Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: nas on March 07, 2017, 07:00:02 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 07, 2017, 05:44:44 PM
Quote from: Capper on March 07, 2017, 04:49:02 PM
I want to talk about HEENEY!!!!

Surely you mean?
Who's Isaac been kissing??!   ;)

What's happened to Nic Newman?? What's Horse playing at??

Capper

the AFL had a go at naming the R1 team

SYDNEY v Port Adelaide, SCG, Saturday, March 25, 4.35pm AEDT

B: Nick Smith, Heath Grundy, Dane Rampe
HB: Callum Mills, Aliir Aliir, Jake Lloyd
C: Dan Robinson, Josh Kennedy, Dan Hannebery
HF: George Hewett, Sam Reid, Dean Towers
F: Kurt Tippett, Lance Franklin, Kieren Jack
Foll: Sam Naismith, Luke Parker, Zak Jones
I/C: Jeremy Laidler, Darcy Cameron, Harrison Marsh, Oliver Florent

New faces: Darcy Cameron, Oliver Florent

Missing with injury/suspension: Isaac Heeney (glandular fever, TBC), Jarrad McVeigh (calf, 3-4 weeks), Tom Papley (knee, 1 week), Gary Rohan (back, 1 week)

Notes: Cameron's inclusion allows the Swans to use Tippett primarily as a deep forward to stretch Port in defence, while Florent has shown his speed can have a huge impact inside 50. Robinson takes Heeney's spot in the 18 because he finds plenty of footy and uses it well, and Laidler wins a spot ahead of rookie Lewis Melican and draftee Jack Maibaum purely on experience. Lloyd and Jones are interchangeable and Marsh is extremely versatile, so is very handy off the bench. - Adam Curley

Capper

I dont think we can play Tippett, Naismith, Reid, Buddy and Cameron. Cameron out for Cunningham

The inclusion of Marsh allows Lloyd and Mills top spend time in the mids.

Kiz also may miss due to injury

Gandalf123

Quote from: Capper on March 14, 2017, 06:48:38 PM
I dont think we can play Tippett, Naismith, Reid, Buddy and Cameron. Cameron out for Cunningham

The inclusion of Marsh allows Lloyd and Mills top spend time in the mids.

Kiz also may miss due to injury

Yeah too many bigs for mine, I'd say it's on the money with Cunningham out for Cameron! Hope kiz gets up

GoLions

Hey fellas, what's the dealio with Darcy Cameron? Will he come back into the side once his finger is all good, or do you guys see him playing NEAFL and only coming in if one of the big men goes down? Tossing up between him and Strnadica for R3 :P

Cheers :)

Gandalf123

Quote from: GoLions on March 25, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
Hey fellas, what's the dealio with Darcy Cameron? Will he come back into the side once his finger is all good, or do you guys see him playing NEAFL and only coming in if one of the big men goes down? Tossing up between him and Strnadica for R3 :P

Probably a bit late for ya, but after today I see a few with the axe hovering over there head

Gigantor

Quote from: Gandalf123 on March 26, 2017, 12:02:31 AM

Probably a bit late for ya, but after today I see a few with the axe hovering over there head

The four big guys, Buddy, Tipp, Naismith and Reid all played well so I don't see how Cameron gets a gig

Capper

Quote from: Gigantor on March 26, 2017, 12:31:39 AM
Quote from: Gandalf123 on March 26, 2017, 12:02:31 AM

The four big guys, Buddy, Tipp, Naismith and Reid all played well so I don't see how Cameron gets a gig
Yeah he is cover. we needed help in the engine room. Towers, Robinson, Marsh out for Rose, Edwards, Aliir and maybe foote for Newman

Gandalf123

Rampe broken arm at training, out for at least a month, flower me

j959

Quote from: Gandalf123 on March 27, 2017, 03:36:02 PM
flower!

what happened against PTA??
I couldn't see the game (joys of parenthood) - at first I thought we took 'em too easy but other mates said Swans just got run off the park??!!  :o  :P   :-X

Horse will not be happy ...  ;)

Gandalf123

Quote from: j959 on March 27, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: Gandalf123 on March 27, 2017, 03:36:02 PM
flower!

what happened against PTA??
I couldn't see the game (joys of parenthood) - at first I thought we took 'em too easy but other mates said Swans just got run off the park??!!  :o  :P   :-X

Horse will not be happy ...  ;)

beaten out our own game basically? harder and tougher, need a bounce back in a big way this Friday night

j959

ok, have switched over from "pre-season" to "season 2017" ...  ;)

yeasss! this ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-28/swan-isaac-heeney-on-the-mend-could-face-pies-

fingers crossed!  :-X   8)   ;)

Capper

not happy that we are 0-2 but 4 rookie players have now had game time and look really good. Cameron will come R3 for Tippett  and that will make 5

We will be fine

Mat0369

Will it be Cameron or Sinclair.

The Swans have been amazing at blooding new guys the last couple of years and having them make immediate contributions.

SydneyRox

think cameron will be in the box seat. he has played more JLT and done well, not sure how many games sinclair has played as well to call his match fitness

So impressed with the young guys last week, Haywood and Newman in particular were very, good, florent and fox also did some good things.

Reids form is just fantastic as well, having him play in the ruck wasn't ideal, and most likely cost us the game in the end.

Rampe, Tippett, Heeney, papley, rohan and McVeigh all still to come back into the team.

If the Dogs can win it from 7th, then so can we, losing a couple of early ones isnt a real issue.