Started by j959, November 03, 2016, 05:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf123

Starting to think we are tanking, why is foote still in the team and Newman not

Capper

Quote from: Gandalf123 on April 20, 2017, 09:18:17 PM
Dont they play different roles??

Newman off HB and Foote off HF and mids.

Rohan in for Newman looking at the ins

Gandalf123

Quote from: Capper on April 20, 2017, 11:29:40 PM
Quote from: Gandalf123 on April 20, 2017, 09:18:17 PM
Dont they play different roles??

Newman off HB and Foote off HF and mids.

Rohan in for Newman looking at the ins

Surely you can push jones in and play Newman back? Foote is useless, Newman is stiff

Capper

Yes, would prefer to play Newman back and Jones in the mids but only because i have them both in my teams

My Chumps

Almost reckon Horse threw the game last week, kept Newman out to avoid fatigue issues for the upcoming run of 5 games and avoided playing Brandon Jack despite his amazing NEAFL form because he didn't want his confidence ruined in a baptism of fire against the Giants. Carlton a far more enticing prospect to be playing your first AFL game in a while, hopefully he rakes in a fair few touches.

Honestly we gotta win the next five. And I reckon we absolutely can. Being 5-5 into the bye would have us in the hunt for finals.

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves on recent form. I'm heading to the game this weekend and had a terrible dream where we went down by two points haha. Let's just get one on the board this Saturday

Capper

Wouldnt be surprised if BJ keeps Kiz out of his spot for the rest of the year. Has been playing well in the 2s for a while.

I dont know if fatigue would have been an issue for Newman as he played the 2s last week.

Vinny

Can one of you Swans' boys explain the go with Hanners at the moment? I know he is kicking into gear slowly but is his role any different to last year or was it/is it just a rough patch of form? Anyone stealing midfield time on him etc.

Basically wondering if you expect him to return to the fantasy levels of last year at some point.

Cheers gents,

Capper

Quote from: Vinny on April 28, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
Can one of you Swans' boys explain the go with Hanners at the moment? I know he is kicking into gear slowly but is his role any different to last year or was it/is it just a rough patch of form? Anyone stealing midfield time on him etc.

Basically wondering if you expect him to return to the fantasy levels of last year at some point.

Cheers gents,
Its not just Hanners that has started slowly. We had 4 mids in the top 20 and have none currently. JPK highest at 25 and then Lloyd at 39, PArker at 46, Hanners at 51. The whole team needs to lift

I expect the boys to turn it around pretty quickly after a shocking start to the season.

Hanners last 3 games has given us a 112, 95 and 112 all in losses so he has improved.

Hawka

Capper

Toga

Quote from: Capper on May 08, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
Quote from: Hawka on May 08, 2017, 12:15:22 PM
Does Budwig get a week or 2?
For what??

I assume the chin candy on Nick Robertson. Doubt it's worthy of a suspension though.

GoLions

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2017, 01:52:11 PM
For what??

I assume the chin candy on Nick Robertson. Doubt it's worthy of a suspension though.
Nah, give him a few weeks imho

Capper

Quote from: GoLions on May 08, 2017, 02:49:32 PM
Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2017, 01:52:11 PM
For what??

Nah, give him a few weeks imho
He got the free kick though

$1000 each

My Chumps

Not even a fine.

Well we gotta start somewhere. It was 7 rounds later than I expected but it's a start. Let's just honour the age old cliche and attack the season one game at a time, play the footy we can and see what happens.

Capper

Ins & outs will be interesting this week. Tippett, Rooster need to get through training to put their hand up. Cameron and Newman were in the best in the 2s