Ringos 2017 Diary

Started by Ringo, January 26, 2017, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Initial Team for 2017

Stayed clear of Dayne Beams because I think too much risk at that price.  may change mind though based on JLT.  Gone heavy in mids.

12 Keepers (14 if Ryder and Roughy reach previous highs)

Feel free to comment

Peter

Interesting selection of Sandilands in DT - opens up cash for a 6th keeper status mid, like it in SC, but not so sure in DT. Love the structure, same as mine bar the Sandi selection

Ringo

Sitting Team til JLT

A few changes from first team but comfortable with them. Also comfortable with structure,

Went for Montagna in defence as he is said to be reverting back to running through mids.

Swapped Sloane for Beams and Swallow may pay off.

Brought in Stef Martin to second ruck and hoping he can get back to 2015 form.

Plenty of scope for manouuvering with rookies as well. Treating Swallow as a rookie at that price so may be in starting team or not.

Also have 48k left.

Ringo

Round 1 Update

Rd 1 Score 2041
Rd 1 Ranking 6003
Overall Ranking 6003

Round 1 Team
Def: Adams, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Hibberd)
Mid: Mitchell, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Beams, Steven, O'Meara, Horlin-Smith, Hannerbery (SPP. Barrett, Parfitt)
Ruc: Martin, Sandilands, Strnadica
Fwds: Macrae, Franklin, WHE, Steele, Nankervis, Pickett (Butler, Eddy)

The good, average and ugly - For rookies above 65 Good, 45 - 65 Average, below 45 bad.
The Good
Laird, Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Mitchell, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Beams, Spp, Martin, Sandilands, Macrae, Franklin, WHE, Steele, Nankervis, Butler

The Average
Stewart, Steven, O'Meara, GHS, Barrett,

The Bad
Roberton, Otten, Hibberd, Hannebery, Parfitt, Pickett, Eddy
Coaches rookie error not checking after reversing so had no emergencies and as such did not get Sandis score.  >:(

No trades this week and having second look at rookies for correctional trades.

Ringo

Round 2 Update

Rd 2 Score 2166
Rd 1 Ranking 468
Overall Ranking 2247 up 3756

Round 1 Team
Def: Adams, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart (Otten, Hibberd)
Mid: Mitchell, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Beams, Steven, O'Meara, Horlin-Smith, Hannerbery (SPP. Barrett, Parfitt)
Fwds: Macrae, Franklin, WHE, Steele, Nankervis, Butler (Pickett, Eddy)

The Good
Adams, Roberton, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (on bench though  :( ), Dangerfield, Mitchell, Rockliff, Beams. O'Meara, SPP, Barrett, Martin, Franklin, WHE, Nankervis, Eddy

The Average
Laird, Stewart, GHS, Parfitt, Butler, Pickett, Steven, Macrae

The Bad
Hannerberry, Sandilands, Steele

Did Not Play
Hibberd
Strnadica

Decisions Do i correct trade Hanners and Steele who are not performing or stick with them.  Rookies reasonable.

So do I do
Steele to Higgins
Hanners to Marc Murphy + Cash
Hanners to Treloar/Pendles

or 1 of above and
Picket to Houston

Hibberd to Newman on cards for next week if he continues to score well.

GoLions

Starting well Ringo!

Steven punctured lung so he probably has to go. Maybe Steven to Murphy and Pickett to Houston

Ringo

Round 3 Update

Rd 3 Score 2241
Rd 3 Ranking 1287
Overall Ranking 1432 up 815
League Wins 7/10

Round 3 Trades - Hanners to Merrett, Steven to Murphy

Round 3 Team
Def: Adams, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Hibberd)
Mid: Mitchell, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Beams, Murphy, O'Meara, SPP, Merrettt (Horlin-Smith, Barrett, Parfitt)
Fwds: Macrae, Franklin, WHE, Steele, Nankervis, Butler (Pickett, Eddy)

The Good
Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Murphy, Dangerfield, Mitchell,  Rockliff, Beams, SPP, Barrett, Parfitt, Martin, Macrae,  WHE, Nankervis, Butler

The Average
Merrett, Laird, Roberton. Sandilands, Franklin, Steele, Pickett

The Bad
Stewart, Eddy, O'Meara

Did Not play
Horlin Smith
Hibberd
Strnadica

Trading Hibberd to Newmann locked and not sure whether to do another trade. Probably give O'Meara another week. May hurt me but just feel he is ready to find form.

