SilverLions 2017

Started by SilverLion, February 02, 2017, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncleswagy

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 04, 2017, 04:26:51 PM
Need one of pendles or danger... Personally think heppell will star slow, so i'd upgrade on him. You'll need 190k which i honestly don't know where it would come for you which makes this a very good well balanced team

i reckon i agree with the one of pendles or danger, the only way i can see of making up that money is downgrading beams, then upgrading heppel to one of those two, but then youd be left with too much bulk cash left over, then possibly snag the one you didnt pick for sloane maybe?

but id imagine hes picking beams for a reason and that not really an option.

only other way i can think of making cash is cheaping some rookie priced players like keefe/scharenberg, mcclug and bowes or swallow down to a cheap rookie.

personally id leave it for now, i like it for the most part, but youd have to upgrade to one of those 2 asap to me

Mat0369

One thing to consider with Heppell is he can turn the ball over and be a bit of a butcher. I will have him locked into my DT but until he can clean up this part of his game I'm not sure I would touch him in SC. Add in a bit of rust considering they haven't played a match in a while and it could see him turn it over even more.

Having a really strong midfield seems to be one of the huge strengths of this team, if you did want to turn Heppell into another top line mid it might be worth looking at downgrading Thurlow and using that cash for the upgrade.

uncleswagy

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 04, 2017, 06:57:05 PM
One thing to consider with Heppell is he can turn the ball over and be a bit of a butcher. I will have him locked into my DT but until he can clean up this part of his game I'm not sure I would touch him in SC. Add in a bit of rust considering they haven't played a match in a while and it could see him turn it over even more.

Having a really strong midfield seems to be one of the huge strengths of this team, if you did want to turn Heppell into another top line mid it might be worth looking at downgrading Thurlow and using that cash for the upgrade.

id agree with you that downgrading thurlow would be the way to go but he did say earlier that he really rates him as a breakout so i left him out of my previous post

SilverLion

Thanks once again for the advice guys, and for the compliments as well  :)

One swap I'm looking at:
Heppell --> T. Mitchell

Regarding Heppell, he is someone I'll be watching especially closely during the JLT to see how he looks after a year out of the game.

Personally, I do rate Thurlow as a breakout contender, and at his price I think he is too good to pass up. I was looking at him last year prior to his injury when he was about $100k more haha. If I were to downgrade him the only player I think I would look at currently would be Hampton, but doing that would not give me enough cash to upgrade Heppell to Danger.

Do you guys really see one of Pendles/Danger as a necessity? In my side currently I see JPK/Hanners, Sloane, Bonti, Fyfe and potentially Mitchell all as potential top 10-12 mids come season end. This would probably mean that 2 of my last 3 mids would need to be upgraded to those 2 at some point. Is that impractical?

Mat0369

I think it is more a C/VC issue with loopholing. Pendles tends to have a really solid floor which makes him a good option while Danger is a guy you want to give the VC due to his monster ceiling. Fyfe when fit and firing can  give you the monsters and Sloane has the high floor.

uncleswagy

Quote from: SilverLion on February 04, 2017, 08:24:52 PM
Thanks once again for the advice guys, and for the compliments as well  :)

One swap I'm looking at:
Heppell --> T. Mitchell

Regarding Heppell, he is someone I'll be watching especially closely during the JLT to see how he looks after a year out of the game.

Personally, I do rate Thurlow as a breakout contender, and at his price I think he is too good to pass up. I was looking at him last year prior to his injury when he was about $100k more haha. If I were to downgrade him the only player I think I would look at currently would be Hampton, but doing that would not give me enough cash to upgrade Heppell to Danger.

Do you guys really see one of Pendles/Danger as a necessity? In my side currently I see JPK/Hanners, Sloane, Bonti, Fyfe and potentially Mitchell all as potential top 10-12 mids come season end. This would probably mean that 2 of my last 3 mids would need to be upgraded to those 2 at some point. Is that impractical?
maybe not a necessity to have them but more of a luxury in knowing that you have one of the top 3-4 midfielders from the start. probably not impractical to upgrade to both will be pricey if thats the way you go. id imagine if you dont start with one you probably wont get both, but you should be able to live with only one that if the rest of the team is picked well

SilverLion

Just a minor update after week 1 of the JLT.

Bennell being ruled out for Rd. 1 means he has to go.

Made a few other moves as well:
Keeffe --> Vickers-Willis
Freeman --> Powell-Pepper
Ryder ---> Lycett
Bennell --> Roughead

$26k in the bank

Main reason for Ryder to Lycett is Ryder's pesky round 9 bye.

Ringo

Structure is sound.

However I feel you need at least one of Danger or Pendles in mids. However if comfortable without go with gut.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ringo on February 20, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
Structure is sound.

However I feel you need at least one of Danger or Pendles in mids. However if comfortable without go with gut.
100% agree.

Sloane is injured and will miss all of the JLT so if you could turn him into Pendles or Danger without losing a premium that would be good.

SilverLion

Post JLT Week 2:

Like what i've seen from Nankervis so far, and can't see him being anyworse than Lycett/Ryder, so figured I'd save the money there.

Few other minor moves due to injury and bandwagonning too.

Roughead --> O'Meara (via McCluggage move to FWD)
Lycett --> Nankervis
Scharenberg --> Hampton
Ryan --> Newman
Bolton --> Butler
Myers --> Bolton

But most notably...

Sloane --> Dangerfield

$42k in bank

Still unsure on Danger though, the $716.9k outlay is massive, and I can only see him getting cheaper. If Sloane plays round 1, I'm still mighty tempted to swap, save $130k, and risk around 5-10 points maximum.

Thoughts?

shaker

Danger avg. 130 Sloane avg. 108 last year 5-10 ? plus Sloane always seems to be breaking something usually his head exactly like now Danger for me but good team  ;)

SilverLion

Post JLT Squad:

Rookie moves:
Newman --> Otten
Bolton --> Parfitt
Black --> Miles

More significant moves:
McCluggage --> Steele
Bowes --> Taranto

but... Dangerfield back to Sloane

Am contemplating trying to find the coin to get JPK in for Sloane, as the only thing putting me off him is his lack of JLT. Still think not having Danger for the first few weeks till an inevitable price drop isn't too bad.

Steele I see as a definite breakout contender, thought so prior to the JLT and hes certainly backed up my thoughts. If he backfires, its a pretty easy swap to Roughy after 2 weeks anyways ;D

Really came down to Danger + 2 rookies, or Sloane + Steele + Expensive Rookie (Taranto). Saw more value and points in the second option.

Side note, seems my first three defenders that I've had for 3/4 of the pre season have become the stock standard for lots of people, which is comforting ;D

Currently only $600 to play with.

Thoughts?

SilverLion

2 moves from last side:
Sloane --> Treloar
Taranto --> Turner

$22.1k in bank.

Thinking I'll start Butler, though if Miles plays I could start any of my FWD/MID rookies instead.

Any final thoughts?

Plan is pretty much to get Danger in ASAP ;D

By not starting him I'm able to get an extra premium: 11 in total, with 7 mid pricers.

SilverLion

No replies in a week, am I to assume my side is good? ;D

Mongoose528

Good team. Big risk not picking Danger, seeing as most people have him but if Danger doesn't start well, you'll be well ahead.

Good luck for 2017.