First draft for 2017 locked and loaded!

Remaining Salary: $600 (:o)

Noteable PODs: Sloane and Bonti

Keeper Breakdown:
Def: T. Adams, R. Laird, M.Hibberd
Mid: T.Rockliff, R. Sloane, M. Bontempelli, N. Fyfe, D. Heppell
Rucks: B. Grundy
Fwd: L. Dahlhaus, J. Macrae

11 keepers not including D. Beams, D. Swallow, A. Sandilands, P. Ryder, H. Bennell and J. Roughead, thus possibly 17.

Few players that I've been looking at as well include: T. Miller, J. Elliot, C. Ellis-Yolmen, H.Hartlett, M.Murphy, B.Fiorini, R. Murphy and L.Keefe.

(Rookies are placeholders for now)

Thoughts and feedback welcome  :)

GoLions

I'll start off by saying that Bont doesn't look like being a POD :P

Defence looks ok, I don't mind Thurlow, just need to see how he goes leading up to round 1. Not sure on Hibberd, may start slow after being out of the game for a while, but definitely isn't a bad pick by any means.

Think you need one of Danger, Pendles, JPK, Hanners in your mids, just for a bit of safety.

Not the biggest Grundy fan, simply because it means you're ruling out one of Goldy or Gawn from the very start. If you think he can match at least one of them though, then go with your gut :) (also keep an eye on Sandi)

Forwards picked are fairly standard, think you've gone a bit too deep though. There are a lot of mid rookies who received fwd status (Clugg and Bowes to name a few), along with guys like Ainsworth, Taranto, etc. I'd probs look to bring Ainsworth in, and at least one of Bowes/Clugg from your mids into your forwards, so that you can get another mid rookie. Going one of Roughy/Bennell/Ryder/Macrae down to Ainsworth would give you the cash to get guys like Danger, Goldy/Gawn, etc as well :)

Regarding the other guys you're considering, I really like Touk, locked into my side atm. Hartlett is another I've been considering, but will wait and see what his role looks like being prior to round 1.

uncleswagy

looking pretty good, although i dont rate hibberd, dont see him as a keeper, like golions said i think you are deep in the forwards, id downgrade one of roughy or bennel to a rook and use that money to upgrade hibberd or maybe grundy or both depending on how much money is left over

fasttrack13

Don't See enough top 3-5 players in your lines...
None in defence or ruck and probably only 1 in midfield and forward line...

Feel like you've done a bit of cramming

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 02, 2017, 10:33:00 PM

Eh, not necessarily. Adams, Laird, Dahl, Fyfe, Rocky, Macrae should all be right up there. I think it's just maybe too many value players alongside them. Having all of Hibberd, Thurlow, Heppell, Beams, Swallow, Sandi, Ryder, Bennell, Roughy means that there are a few more elite players he's missed out on, but also less rookies on field. Team will start well, but cash generation could be an issue if some of these guys don't work out. Just need to limit the risk a bit imo.

fasttrack13

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2017, 10:36:35 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 02, 2017, 10:33:00 PM

Eh, not necessarily. Adams, Laird, Dahl, Fyfe, Rocky, Macrae should all be right up there. I think it's just maybe too many value players alongside them. Having all of Hibberd, Thurlow, Heppell, Beams, Swallow, Sandi, Ryder, Bennell, Roughy means that there are a few more elite players he's missed out on, but also less rookies on field. Team will start well, but cash generation could be an issue if some of these guys don't work out. Just need to limit the risk a bit imo.

I was basing it on what i think is needed to be scored to make those respective positions and i really meant top 3 ;) but it would've seemed unrealistic to predict

SilverLion

Thanks for all the advice guys  :)

So far I've done two swaps:
Bowes --> Pickett
Rockliff --> Kennedy

Just think that JPK will be a more reliable and safer option than Rocky. Additionally I now have $35k in the bank. Was considering Roughy --> Rookie and then possibly Hibberd --> Full prem, but can't decide on which one, if any, to get.

Regarding Grundy, I believe he could easily average as much as Goldstein this year, just my opinion.

Thoughts on J. Lloyd from Sydney also?

fasttrack13

I like Lloyd i reckon should definitely be top 15 defenders. Would go to rance/montagna/boyd considering bye situation in defence. Even though i like shaw/howe more they have the same bye. Saying that I have : Shaw, Laird, Howe... so i'm not even listening to my own advice

shaker

To many players coming off LTI or suspensions for my liking but hey might work but very risky

uncleswagy

Do like Jake Lloyd, just not sure that he'll be in the top tier of defenders come season end

Money Shot

Thurlow>Keefe
Roughead/Bennell>Bowes

Grundy>Goldy/Gawn (Goldy and Gawn have the ability to go 150+ every few games which Grundy doesn't)
Hibberd>Premium (Shaw)

SilverLion

Cheers for the advice guys  :)

Trades from original team:

Out:
M. Hibberd
C. Hampton
T. Rockliff
J. Roughead
J. Gallucci

In:
H. Shaw
L. Keeffe
D. Hannebery
J. Pickett
A. Black

And a move of Bowes from M9 to F5.

Also netting me a bank of $62.5k

Just can't seem to find the coin to get in Goldy/Gawn, and I'm still reasonably confident that Grundy will be right up there with at least one of them come years end.

Really rate Thurlow as a genuine chance to average 85+, so could easily be D6/7 for the year. Could downgrade him to a McGrath/Hampton type but can't justify the downgrade at the moment.

Put in Shaw for Hibberd just to give my defence a rock solid boost.

Hannebery/Kennedy for Rockliff for more stability in the mids due to a lack of Danger/Pendles.

Black for Gallucci a pretty straightforward swap.

My bye structure is probably garbage now haha.

Thoughts?

Money Shot

Considering the team doesn't have Danger, Pendles, Gawn and Goldy who are all locks in my side I actually like it a lot.

fasttrack13

Need one of pendles or danger... Personally think heppell will star slow, so i'd upgrade on him. You'll need 190k which i honestly don't know where it would come for you which makes this a very good well balanced team

hawkers65

I wouldnt think id rate a team without so many big names but something about it is just enticing to me. Its unique and i like it