GoLions' SC Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Thought I'd have a bit of a fiddle cause why nawt

DEF: Heath Shaw, Alex Rance, Robert Murphy, Andrew McGrath, Jack Scrimshaw, Matthew Scharenberg (Griffin Logue, Luke Ryan)
MID: Patrick Dangerfield, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Rockliff, Nat Fyfe, Dayne Beams, David Swallow, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Will Brodie (Sam Powell-Pepper, David Myers, Dylan Clarke)
RUCK: Max Gawn, Todd Goldstein (Luke Strnadica)
FWD: Luke Dahlhaus, Jack Macrae, Touk Miller, Hugh McCluggage, Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes (Daniel Venables, Willem Drew)

Cash left: $91,100

Gone for most of the top-end rookies atm, so if some of the cheaper ones look good for round 1 then can drop a few for a bit more cash. Tbh not sold on Macrae yet, tempted to drop him for another rookie and go with someone like Adams in defence. Other spots that could easily change would be Swallow and Myers, and possibly Bob (but at 390k hard to say no). Sandi also tempting for the rucks, but I've always been a fan of the set-and-forget strategy. Touk is gonna go huge.

fanTCfool

No interest in Heppell? If some more cash can be found from rookies/premos etc. would you consider upgrading Swallow to him? Leaves a very strong starting midfield if so.

Ringo

Nice team and structure GL - Gutsy move with Touk at M3 but you need the odd risk or 2.

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on December 12, 2016, 10:25:51 PM
No interest in Heppell? If some more cash can be found from rookies/premos etc. would you consider upgrading Swallow to him? Leaves a very strong starting midfield if so.
Not as keen on the returning Bombers tbh, think they'll start a bit slow and not really change much in price (excluding Myers who is just insanely good value).

fanTCfool

Quote from: GoLions on December 12, 2016, 11:30:59 PM
Not as keen on the returning Bombers tbh, think they'll start a bit slow and not really change much in price (excluding Myers who is just insanely good value).

Agree regarding Myers, 130k for an experienced Best 22 player is a lock. The thought has certainly crossed my mind a number of times with the returning bombers, but I am hopeful that with a point to prove they will have a strong Pre Season Cup and therefore be somewhat ready to re-enter the AFL system. If that solid Pre Season Cup isn't there though, it will put some serious question marks in my mind as most Bombers aren't quite as cheap as we might have liked.

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on December 12, 2016, 11:46:12 PM
Quote from: GoLions on December 12, 2016, 11:30:59 PM

Agree regarding Myers, 130k for an experienced Best 22 player is a lock. The thought has certainly crossed my mind a number of times with the returning bombers, but I am hopeful that with a point to prove they will have a strong Pre Season Cup and therefore be somewhat ready to re-enter the AFL system. If that solid Pre Season Cup isn't there though, it will put some serious question marks in my mind as most Bombers aren't quite as cheap as we might have liked.
Yeah, like, there's every chance they come out and kill it. And if HepD was 50k cheaper,hhe'd probably be locked in my team already. Just a bit worried of falling behind early if he does start slow, but could also go the other way :P

fasttrack13

Love Touk Miller, he's the human meat ball 2.0... new and improved! Love you're m1-4 (not sure why ;) ) they're probably the only players I see capable of going 120+.. unless gaz steps up again!

Top 2 ruck trap (be careful) I fell for that last year goldy and stef... biggest burn ever.

Like it though a lot

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 13, 2016, 01:40:29 AM
Love Touk Miller, he's the human meat ball 2.0... new and improved! Love you're m1-4 (not sure why ;) ) they're probably the only players I see capable of going 120+.. unless gaz steps up again!

Top 2 ruck trap (be careful) I fell for that last year goldy and stef... biggest burn ever.

Like it though a lot
Haha, yeah it's so hard to get the rucks right from the start each year, but I feel like any combination carries some sort of risk, and I'd be losing out the most if Gawn and Goldy both fire and I don't have them :P

TomK

Very nice squad, love the Touk pick, don't have the balls to pick him myself though :P Not a fan of Bob Murphy but there is value there no doubt. Good start!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: TomK on December 13, 2016, 10:29:41 PM
Very nice squad, love the Touk pick, don't have the balls to pick him myself though :P Not a fan of Bob Murphy but there is value there no doubt. Good start!

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 17, 2016, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: TomK on December 13, 2016, 10:29:41 PM
Yeah, tempting to go Swallow down to a rookie, and then upgrade Bob to a top-line defender

RaisyDaisy

Keep Swallow

I'd downgrade a couple of the super expensive rookies

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 17, 2016, 07:47:27 PM
Keep Swallow

I'd downgrade a couple of the super expensive rookies
If there's some cheaper ones that look really good closer to round 1, will likely be doing that :)

I always like to start with the more expensive ones just cause it's easier to downgrade them though :P

enzedder

Quote from: GoLions on December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 PM
Thought I'd have a bit of a fiddle cause why nawt
You're good at fiddling by the looks of it mate.
Expensive rookies are understandable atm and if cheaper look better later then you can have another fiddle.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

HI GL, agree 100% about the returning Bombers. Oops better make that about 85% as I forgot about Myers who I see as a money making gift from the SC Gods to make up for all the times they've screwed me in the past. And love the use of high end rookies for obvious reasons of reality. I think if Sandi plays some pre season and is named Rd.1 he may prove difficult to leave out. Would the new ruck rule favour someone of his enormous stature ?? Will be watching the Torque closely, best of luck mate.      ;)