Season 2: T20 Trophy (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, November 29, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Round 6 Results: This is just ridiculous, read below what's just happened
Group 2:
Q Koalas 288 defeated by T Devils 397
NT Kangaroos 431 defeated ACT Cockatoos 383

I'm starting with Group 2 because Group 1 stole the show this round. The Koalas looked home, I thought they were home, their coach publicly stated they were home, then Tom Cooper's 131 and Sunil Narines doubled 95 happened. And the Devils won. All the Devils needed to do was win to make the top 2, and they made a tough go of it but got there in the end.

That result was expected, but after two days it looked like the Cockatoos and the Kangaroos would find themselves in the finals, but now the loser of this game was going to miss. And it was the Finch-lead Kangaroos that stormed home to win, and take out the game and the group. Onto Group 1....

Group 1:
NSW Platypuses 204 defeated WA Swans 200
V Possums 341 defeated by SA Wombats 457

I have to break this down one game at a time. So NSW just beat WA, really tight game, the first game in D6s history where if the HGA were removed, the result would've changed. Amazingly these were the two lowest scoring teams for the round, but NSW take home the W, and a little bit more as you'll soon see.

The Wombats! The MIGHTY Wombats!! Reeling on 140, 146 behind, and only one extra player to come, this result was done. This result was done before the round started. This was the one result, combined with a NSW victory, I didn't expect to see. But Cam White puts up 54 which gets doubled, and then Benny McDermott goes BANG and scores 134! And to top it off George Bailey gets 75 and the Wombats get a W to end the tournament. But there was something bigger that it did, scroll down to find out.

Manager of the Week: fantcfool
Team of the Week: SA Wombats

Nope, it wasn't this, but ftc will take home the MOTW award (I will run with that caretaker coach getting the accolades idea, so willing to change the last round to remove Pk). He owes Ben McDermott and George Bailey for that!

HGA
NSW: 26 (+6)
WA: 26 (-4)
TAS: 46 (+6)
NT: 36 (+6)

Ladder

Do you see it now? It's not just ftc that is loving the work of Ben McDermott, Scrads has stumbled into 2nd place at the expense of the Possums!! Absolutely incredible stuff. The Kangaroos just scrape into the first seed by a fine % margin, and the Devils are there too.

Round 6 Fixtures
WA Swans vs T Devils
NT Kangaroos vs NSW Platypuses
Hurricanes Bye; Stars Double

5th place: V Possums
6th Place: ACT Cockatoos
7th Place: SA Wombats
8th Place: Q Koalas

So that gives us the matchups. The two Group A reps are yet to win a title, the two Group B reps have won a title each (NT the defending T20 champs). No surprises which two teams I'm cheering on for the sake of having 5 different winners ;) Finals start on the 14th January, make sure you get your teams in and please don't forget to name players that could play (R.Griff, Torp). Every point will count! Good luck all, and for the other 4 teams, turn your attention back to the last few FC Shield rounds :(

Seriously though, my head is still shaking in disbelief over what has just happened...

Round 6 Scores:
NSW Platypuses:
Luke Wright - 9
Callum Ferguson - 15
Jonathon Wells - 24
Jake Lehmann - DNP
Alex Carey - DNP
Ashton Agar - 136
Shaun Tait - DNP
Nick Winter - DNP
HGA - 20
[Bench: Chris Lynn DNP, Adam Zampa DNP, Craig Simmons DNP]
Total = 204

WA Swans:
Ben Dunk - 172
Marnus Labuschagne - DNP
Tim Ludeman - 26
Samuel Badree - DNP
James Muirhead - DNP
James Pattinson - 2
blank
blank
[Bench: Tom Andrews DNP, Cam Valente DNP]
Total = 200

V Possums:
Michael Klinger - 113
Beau Webster - 0
Kevin Pietersen - 64
Pete Handscomb - 29
Jimmy Peirson - 2
Dan Christian - 38
Ashton Turner - 46
Chris Tremain - DNP Michael Beer 17
HGA - 32
[Bench: Michael Beer 17, Jake Weatherald 23, Marcus Stoinis 34]
Total = 341

SA Wombats:
Cameron White - 108
Shaun Marsh - 8
George Bailey - 75
Kelvin Smith - 2
Tom Beaton - DNP
Ben McDermott - 134
Jack Wildermuth - 65
Mitch Swepson - 65
[Bench: Peter Siddle DNP, Alex Doolan DNP, Dwayne Bravo DNP]
Total = 457

Q Koalas:
Joe Burns - 46
Ian Bell - 14
Nathan Reardon 24
Sam Whiteman - 12
Simon Milenko - DNP Jonathon Dean 20
Ben Laughlin - 91
Cameron Boyce - 7
Mark Steketee - 74
HGA - 0
[Bench: blank, Jonathon Dean 39, Sam Heazlett 20]
Total = 288

T Devils:
Dave Hussey - 39
Tom Cooper - 131
Ben Cutting - 22
Matt Short - DNP
Brendon McCullum - 15
Sunil Narine - 190
blank
blank
[Bench: Jason Floros DNP]
Total = 397

NT Kangaroos:
Aaron Finch - 166
Rob Quiney - 63
Dom Michael - DNP
Kumar Sangakarra - DNP Cam Bancroft 12
Stuart Broad - 18
D'arcy Short - 51
Hilton Cartwright - 13
Mitch Johnson - 78
HGA - 30
[Bench: Cam Bancroft 12, Luke Feldman DNP, Peter Forrest DNP]
Total = 431

ACT Cockatoos:
Brad Hodge - 34
Alex Ross - 39
Keiron Pollard - 17
Evan Gulbis - 37
Tim Paine - 12
Brad Hogg - 46
Andrew Tye - 101
Scott Boland - 97
[Bench: Adam Voges DNP, Nathan Rimmington DNP, Peter Nevill 0]
Total = 383

Scrads

UNREAL.

