Bully's Boys 2017

Started by Bully, January 26, 2017, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendles93

Although he looks ready made with his size, Begley won't play round 1. Will start in the VFL.

Bully

Quote from: pendles93 on February 27, 2017, 10:35:43 PM
Although he looks ready made with his size, Begley won't play round 1. Will start in the VFL.

If he doesn't make the cut I'll probably downgrade Shaw to Adams and play Schoenmakers.

eaglesman

I always like your teams. We always have similar structures.
I don't like Murphy but that's a personal preference selection. I would rather Jobe in the 400s or upgrade but that's just me.

Got any mail on beams? If fit he has to be picked imo

RaisyDaisy

Nice looking side mate

Montags I am little concerned about - just expect their youngsters to take another step up this year, and his recent soft tissue injury is a little worrying for someone his age

Beams will play in the next JLT, and there's no doubt he is capable of 115+ but I just cannot see him playing 22 games which is why I've decided to pass, which feels weird not selecting him but I can def see why you have

Looking good man

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2017, 11:27:18 PM
Nice looking side mate

Montags I am little concerned about - just expect their youngsters to take another step up this year, and his recent soft tissue injury is a little worrying for someone his age

Beams will play in the next JLT, and there's no doubt he is capable of 115+ but I just cannot see him playing 22 games which is why I've decided to pass, which feels weird not selecting him but I can def see why you have

Looking good man

Where did you see beams is playing next jlt?

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 27, 2017, 11:07:50 PM
I always like your teams. We always have similar structures.
I don't like Murphy but that's a personal preference selection. I would rather Jobe in the 400s or upgrade but that's just me.

Got any mail on beams? If fit he has to be picked imo

The theory behind the Murphy selection is he'll be a stepping stone to Joel Selwood or Bont (both who have a high standard deviation). Murphy won't rake in the monster scores but he's good for 90-105 most weeks which should push him around the 500k mark. If Selwood is true to form then a straight swap is definitely possible.

As for Beams, this is more out of hope but if he doesn't get up I'll need to reassess. I may even downgrade Shaw to Hartlett and bring back Bont.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2017, 11:27:18 PM
Nice looking side mate

Looking good man

I've picked Monty based on his durability in years gone by but downgrading to Adams isn't the worst move (although he has a wretched record with playing out the year). I think with Beams one stands to make good cash, that would be a worst case scenario. If I have to trade him with an extra 150k in the pocket then this is as good as picking a Brodie or Bowes but I should get some additional points on the board.

Bully

Just did some research on Monty, minor calf strain. Not sure what to make of it but hopefully he gets a run in the preseason.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on February 28, 2017, 02:09:28 AM
Just did some research on Monty, minor calf strain. Not sure what to make of it but hopefully he gets a run in the preseason.

Joey lines up round 1 and I think he will I'll be swapping docherty for him 100% if I need the cash elsewhere

Ringo

Quote from: eaglesman on February 28, 2017, 02:05:45 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2017, 11:37:18 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 27, 2017, 11:32:23 PM
Where did you see beams is playing next jlt?

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-02-21/dayne-beams-expected-return

Thanks locked and loaded
Can confirm that Beams has done plenty of running and weights work and is looking great.  Obviously with his injury history club is exercising extreme caution. He has played in the 2 intra club trials and looked good.

Bully

With Monty a very good chance for round 1 & the rookie situation crystalising, here's the latest set up.

Goosey

Deep midfield, but somehow still looks balanced across the park, nice team.

Bully

Quote from: Goosey on March 02, 2017, 10:58:24 PM
Deep midfield, but somehow still looks balanced across the park, nice team.

Cheers, feel a bit better about the JS in the forward line with Schoey & Black. Having Ryder & Cameron in there also enables me a handy loophole option on the forward bench, can swing Strnadica on the field when the good scores roll in.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Nice team right across the board and should score well from day 1. Just a little curious about where your cash generation will be coming from ??    Cheers and best of luck mate.               ;)