Enzedder's

Started by enzedder, December 04, 2016, 01:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

So I used Ringo's Higginator link...
and had to get rid of Roughead and load up with fwd rookies to get under the cap with about 14k to spare I think.
Fan planner is way out this year. ???
A lot of the rookies listed are expensive options...if there are cheaper rookies available then some re tweaking can occur.
Only way of affording Danger would be to start a different ruck set up. I'm really wanting to start Goldy and Gawn again this year but it does impact my mid/fwd lines as a result. Anyway here tis....

Shaw, Montagna, Laird, Adams, McGrath, Sharenberg (Berry, Ryan)
Pendlebury, Rockliff, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Myers, Brodie, (Powell- Pepper, Freeman, Gallucci)
Gawn, Goldstein (Strnadica)
Dahlhaus, Macrae, Bowes, Ainsworth, Drew, Taranto (W Rioli, Simpkin)

fasttrack13

high quality team (premiums are spot on) , not much to fault! Possibly too light up forward (even if you had roughy) but we will find out the good structures when rookies emerge! Definitely sit on that i think!

Money Shot

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 21, 2016, 06:58:11 PM
high quality team (premiums are spot on) , not much to fault! Possibly too light up forward (even if you had roughy) but we will find out the good structures when rookies emerge! Definitely sit on that i think!
Although it's light on forwards I think that Macrae and Dahlhous are the only safe picks anyways. May as well go big in other lines where you know who the super premiums will be.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Money Shot on December 22, 2016, 09:48:57 AM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 21, 2016, 06:58:11 PM
Although it's light on forwards I think that Macrae and Dahlhous are the only safe picks anyways. May as well go big in other lines where you know who the super premiums will be.

crowls

Interesting team.

Just looks like it is missing something without Danger.    Also opporuting to save money in your backs, minimal benefit in overpaying or paying prem prices for backmen. Think you should limit them to 2 around 500k and swap one of monty, adams for Hibberd.

This will free up cash for you.

PureSwag

Nice team, but looks weird cause your one of the first people that doesn't have danger.

enzedder

First time I've touched my team in over a month and first since SC opened.
In order to fit Danger without losing Gawn, Goldy, Dahl, Macrae...this is what I've come up with...

DEF: Montagna, Laird, D.McKenzie, McGrath, Keefe, Sharenberg (Berry, Ryan)

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Bowes (Powell Pepper, Myers, Freeman)

RUC: Gawn, Goldstein (Strndica)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughhead, Ainsworth, C.Brown, Drew (Long, Eddy)

54k remaining

Defence- Montagna and Laird should both be top10 defenders. McKenzie is the only speculative pick in the team...priced at a 53 average. Might play a defender/ wing role similar to Newnes and will be given opportunities through the midfield too. Watching during pre season (is it still the NAB?)...anyway defence is where you spend less and he's a chance to stay D6 or stepping stone... he's got the tank and ability to do way better than a 53 average that's for sure. McGrath and Keefe seem safe picks as does Sharenberg...if named R1 all 3 will be popular picks.

Mids- Danger, Pendles, Rocky, Bont, Fyfe, Beams are delicious. Not going to take any out unless they are non starters R1... would rather tweak defence, forwards than muck around with these 6. Swallow is too cheap to pass up if he is up and running. Myers is a lock. Freeman, Bowes, Powell Pepper are nice rookie options at this stage.

Rucks- Goldy and Gawn are set and forget...non-negotiable for me. Locked.

Fwds: Dahlhaus is a must have. Macrae looks the second best pick. Money comes into it and Roughead makes others affordable and is a solid F3. Think he is priced well and should score good enough to be a keeper. Other than Lynch I don't like the other expensive options and with Danger and co I can't afford them anyway.

Ringo

Interesting structure but workable - Really only speculative mid pricer is McKenzie.  Defence is weakest line with only 2 prems but risk worth taking given that defenders are usually the lowest scoring players.
15 Keepers if Swallow, Beams and Roughy fire so nicely set.

enzedder

Tried out some different combinations forward/ defence and came up with this...rookie heavy in fwds though. 101k left
DEF: Montagna, Rance, Howe, McGrath, Keefe, Sharenberg (Berry, Ryan)

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Gallucci (Powell Pepper, Myers, Freeman)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Ainsworth, Balic, C.Brown, Drew (Long, Eddy)

TomK

Very solid side, if the rookies in the forward line are as strong when R1 teams are announced as they look now, this structure could definitely pay off allowing a strong midfield like that.

Safer options than Montagna imo but being a Saints man, I'm sure you'll keep him haha.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: enzedder on January 29, 2017, 07:31:58 AM
Tried out some different combinations forward/ defence and came up with this...rookie heavy in fwds though. 101k left

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Gallucci (Powell Pepper, Myers, Freeman)

Nice team, a little light on price, rookie wise, up forward but you have catered for that with your floating 101k. If the rookies selected work out I'd really look at Monty to Docherty. Whilst most think he'll slow down a bit this season I reckon he can still get better. But that's only a personal opinion from someone who has dropped from the top 1000 3 years ago to 14k last year.  Cheers mate.                        :)

Ringo

Just a thought when finalising rookies do not snooker yourself with no DPP. Learnt last year very handy when upgrading/downgrading rookies.
With the structure plenty of rookies should be available those that you have not picked Bolton, McLuggage, Graham, Pickett  and Bowes to name a few,

Southstorm

Structure looks good mate if those forward line rookies come to the party. Could post some big scores early on.

enzedder

Quote from: Southstorm on January 29, 2017, 05:46:27 PM
Structure looks good mate if those forward line rookies come to the party. Could post some big scores early on.
Cheers.
Quote from: Ringo on January 29, 2017, 05:18:41 PM
Just a thought when finalising rookies do not snooker yourself with no DPP. Learnt last year very handy when upgrading/downgrading rookies.
With the structure plenty of rookies should be available those that you have not picked Bolton, McLuggage, Graham, Pickett  and Bowes to name a few,
Thanks mate. Good call.
Before R1 lock in I will make sure I have all my DPP and bye considerations sorted.
Haven't delved deep as yet. ;)
Quote from: TomK on January 29, 2017, 02:35:10 PM
Very solid side, if the rookies in the forward line are as strong when R1 teams are announced as they look now, this structure could definitely pay off allowing a strong midfield like that.

Safer options than Montagna imo but being a Saints man, I'm sure you'll keep him haha.
Haha...yeah there's a part of me that wants to keep him.

enzedder

Quote from: enzedder on January 29, 2017, 07:31:58 AM

Sometimes there's one guy you really want but can't afford. For me it was Treloar.
To afford him I made some tweaks to the above team. Mids look super strong now....but is it giving up too much? too risky? too silly? etc

DEF: Rance, Howe, Murphy, McGrath, Keeffe, Sharenberg (Berry, Ryan)

MID: Danger, Pendlebury, Treloar, Rockcliff, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Gallucci (Powell-Pepper, Myers, Freeman)

RUC: Gawn, Goldstein (Strnadica)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Bennell, Ainsworth, Balic, Brown, Drew (Long, Eddy)

47k remaining...
alternatively 67k if Roughy at F2 instead of Bennell.

Geez, love the mids but might be shooting myself in the foot haha