Bully's Boys 2017

Started by Bully, January 26, 2017, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Very good reasoning. Like the side a lot.

Ringo

Like the team a lot and your reasoning.

Montagna looks like being a nice POD as well and with his rumoured more time running through mids could be gold.

Bully

Just a few tweaks here and there, still think this structure will hold out but in the event that I need a Scharenberg or Keeffe type selection then Shaw down to Laird seems the obvious choice.

eaglesman

We have exactly the same structure and maybe 3 players different on field haha

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 24, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

I reckon this is the way to go with very few rookie mids emerging from the pack. After Laird's performance tonight downgrading Shaw shouldn't hurt a bit. Leaves me some wriggle room to bring Keefe/Bowes/Schoenmakers.

The other switch I'm contemplating is Murphy down to O'Meara & Hartlett up to Laird.

GoLions

Quote from: Bully on February 24, 2017, 11:52:21 PM

I reckon this is the way to go with very few rookie mids emerging from the pack. After Laird's performance tonight downgrading Shaw shouldn't hurt a bit. Leaves me some wriggle room to bring Keefe/Bowes/Schoenmakers.

The other switch I'm contemplating is Murphy down to O'Meara & Hartlett up to Laird.
I've been fairly out of the loop for the past week, but thought Joey was dealing with a minor calf issue atm? So off that, would think Joey to Laird would be a good idea.

But then again I could be way off the mark ahaha

Bully

Quote from: GoLions on February 24, 2017, 11:54:34 PM

I've been fairly out of the loop for the past week, but thought Joey was dealing with a minor calf issue atm? So off that, would think Joey to Laird would be a good idea.

Not a bad suggestion. Butler also looked good tonight so could easily fill a hole at F7.

GoLions

Quote from: Bully on February 25, 2017, 12:09:28 AM

Not a bad suggestion. Butler also looked good tonight so could easily fill a hole at F7.
I asked Nige about Butler and he said he wouldn't be best 22. You reckon he's a chance?

Bully

Quote from: GoLions on February 25, 2017, 12:15:11 AM

I asked Nige about Butler and he said he wouldn't be best 22. You reckon he's a chance?

Needs to back it up but he's a definite chance based on tonight's form. We don't have too many to come into the line-up, Rance being the obvious, Houli and maybe Short.

GoLions

Quote from: Bully on February 25, 2017, 12:48:44 AM

Needs to back it up but he's a definite chance based on tonight's form. We don't have too many to come into the line-up, Rance being the obvious, Houli and maybe Short.
Yeah, you guys seemed pretty close to full strength. There's probably those 1-2 spots available which will be decided in the next 2 weeks, as long as it's a cheap rookie I don't mind exactly who it is then haha

Gavdroid

Quote from: GoLions on February 25, 2017, 12:50:02 AM
Quote from: Bully on February 25, 2017, 12:48:44 AM

Yeah, you guys seemed pretty close to full strength. There's probably those 1-2 spots available which will be decided in the next 2 weeks, as long as it's a cheap rookie I don't mind exactly who it is then haha

I see Butler, Bolton, Lennon, Lloyd fighting for 2 spots (Rioli locked in). Short plays for sure, Hunt/Conca likely to get pushed out. If Butler plays like that again he should get a gig. Finished off last year in the 2's pretty well as I understand too.

Bully

No way Lennon gets picked, looked like a bush footballer against the Crows, Bolton is still pretty light so unlikely. Lloyd is a mainstay so it's out of Conca, Butler & Hunt. Based on form you'd have to pick Butler but Hardwick often picks Conca when in doubt.

Fid

I am fairly sure that Ben Long (St Kilda) cant play until R3 due to suspension.

Bully

Quote from: Fid on February 27, 2017, 06:45:18 PM
I am fairly sure that Ben Long (St Kilda) cant play until R3 due to suspension.

Fixed in this version, the big move is Bont & McCluggage to O'Meara & Roughie.

Fid

Great side, strong mids with Swallow @ M7

I currently have him @ M6 with more expensive rooks