Season 2: T20 Trophy (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, November 29, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Group 1
Round 1 [20th December]
WA Swans vs NSW Platypuses
SA Wombats vs V Possums

Round 2 [26th December]
NSW Platypuses vs SA Wombats
V Possums vs WA Swans

Round 3 [29th December]
WA Swans vs SA Wombats
V Possums vs NSW Platypuses

Round 4 [2nd January 2017]
SA Wombats vs WA Swans
NSW Platypuses vs V Possums

Round 5 [6th January]
SA Wombats vs NSW Platypuses
WA Swans vs V Possums

Round 6 [10th January]
NSW Platypuses vs WA Swans
V Possums vs SA Wombats

Group 2
Round 1 [20th December]
T Devils vs Q Koalas
ACT Cockatoos vs NT Kangaroos

Round 2 [26th December]
Q Koalas vs ACT Cockatoos
NT Kangaroos vs T Devils

Round 3 [29th December]
T Devils vs ACT Cockatoos
NT Kangaroos vs Q Koalas

Round 4 [2nd January 2017]
ACT Cockatoos vs T Devils
Q Koalas vs NT Kangaroos

Round 5 [6th January]
ACT Cockatoos vs Q Koalas
T Devils vs NT Kangaroos

Round 6 [10th January]
Q Koalas vs T Devils
NT Kangaroos vs ACT Cockatoos

Round 7 [14th January]
Semi Final 1: 1st Group 1 vs 2nd Group 2
Semi Final 2: 1st Group 2 vs 2nd Group 1

Round 8 [18th January]
Winner Semi Final 1 vs Winner Semi 2*

*HGA for the Grand Final will be based on group finishing position. If both teams finished in the same position in their respective groups then the highest total score from the 6 group stage rounds will earn the home ground advantage.

Cricket Australia Fixtures: (Colour co-ordinated too!)
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,107906.0.html

PowerBug

Starting HGA:
SA: 24
VIC: 22
NSW: 10
WA: 10

TAS: 30
ACT: 22
NT: 20
QLD: 18

Scrads

So I was trying to work out why I was equal last in HGA for this comp despite being 5th on the First Class table. Now I see it, I'm I'm a group with all the strong teams! :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on December 09, 2016, 06:06:15 PM
So I was trying to work out why I was equal last in HGA for this comp despite being 5th on the First Class table. Now I see it, I'm I'm a group with all the strong teams! :P
Nah was your finishing position in the OD Cup which gives you the low starting point :\

Quote from: Section 9.3
- The following HGA points will be awarded for each position in the two comps: 1st - 20, 2nd - 16, 3rd - 12, 4th - 10, 5th - 8, 6th - 6, 7th - 4, 8th - 2
So 8th and 5th for you guys which equals 10 points. HGA is capped at 0 and 50 and obviously only applied when a team is at home.

Always willing to alter things for future seasons if a better method is thought of :) Maybe use the previous season of T20 instead of the OD Cup results?

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on December 09, 2016, 06:10:07 PM
Nah was your finishing position in the OD Cup which gives you the low starting point :\

Quote from: Section 9.3
- The following HGA points will be awarded for each position in the two comps: 1st - 20, 2nd - 16, 3rd - 12, 4th - 10, 5th - 8, 6th - 6, 7th - 4, 8th - 2
So 8th and 5th for you guys which equals 10 points. HGA is capped at 0 and 50 and obviously only applied when a team is at home.

Always willing to alter things for future seasons if a better method is thought of :) Maybe use the previous season of T20 instead of the OD Cup results?

Okay I was way off then haha. Didn't even realise I did that bad in the OD cup! :(

BratPack

I was trying to figure out why I was 3rd in my group despite being defending champions  :P

BratPack

Hey PB, are we getting a PM on the positions of the players we bought in the auction when it closes?

PowerBug

Quote from: BratPack on December 15, 2016, 10:17:29 PM
Hey PB, are we getting a PM on the positions of the players we bought in the auction when it closes?
Isn't it in the OP of the auction thread? ;)

BratPack

Quote from: PowerBug on December 15, 2016, 10:59:38 PM
Quote from: BratPack on December 15, 2016, 10:17:29 PM
Isn't it in the OP of the auction thread? ;)

You expect me to read the OP?  :P

PowerBug

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108245.0.html - Team Submission thread

Final notes:
- It's rolling lockout
- You need to name eight players (contrary to the name D6s), minimum one in each position.
- There are DGWs and byes each week the CA Fixtures thread is colour coded for you

Nige

Ryan Gibson for 2k looking like a great value buy! 8)

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nige on December 20, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Ryan Gibson for 2k looking like a great value buy! 8)
Just what I was thinking. Really should've persevered with him! Well done.

Nige

fanTCfool

Quote from: Nige on December 20, 2016, 09:46:44 PM
Gibbo with 53 on debut, not bad!

Qualified for an 8 point bonus thanks to a decent strike rate, very nice debut with fielding to come.

PowerBug

Considering he plays for the Blues a bit, if I had a spare spot I'd have chased after him for sure.