GoLions' SC Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Might stick with Goldy...but tempted to drop him to Stefan, and then go Tmac to someone like Docherty

SilverLion

Side looks good, git of risk in a few of those rookies, but go with gut  :)

Like the Miller pick, reckon he'll be great this year.

GoLions

Just changed Goldy to Stef, and Tmac to Docherty haha

I think all those rookies should be decent, like Florent as well, and possibly Butler, but can't fit them in :P

miamis_finest

Quote from: GoLions on March 23, 2017, 08:12:01 PM

I think all those rookies should be decent, like Florent as well, and possibly Butler, but can't fit them in :P
What are your thoughts on Bowes over Florent? Is there any thinking behind that or is it a 50/50 thing.

GoLions

Quote from: miamis_finest on March 24, 2017, 02:08:17 PM

What are your thoughts on Bowes over Florent? Is there any thinking behind that or is it a 50/50 thing.
Bowes is just a much better player imo, was very surprised that the Suns got him at pick 10, should've gone top 5

Jelemas

Quote from: GoLions on March 24, 2017, 02:31:54 PM
Quote from: miamis_finest on March 24, 2017, 02:08:17 PM

Bowes is just a much better player imo, was very surprised that the Suns got him at pick 10, should've gone top 5
Bowes probably has the slightly better JS IMO as well.

GoLions

Ok, don't think I'll be changing my team any more :P

The Swallow late out kinda flowered me a bit, if I had of seen it earlier, I probably would have straight swapped him for McGrath. If I knew about his ankle before the weekend started, then maybe WHE. Anyways, ended up bringing in Kayne Turner, and with the cash upgraded Stef back to Goldy. Next week I'll likely bring Taranto forward for Pickett, and field SPP in the mids, and move one of Simpkin/Bowes/Turner to F7.

Relatively happy with most picks so far, Touk and Howe both went very well as my sorta PODs, and Rocky was goat.

Still have a bit over 50k left as well, which could be useful for corrective trades, although these will likely only be for rookies as I think my premiums have all done enough so far, no alarm bells as of yet there ;D

Currently keeping my eye on McGrath, WHE, Butler, and Houston. Hannan also another but him and Houston I can see possibly losing their spot after a bad game with guys like Pittard and Kent returning in a few weeks or so.

Mat0369

Something tells me I'm going to regret not picking Turner.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
Something tells me I'm going to regret not picking Turner.
You jinxed him! :P

Reckon I'll be holding my trades this week. A lot of people already look like flowering off guys like Taranto, Simpkin, etc. I'll give them another week to show me why I picked them, hopefully they can turn it around. If not, will be looking at a couple of correctional trades next week :)

Torpedo10

GoLions

GoLions

Hmmm so, with Eddy getting dropped it seems, I may need to make a trade this week...

Next week I want WHE. Ideally, I wouldn't want to trade Taranto, and backing him to put up a decent score this weekend. Assuming this happens, I'd be upgrading the worst performer of Bowes, Turner, and Simpkin to WHE. This won't leave me with enough cash though to turn Eddy into someone like Hannan, Butler, or Houston. Soooo, these are probably my options:

Hold trades this week. Turner to WHE next week, and if Simpkin, Pickett, or Parfitt are garbage this week, they get turned into the best looking 117-123k rookie next week.

Eddy to Houston or Hannan this week (probably Houston but not sure tbh). Next week Turner to WHE and as I won't have the cash to do that in one trade, someone like Simpkin would have to make way for Butler or one of Hannan/Houston (whoever I don't take this week). Extra trade used though and there's every chance that one of Simpkin or Turner do well this week, justifying my initial selection.

Hold trades this week. Either pass on WHE next week, or swap Taranto for him, depending on how well Taranto goes this week. Will still be able to make a trade of Eddy or whoever to the best performing cheap rookie.

Any other ideas? A lot of this all depends on how well my rookies go this week as well. The main issue I guess is Eddy getting dropped and WHE looking like a must, and unless I trade someone like Taranto, SPS, JOM...won't be able to get WHE in and trade Eddy out.

Torpedo10

King_Robbo

I'd hold mate- No point making trades after rd1 apart from if you're faced with a donut or an LTI..
Re WHE- I don't think he's a must.. Similar to BKen last year, he's started well and playing a fantasy lucrative role however already you're 100 points behind those who started WHE over a Taranto (for example) and you're burning a trade.. I think it's an ok move but not a 'must'

GoLions

Ahaha shower week, just the 2145. WHE needs to come in.

To do it in one trade, I have to get rid of either Taranto or SPS.

If I want to make 2 trades, then I can trade any 2 of Taranto, SPS, Bowes, Turner. In this scenario, I'd probably be bringing in Butler as well.

What do you guys reckon?