Mat0369

If he doesn't lose cash I would hold O'Meara. There will probably be a couple of downgrade options next week and you have the flexibility to swing players around to downgrade. Then you can start cashing out.

Ringo

Round 4 Update

Rd 4 Score 2158
Rd 3 Ranking 77
Overall Ranking 298 (up 2134)
League Wins 10/10

Trades - Hibberd to Newmann O'Meara to Swallow (traded when he was an out)

Cash 212k 26 trades left

Round 4 Team
Def: Adams, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank, Newmann, Otten (Stewart, Hampton)
Mid: Mitchell, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Beams, Murphy, Swallow, SPP, Merrettt (Horlin-Smith, Barrett, Pickett)
Fwds: Macrae, Franklin, WHE, Steele, Nankervis, Butler (Parfitt, Eddy)

The Good
Adams, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank, Newman, Murphy, Rocky, Merrett, Mitchell, Beams, Martin, Sandilands, Macrae, Steele, Parfitt, Butler, Nankervis, WHE

The Average
Otten, Hampton, Franklin

The Bad
Stewart, Swallow, Danger, SPP, Pickett,

Did Not play
Horlin Smith
Hibberd
Strnadica
Barrett

What to do this week Hold or Trade?  Stewart the only real worry but will have to keep for the slow burn as he has only made minimal cash and options are more than him anyway.

So think I will hold for a week and assess next week.

Ringo

Round 6 Update

Rd 6 Score 2036
Rd 6 Rank  4679
Overall Rank 273 down 115

Trades since last update

Rd 5
No Trades

Rd 6
WHE to Balic
Swallow to Jelwood.
Backfired this week with WHE going large and Selwood tagged out of it.  Hopefully just a blimp.

Just wondering what trades this week.

Options under consideration
a) Parfit to Black/Parsons
b) Parfitt and Butler to Black and Parsons if both named
c) Parfitt to Black/Parsons  and Marchbank to Docherty/Simpson. Do I risk Simpson with only 7.5% ownership or go Doc?
d) Parfitt to Black/Parsons and Butler to Yeo/Dahlhaus  Looking at this one if Nank gets a suspension

Mat0369

I'm thinking this has to be the week for a double downgrade or you have to sit tight until Myers is on the bubble. It will set you up to upgrade Hampton next week

Ringo

With Beams out thinking this trade Parfitt to Black/Parsons whoever is named and Beams to Sloane. If neither named then a rethink.

Thinking is with Beams having quad trouble may be more than 2 weeks. Quad injuries are usually hard to discern return time. Remember Sauce Merrett had one that stretched to 8 weeks,

So Sloane will probably not be cheaper than he is now so time to get on.

Will give me a midfield of Merrett. Mitchell, Rocky, Sloane, Danger, Jelwood. Murphy, GHS with SPP emergency.

22 Trades remaining

Mat0369

Ringo

Round 7 Update:

Rd 7 Score 2060
Rd 7 Rank 3459
Overall Rank 399 (down 126)
League Wins 5/10
Team Value $12,980,000
Bank: $177.800

Rd 7 Trades:
Parfit to Parsons
Beams to Sloane.

Both very costly this week especially with Sloane as Captain.

Rd 7 Team:
Adams, Laird, Roberton, Otten, Marchbank. Hampton (Stewart, Newman)
Rockliff, T Mitchell, Z Merrett, Sloane, M Murphy, Jelwood, Danger, SPP (Barrett, GHS, Pickett)
Martin, Sandilands, (Strandica)
Macrae, Franklin, Steele, Butler, Balic, Parsons (Nankervis, Eddy)

Obviously have to wait on teams but also wondering what trades to do:
Hampton to McNiece if named or Berry
2nd trade depends on whether Parsons dropped or not and thinking forr Bye Purposes Butler to Yeo or Otten to Tuohy,
Also may consider double down to look at TJ Lynch, Ebert and dare I say his name Dixon after the Bye.

Tempted to play GHS on Ground over SPP. Do I keep C on Sloane as no doubt will be hurting after his performance or go with Rocky where his last 2 scores at Aurora Stadium have been 156 and 96.

Mat0369

The 96 he was tagging Sam Mitchell and copped a suspension from memory. If you're worried about byes I think you have to take McNiece over Berry as well.