Long live the Platypuses ;) big thanks to Benny McDermott for that monster! Haha.

R.Griffen

My game wasn't even close ;) I won by 100+ haha

fanTCfool

Alright, I'm happy now, got a singular win thanks to Mighty Ben McDermott  8)
And Scrads, you're welcome! I think we both owe Benny one  ;D

PowerBug

This also means that the run of 4 straight finals appearances for the Q Koalas has ended. They were the only team to have featured in all finals series up until this point. Every team has now missed the 4 in at least once. SA Wombats are the only team who are yet to have a top 4 finish (6, 8, 6, 7, 7 their finishing spots)

We also have a chance for BratPack and NT to make it 2/2 T20 Trophies. Also a chance for R.Griff and the Devils to make it 2 titles in Season 2 (And they currently sit 4th in FC so the perfect season is still a chance!)

Nige

flower that, flower everything. Best team in the comp by a flowering mile and we get shafted mega hard because worse teams somehow get impossibly lucky and pull something out of their arse. What a flowering joke.

BratPack

Quote from: Nige on January 13, 2017, 08:03:50 AM
flower that, flower everything. Best team in the comp by a flowering mile and we get shafted mega hard because worse teams somehow get impossibly lucky and pull something out of their arse. What a flowering joke.

Best team my arse. Did YOUR team get past 3000 points for in the prelim rounds? I think not  :P

fanTCfool

It wasn't even that lucky, anything more than 19 from McDermott and we'd have won. A little more respect for a team missing three international stars. We're not even that bad, just happen to have 400 extra points against than any other team.

Nige

Quote from: BratPack on January 13, 2017, 08:32:27 AM
Quote from: Nige on January 13, 2017, 08:03:50 AM

Best team my arse. Did YOUR team get past 3000 points for in the prelim rounds? I think not  :P
So maybe I'm a tad upset and I'm exaggerating a few things... :P

Torpedo10

We scored the 3rd most points so we are fully entitled to be here. Although I'm salty we lost by 4 points.

Bring on the Devils!

R.Griffen

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 13, 2017, 09:45:06 AM
We scored the 3rd most points so we are fully entitled to be here. Although I'm salty we lost by 4 points.

Bring on the Devils!
Lucky you were in the "easy" other group. Wouldn't have made it out the other one ;)

With no BMac I might be in a bit of trouble

PowerBug

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 13, 2017, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 13, 2017, 09:45:06 AM

Bring on the Devils!
Lucky you were in the "easy" other group. Wouldn't have made it out the other one ;)

With no BMac I might be in a bit of trouble
You say easy but I think you'll find Group A scored more points!

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2017, 12:55:46 AM
Q Koalas 288 defeated by T Devils 397
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Something to talk about for next season, only name six players on the field for all comps. Just to be consistent and to stop me just naming 6 players like I did 2 or 3 times before noticing and changing it  :P

PowerBug

Semi Final Progress Scores: 1/4
WA Swans:
Nic Maddinson - 7
Ben Dunk - TP [x2]
Marnus Labuschagne - TP
Tim Ludeman - TP
Chris Green - 62
Samuel Badree - TP
James Pattinson - TP
Wes Agar - TP
HGA - 26
[Bench: Cam Valente TP, Tom Andrews TP]
Total = 95 [6 + C to play]

T Devils:
Dave Hussey - TP + TP
Tom Cooper - TP
Daniel Hughes - 20
Ben Cutting - TP
Moises Henriques - 13
Jay Lenton - 0
Sunil Narine - TP
Ben Hilfenhaus - TP + TP [x2]
[Bench: Brendan McCullum TP, Jason Floros TP, Cameron Gannon TP + TP]
Total = 33 [7 + 2C to play]

NT Kangaroos:
Aaron Finch - TP
Rob Quiney - TP + TP [x2]
Cam Bancroft - TP
Sean Abbott - 54
Ben Dwarshius - 19
Mitch Johnson - TP
Clint McKay - TP
Blank Fawad Ahmed 113
HGA - 36
[Bench: Fawad Ahmed 113, Hilton Cartwright TP, Ryan Carters DNP]
Total = 222 [6 + 2C to play]

NSW Platypuses:
Luke Wright - TP + TP [x2]
Callum Ferguson - TP
Kurtis Patterson - 78
Jake Lehmann - TP
Brad Haddin - 4
Shane Watson - 57
Ashton Agar - TP
Doug Bollinger - DNP
[Bench: Alex Carey TP, Nathan Coulter-Nile TP]
Total = 139 [5 + 2C to play]

Early signs are pointing towards a NT vs TAS final.

Torpedo10