SilverLions 2017

Started by SilverLion, February 02, 2017, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Decided to go Newman --> Scharenberg rather than Stewart --> Ryan, will go Stewart --> Lloyd in a couple of weeks time.

Ringo

Just watch next weeks byes SL.

SilverLion

Alright so the byes weren't the best for me, lack of rookies in rounds 11 and 13 hurting a lot, however feel like my side looks a lot better coming out of the byes...

Last week traded Steele --> Heeney as I couldn't afford to carry a dropped 'premo'.

This week looking at doing Stewart --> Lloyd and McNiece --> Ryan if McNiece doesn't play as a luxury trade, would leave me with 8 trades left and the following side:

Overall Ranking:

Team Value (Post Trades):
$12, 858, 400

Cash in hand (Post Trades):
$19, 700

Thoughts?

SilverLion

Ended up reversing my trades prior to Thursday night's game as a precautionary measure, still brought in Lloyd for Stewart yesterday.

However with all the carnage yesterday brought, thinking I'll do Fisher --> Ryan via Adams to avoid a donut. Next week McNiece to any one of about 6 or 7 Mid/Fwd/Def rookies. Possibly Sandilands to Kreuzer/Gawn too.

SilverLion

Overall Ranking:
10, 396

Team Value (Prior to trades):
$12, 827, 300

Cash in hand (Prior to trades):
$137, 800

Ended up doing ok last week, with my rank hardly changing despite being forced to take a Beams 12 and cover Fyfe with Ryan.

Will be doing Beams --> Zerrett/Neale on Sunday. Will do Zerrett unless for whatever reason he doesn't play, in which case Neale. My other trade will be McNiece --> Witherden, was going to bring in Brown/Deluca-Cardilo, but they have both been dropped.

Ringo

I would do Schaz to Witherden  Lose Money going McNeice to Witherden.
Then Move Adams back to defence via Witherden and Ryan to bench and e.
Beams to Merrett - Benching Witherden

SilverLion

Alright so I've made the following 4 trades over the last 2 weeks to help get my side up to speed:

Beams --> Merrett
McNiece --> Witherden

Sandilands --> Gawn
Parsons --> Bayok

In hindsight, should've taken your advice Ringo in going Schaz --> Witherden, as the extra money from that would be quite useful right about now ;D

Side is as follows:

Team Value: $12,920,500
Trades Left: 4
Cash in Hand: $124,100
Overall Rank: 7838

Thinking I will hold this week, though am tempted to go Treloar --> Zorko/Neale/Martin.

However, if I hold, there is the possibility of going Ryan/Myers --> Beams/Selwood next week.

Thoughts?

Ringo

Would be tempted to go Cousins to Stengle via Bayok to open up Mid/Fwd DPP with Greenwood.  Know it is a nothing trade but gives you flexibility across all lines with DPP.
Leave the 3 trades as luxury injury trades for rest of season.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on July 10, 2017, 04:14:24 PM
Would be tempted to go Cousins to Stengle via Bayok to open up Mid/Fwd DPP with Greenwood.  Know it is a nothing trade but gives you flexibility across all lines with DPP.
Leave the 3 trades as luxury injury trades for rest of season.

Didn't end up doing this due to Stengle being dropped, but also figured that with that type of trade I could do it as necessary, not a trade I'd rush to do.

Team Value: $13,079,000
Trades Left: 4
Cash in Hand: $124,100
Overall Rank: 7485

Stupid me trying to do the right thing and loophole Higgins and Greenwood meant I had no-one covering Yeo, costing me 71 points >:(

I have the cash available to go Ryan --> Beams via Witherden this week. However, this will remove my D/M link to the mids, and leave me with no DPP flexibility across my benches (excl. Strnadica + Nank). However, would give me a solid bench option on each line (Witherden, Beams and Greenwood) and can be done using only 1 trade, meaning I have 3 still for finals.

Thoughts?

Ringo

Injuries may force your hand though so I would wait and see on Danger first -

Trade is sound but as you say losing DPP

Other alternative to keep is Myers to a forward via Bayok/Greenwood  (Elliott,Isaac Smith or Eddie Betts sound for Looping with Higgins)

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on July 17, 2017, 05:00:50 PM
Injuries may force your hand though so I would wait and see on Danger first -

Trade is sound but as you say losing DPP

Other alternative to keep is Myers to a forward via Bayok/Greenwood  (Elliott,Isaac Smith or Eddie Betts sound for Looping with Higgins)

Ryan to Beams confirmed with Ryan being dropped tonight. If Danger doesn't play Beams will cover and can live with that for a week :).

Loophole options will be looked at in the following weeks, but don't see it as necessary at the moment with the strong D7, M9 and F7 that I have.

SilverLion

First update for a while, and quite possibly the last until post-season :)

Overall Rank: 3,666
Team Value: $13,342,600
Trades Left: 1
Remaining Salary: $145,500

Thinking of going Treloar --> M. Crouch/Hurley/Ryder

Thoughts on which one? Also whether to do it this week, or hold off in case of an injury.

TomK

Why would you trade Treloar?

Nank and Shaw surely go first but I'd save the trade for next week regardless.

SilverLion

Cheers Tom.

Yeah I'd love to get rid of Nank or Shaw in preference, but my cash left doesn't let me get Ryder/hurley from either of them (at least this week), which is why I mentioned Treloar.

Will hold off till next week and assess then what to do with it though :)

SilverLion

Final Ranking: 2,827 (Personal Best!)

Year Assessment:

Best year on record, still a little of the pace as it probably took half the year to get my side up to scratch.

Best Starting Selection: Tom Mitchell
Worst Starting Selection: Heath Shaw
Best Trade: Any of the following
- Powell-Pepper $311,900 --> Dangerfield $579,900 (Round 10)
- Newman $416,000 --> Docherty $596,300 (Round 12)
- Ryan $279,400 --> Beams $396,600 (Round 18)
Worst Trade: Hannan $168,300 --> McNiece $102,400
My Personal Grading: A

Edit: Forgot to mention, a massive thanks to all who gave me advice throughout the year :)