AXVs 2018 Rule Discussion

Started by Ricochet, September 16, 2016, 05:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

2018 is waaaay off but if you have any thoughts on old rules or ideas on some new ones (good or bad!) chuck them down here throughout the year.

The Mods can only put them to vote if they know about them

PowerBug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2016, 05:21:23 PM
2018 is waaaay off but if you have any thoughts on old rules or ideas on some new ones (good or bad!) chuck them down here throughout the year.

The Mods can only put them to vote if they know about them
Good idea. Especially as things like your draft idea is a good one but would've been incorrectly implemented post season (much like if the AFL took away the Bombers pick 1 this year). If we find a system that works then a better equalisation system can be found.

Also things like, removing rookie lists, changing list movement caps need to be discussed a year in advance :)

Rids

I want to suggest something in regards to the trade approval process. I would like the below to be considered for next off-season.

All trades are initially approved. There is however a 24 hour window from when the trade has been confirmed where people have an opportunity to message T Dog and express their concerns with the trade. If 6 people (up for discussion) do this within the 24 hour period then the trade goes for a vote where all coaches vote on the trade to pass or fail.

This would hopefully promote more participation on the AXV threads with people having to log in daily to check out the trades. If they don't then obviously their opinion on the trade won't be heard. The current process is too subjective and opinionated. Coaches would also then also know that their trades have passed or failed in an appropriate timeframe instead of what is occurring presently.

PowerBug

Maybe 48 hr timeframe is better as it is offseason. Idea is okay I think something similar has been used before though (not sure if it was AXV) and issues arose from people not saying they have a problem until after the deadline when the people that did say something would mention it on the forums and then those other people will agree with the comments (make sense?)

nas

Quote from: Rids on September 19, 2016, 09:00:31 AM
I want to suggest something in regards to the trade approval process. I would like the below to be considered for next off-season.

All trades are initially approved. There is however a 24 hour window from when the trade has been confirmed where people have an opportunity to message T Dog and express their concerns with the trade. If 6 people (up for discussion) do this within the 24 hour period then the trade goes for a vote where all coaches vote on the trade to pass or fail.

This would hopefully promote more participation on the AXV threads with people having to log in daily to check out the trades. If they don't then obviously their opinion on the trade won't be heard. The current process is too subjective and opinionated. Coaches would also then also know that their trades have passed or failed in an appropriate timeframe instead of what is occurring presently.

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 09:54:17 AM
Maybe 48 hr timeframe is better as it is offseason. Idea is okay I think something similar has been used before though (not sure if it was AXV) and issues arose from people not saying they have a problem until after the deadline when the people that did say something would mention it on the forums and then those other people will agree with the comments (make sense?)

Myself think that the 24 hour time frame would be better, but even the 48 hour time frame would be ok. The last trade confirm / rejection both were on the 12/09. There has been 9 trades posted since.

**Note** Having said that, realise that people have other commitments as well. Not everything revolves around this.

Agree with the 6 people that vote within the 24 hour time frame, & then to send the said trade out to vote.

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 09:54:17 AM

I personally think that the participation factor for AXV is dead. If it was 24 hours then it would make people log on more frequently.

Quote from: nas on September 19, 2016, 10:23:25 AM

Myself think that the 24 hour time frame would be better, but even the 48 hour time frame would be ok. The last trade confirm / rejection both were on the 12/09. There has been 9 trades posted since.

**Note** Having said that, realise that people have other commitments as well. Not everything revolves around this.

Agree with the 6 people that vote within the 24 hour time frame, & then to send the said trade out to vote.

I get it if people have other priorities etc but the admins have been on multiple times in this timeframe. I have been in the situation of being a mod previously for other sites and groups and have struggled for time to fulfil the associated responsibilities. It is a simple case of if there isn't enough time then to speak up and others either take over or assist. This is not criticism of the current mods at all but rather stating the obvious.

Atm there is no rookie draft and no delistings threads. None of the usual tidy up for the 2016 season has occurred either. Trades haven't been ruled on for a long time and there is no transparency on the current process. At the end of the day people cannot expect there to be activity in the comp if there is no structure and organisation.

nostradamus

All of the above comments are right on the money.

AXV is a great comp, has a great scoring system and there are alot of really committed of passionate coaches involed. If need be I'm sure there'd be more than enough people ready to step up and fill any void.

PowerBug

Quote from: nostradamus on September 19, 2016, 10:57:17 AM

AXV is a great comp, has a great scoring system and there are alot of really committed of passionate coaches involed. If need be I'm sure there'd be more than enough people ready to step up and fill any void.
No that's not true, because we got new mods this season. They were the only ones to apply I believe. They are doing as well as they can but no one else has the time to take over or duties because it was recently advertised!!

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 11:40:03 AM

No that's not true, because we got new mods this season. They were the only ones to apply I believe. They are doing as well as they can but no one else has the time to take over or duties because it was recently advertised!!

I think that things have changed now with personal circumstances. I know that I am more than willing to help out now if required.

Ricochet

Don't mind it Rids. Especially with it creating more activity
Only concern would be

If we have a week where a lot of coaches are inactive then some howlers may slip through.

Maybe trades are still ruled on by admins but if enough coaches disagree then the trade can then be put to vote?

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 19, 2016, 11:51:49 AM
Only concern would be

If we have a week where a lot of coaches are inactive then some howlers may slip through.

Maybe trades are still ruled on by admins but if enough coaches disagree then the trade can then be put to vote?

We use this system in EXV where all trades are initially approved. I think that it needs to be a common sense approach however. The definition of howler is subjective imo. I think the Lyons trade that has been approved is a howler personally but the next guy might disagree and think it is fair. At least this way it promotes more discussion and coach activity. I know personally that I am usually online once a day every day. I get it that people might be away for periods of time but then they should be using their assistants etc.

The comp really needs people becoming active again otherwise it will die a slow death.

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on September 19, 2016, 11:58:25 AM
Only concern would be

We use this system in EXV where all trades are initially approved. I think that it needs to be a common sense approach however. The definition of howler is subjective imo. I think the Lyons trade that has been approved is a howler personally but the next guy might disagree and think it is fair. At least this way it promotes more discussion and coach activity. I know personally that I am usually online once a day every day. I get it that people might be away for periods of time but then they should be using their assistants etc.

The comp really needs people becoming active again otherwise it will die a slow death.
I agree, we need to change something to promote activity.

I know you don't agree with it (and your reasons are solid too), but getting all coaches to vote on all trades works in worlds.

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 19, 2016, 12:01:51 PM
Quote from: Rids on September 19, 2016, 11:58:25 AM
Only concern would be

I agree, we need to change something to promote activity.

I know you don't agree with it (and your reasons are solid too), but getting all coaches to vote on all trades works in worlds.

I dont necessarily agree with having every trade being voted on. I think the majority of people know when a trade is fair and when one is not. The simple ones should just be approved and processed within the stated timeframes. Otherwise we are waiting for people to log on to vote which might take longer than desired.

Anyways, hopefully people jump on and share their views. It is important everyone gets involved to better the comp.

nas

Quote from: Rids on September 19, 2016, 11:46:27 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 11:40:03 AM

I think that things have changed now with personal circumstances. I know that I am more than willing to help out now if required.

With this being my last week @ work, also have more time on my hands if needed to help. Annual trip coming up, but always have access. Having time off work for a while.

nrich102

Im not against every trade being voted on, but I don't think its really necessary. I think a 48 hour time frame to raise concerns will work with trades being initially approved is good, but think admin should have some veto power.