GoLions' SC Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Not much point trading up Swallow to Heppell unless you are desperate for a small point gain.  Swallow potential 100+ avg,  Heppell  105+   therefore on value alone Swallow is better choice.    How many of us believe Heppel is a potential superprem.   If he can have a very good year he is likely to be a 110-115 avg.   For me will generate more points per dollar expended on Swallow.   Best case he ends up M9 with a 105 avg,  Most likely traded out at byes averaging 100 for a superprem.

Money Shot

Quote from: crowls on December 29, 2016, 10:06:18 AM
Not much point trading up Swallow to Heppell unless you are desperate for a small point gain.  Swallow potential 100+ avg,  Heppell  105+   therefore on value alone Swallow is better choice.    How many of us believe Heppel is a potential superprem.   If he can have a very good year he is likely to be a 110-115 avg.   For me will generate more points per dollar expended on Swallow.   Best case he ends up M9 with a 105 avg,  Most likely traded out at byes averaging 100 for a superprem.
I believe Heppell could become a premium with an average around 105-110 which would be enough to be a keeper. Although I'm not starting him as I would rather spend another 75k and get someone like Bont.

GoLions

Quote from: Money Shot on December 29, 2016, 06:23:38 PM
Quote from: crowls on December 29, 2016, 10:06:18 AM
I believe Heppell could become a premium with an average around 105-110 which would be enough to be a keeper. Although I'm not starting him as I would rather spend another 75k and get someone like Bont.
Yeah I reckon Heppell will start slow and maintain his cheap price (if not lose a bit of cash). Second half of the season though, he'll definitely be on my radar.

GoLions

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on December 26, 2016, 02:48:59 AM
:)

HI GL, agree 100% about the returning Bombers. Oops better make that about 85% as I forgot about Myers who I see as a money making gift from the SC Gods to make up for all the times they've screwed me in the past. And love the use of high end rookies for obvious reasons of reality. I think if Sandi plays some pre season and is named Rd.1 he may prove difficult to leave out. Would the new ruck rule favour someone of his enormous stature ?? Will be watching the Torque closely, best of luck mate.      ;)
Haha cheers mate. Yeah I reckon Sandi will make or break our seasons, definitely can still pump out anything from 100-110 in SC, but if he starts slowly or gets injured, then that's gonna be a long time without one of Goldy or Gawn... :-X

GoLions

Surprised at how little fiddling I've done tbh :P

Only changes atm are Brodie down to a rookie (whoever I didn't start with from SPP, SPS, Graham, Clarke I dunno on my phone ahaha), and Bob up to Tmac. Brodie now a downgrade target for later in the year if Rocket is to be believed ;)

GoLions

23k left. Feels a bit weak in the mids, but have gone with basically all top-priced rooks on the field, so once we see which bargain priced rookies will be playing round 1, I should be able to quickly make an easy 200k and probably upgrade Beams to JPK or Sloaney or something.

Probably a bit risky in defence with both key defenders in Rance and Tmac. Rance has been pretty consistent though, and Tmac was huge in the back half of last year. With the Demons on the up, think he can keep up that scoring. Laird definitely the one I'd bring in if I dropped one of these two guys.

Touk locked in the forward line. Macrae I'm tempted to swap for Caddy, just a gut feeling there. Probably won't do it though.

Rookies (or rookie priced players) like Keeffe, Hibberd, Scheer, Taranto, etc all under consideration.

Money Shot

Yeah I reckon you could get an extra 400k when the basement price rookies pop up and make there way into your team which would be enough to get another premium mid.

HoleMeal

Terrific looking team GL.

As stated, a gun Swan mid may be all that's missing, if you were to trade up Beams to avoid the risk.

Nice 1.

Sven

Hard to fault the team really...

Touk Miller is on my watchlist, great POD.

Keep an eye on Goldstein too, has had a restricted pre-season due to an ongoing ankle injury.

Ringo

Nice team to sit GL. SC love Rance usually 20ppg better than AF/DT.

Plenty of scope for fiddling when rookies are finalised,

enzedder

Looks great from the bottom up.
All those high priced rookies fill it well and by R1 could probably afford another major upgrade to strengthen your good work.

GoLions

Quote from: Money Shot on February 06, 2017, 12:49:27 PM
Yeah I reckon you could get an extra 400k when the basement price rookies pop up and make there way into your team which would be enough to get another premium mid.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for, reckon that one extra premo mid would be awesome :)

Quote from: HoleMeal on February 06, 2017, 12:57:17 PM
Terrific looking team GL.

As stated, a gun Swan mid may be all that's missing, if you were to trade up Beams to avoid the risk.

Nice 1.
Cheers mate! Yeah Beams definitely not locked in, will see how he goes throughout the pre-season games. Don't think he'll be playing in the first one though...very good chance I swap him for someone else regardless of whether he lines up round 1 or not :-\

GoLions

Quote from: Sven on February 06, 2017, 01:18:16 PM

Keep an eye on Goldstein too, has had a restricted pre-season due to an ongoing ankle injury.
Yeah been hearing about Goldy, tbh Stef is very tempting. Should be #1 ruck (don't see Archie playing at all really this year, unless Stef gets injured or something), he's underpriced, and has some very good scoring history since coming up to Brisbane.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on February 06, 2017, 01:32:38 PM
Nice team to sit GL. SC love Rance usually 20ppg better than AF/DT.

Plenty of scope for fiddling when rookies are finalised,
Yeah, like Rance. Although may end up with Laird in there instead. We'll see :P

Quote from: enzedder on February 06, 2017, 01:53:18 PM
Looks great from the bottom up.
All those high priced rookies fill it well and by R1 could probably afford another major upgrade to strengthen your good work.
Cheers enzedder, yeah another upgrade in there would be ideal, can't wait to see which rookies emerge in the JLT :)

Sven

Quote from: GoLions on February 10, 2017, 10:33:57 PM
Quote from: Sven on February 06, 2017, 01:18:16 PM

Yeah been hearing about Goldy, tbh Stef is very tempting. Should be #1 ruck (don't see Archie playing at all really this year, unless Stef gets injured or something), he's underpriced, and has some very good scoring history since coming up to Brisbane.

Other thing to consider with Goldy is that he thinks North could have 3 rucks in their side, meaning he'd be sharing the ruck load with BOTH Daw AND Preuss.

http://m.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-03-02/goldstein-backs-tall-trio

Spells danger for SC....