the moment. Shaw and Laird have been underwhelming down back, and will be keeping a close eye on both of them, more so on Shaw especially. Dangerfield is 100% my next trade target, fingers crossed he has one bad game and plummets 100k ;D. Glad I avoided Thurlow, though I wish I had Marchbank from the Start and Hoskin-Elliott instead of Taranto, but again whats done is done.

Thoughts on my team/trades or anything else would be greatly appreciated :)

Ringo

If Eddy not named next week I would look at trading him to a rook on the bubble a few there  and moving Steele to forwards. SPP scoring well enough to hold down M9.  I would then sit unless a trade forced to avoid 0.

SilverLion

Trades Remaining:

Team Value:
$11,450,200

Remaining Cash:
$28,300

Total Score:

Ranking:
10,550 (+13,607 from last week)

100 all 4 weeks (The Fantastic):
Adams, Bontempelli, Fyfe

The Good:
Laird, Otten, McGrath, Newman (on bench), Murphy, Grundy, Dahlhaus, Macrae

The Average:
Beams, Steele, Sandilands, Nankervis, Hoskin-Elliott, Butler

The Bad:
Shaw, Hampton, Mitchell, Treloar, Swallow, Higgins

Trades planned for this week: None currently

Pretty happy with the side this week overall. Looking at possibly trading Shaw, but can't afford Docherty who would be the only replacement who I'd be comfortable with. No rookies of significance on the bubble either, possibly Balic. Any recommendations?

Considering your Idea Ringo, might do Eddy for Balic via Parfitt's DPP.

Mongoose528

Nice score last week.

I'd hold Shaw, he'll be a top defender by seasons end.

I'd hold on trades this week as rookies are still making $$

SilverLion

Cheers EazyMoney. Forgot to put to mention that I got 2,145 this week haha.

So I've devised a possible 3 week plan...

Round 4:
Eddy --> Balic

Round 5:
Powell-Pepper --> Fisher (~130k)
Stewart/Hampton --> Cox? (~75k)

Round 6:
Hoskin-Elliott --> Parsons (~250k)
Hannan --> Dangerfield via DPP

With the added possibility of in Round 7:

Butler --> FWD Rookie
Hampton/McGrath --> Defender Prem (Simmo/Lloyd/Montagna?)

New team would look like:
Def: Adams, Laird, Simpson (Or another Defender Prem), Shaw, Otten, Newman (McGrath/Hampton/Stewart <-- 2 of these 3 probably)
Mid: Dangerfield, Treloar, Bontempelli, Fyfe, T. Mitchell, Murphy, Beams, Swallow (Fisher, Parfitt, Pickett)
Ruck: Grundy, Sandi (Preuss)
Fwd: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nankervis, Higgins, Steele, Forward Rookie (Balic, Parsons)

Would mean 16 definite prems with the possibility of Sandilands and Steele too. Would leave me with 19 trades and only really 4 spots left to upgrade.

Thoughts?

SilverLion

Round 5 Score:

Overall Ranking:

The Good:
Laird, Otten, Hampton, Fyfe (C), Treloar, Beams, T. Mitchell, McGrath, Sandilands, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nankervis
The Average:
Adams, Shaw, McNiece, Bontempelli, Steele, Butler
The Bad:
Murphy, Swallow, Grundy, Hoskin-Elliott
Did not play:
Higgins

Did a mid-round trade last week, bringing in McNiece for Hannan via multiple DPPs to save a donut. I have already done Swallow-->Fisher and Hoskin-Elliott-->Balic this week, raising my bank to a total of 550k.

So my updated plans involve the following:

Next week:
Hampton/Stewart (Whoever has a higher BE) for Hibberd (provided he backs up his performance)
Parfitt/Powell-Pepper/Pickett/Eddy for Black/Parsons (Depending on performances and next week's sides)

Week after:
Parfitt/Powell-Pepper/Pickett/Eddy/Butler for Danger (Depending on performances)

Would give me 4 prem backs (5 if counting Otten), 8 mids, 1 ruck (2 if counting Sandi) and 4 forwards (5 if counting Steele) and 20 trades left.

Thoughts?

Also who do I field out of Balic, Powell-Pepper, Fisher and Parfitt?

SilverLion

Round 6 Score:

Overall Ranking:

The Good:
Laird, Adams, Shaw, Stewart, Bontempelli (C), T. Mitchell, Steele, McGrath, Powell-Pepper (on bench >:(), Powell-Pepper, Macrae, Higgins, Balic
The Average:
Murphy, Grundy, Dahlhaus
The Bad:
Otten, Hampton, Newman, McNiece, Fyfe, Treloar, Beams, Fisher, Nankervis, Butler

Trades this week:
Hampton --> Hibberd/Simpson/Roberton/Doch
Parfitt --> Parsons

Money in bank (after trades): $534,700

Pretty good week compared to most hah, moved up into the top 5k for what is I think the first time ever. Will have to play Parsons on the ground to cover for Nank for a week if I do these trades.

Advice on which defender prem to bring in please?

Ringo

Look at bye situation and take one of Simpson/Doch/Roberton.  Time to start considering byes with trades as this is the chance to go up in the ratings with good planning.
Unless you have trades up your sleeve would not consider Hibberd.

sammy123

Quote from: SilverLion on May 01, 2017, 05:33:01 PM
Round 6 Score:

Overall Ranking:

The Good:
Laird, Adams, Shaw, Stewart, Bontempelli (C), T. Mitchell, Steele, McGrath, Powell-Pepper (on bench >:(), Powell-Pepper, Macrae, Higgins, Balic
The Average:
Murphy, Grundy, Dahlhaus
The Bad:
Otten, Hampton, Newman, McNiece, Fyfe, Treloar, Beams, Fisher, Nankervis, Butler

Trades this week:
Hampton --> Hibberd/Simpson/Roberton/Doch
Parfitt --> Parsons

Money in bank (after trades): $534,700

Pretty good week compared to most hah, moved up into the top 5k for what is I think the first time ever. Will have to play Parsons on the ground to cover for Nank for a week if I do these trades.

Advice on which defender prem to bring in please?

roberton in 1% of teams