Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: Rids on March 27, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:58:13 PM
Quote from: nas on March 27, 2017, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:46:30 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 27, 2017, 06:36:39 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:27:54 PM
Should we maybe wait until the end of the season before we vote on rule changes? People's opinions often change during the season over these kind of rules.

Also, I believe that we should only be allowing one vote per club, rather than coach. It seems unfair that teams with co-coaches get two votes regarding how the rule change potentially impacts their team.

what?? never knew this was the case. That isnt very fair.
In the past I believe we've only had one vote per team, but in the pm nas sent out he mentioned 20 coaches voting including co-coaches.

IMO, some of the rules need to be in place prior to the start of the trading / drafts so that we're ready to go. Some can be held off till later when the season is completed.

Yes, should & will be 1 vote per team. Would expect the teams that share the duties vote accordingly & submit 1 vote for their team.

The 20 PM's were sent so that to promote discussion between them. My mistake to not include wording for 1 vote per team.
I still don't see the point in voting on 2018 rules after round 1 of 2017. We can vote towards the end of the season if need be, but there will be coaches who change their minds on some things between now and then.

If thy change their minds and enough agree then we can just do a re-vote.

It is always nice to get things addressed nice and early. I don't see any issue in voting early and addressing things then when they come up.

Not a fan of re-voting in the same year on the same thing tbh, i think once a matter is voted on it should be kept until the next when you can then revote again. Having said that i dont really mind when the voting happens :P

Rids

Quote from: iZander on March 27, 2017, 10:45:06 PM
Should we maybe wait until the end of the season before we vote on rule changes? People's opinions often change during the season over these kind of rules.

Also, I believe that we should only be allowing one vote per club, rather than coach. It seems unfair that teams with co-coaches get two votes regarding how the rule change potentially impacts their team.

In the past I believe we've only had one vote per team, but in the pm nas sent out he mentioned 20 coaches voting including co-coaches.

IMO, some of the rules need to be in place prior to the start of the trading / drafts so that we're ready to go. Some can be held off till later when the season is completed.

Yes, should & will be 1 vote per team. Would expect the teams that share the duties vote accordingly & submit 1 vote for their team.

The 20 PM's were sent so that to promote discussion between them. My mistake to not include wording for 1 vote per team.
I still don't see the point in voting on 2018 rules after round 1 of 2017. We can vote towards the end of the season if need be, but there will be coaches who change their minds on some things between now and then.

It is always nice to get things addressed nice and early. I don't see any issue in voting early and addressing things then when they come up.

Not a fan of re-voting in the same year on the same thing tbh, i think once a matter is voted on it should be kept until the next when you can then revote again. Having said that i dont really mind when the voting happens :P

It would only be a re-vote if people changed their mind 180 degrees which would be very unlikely anyways. The fact is we just move forward and keep tinkering these rule changes while people are active and get AXV back to where it once was.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on March 27, 2017, 10:51:11 PM
Quote from: iZander on March 27, 2017, 10:45:06 PM

It would only be a re-vote if people changed their mind 180 degrees which would be very unlikely anyways. The fact is we just move forward and keep tinkering these rule changes while people are active and get AXV back to where it once was.

May as well do the voting later if people can change there mind anytime though? I mean it wont actually be locked in that way anyway

upthemaidens

Though I don't care when the vote is.
  I do think that if someone comes up with proposal rule change during the season, we should still be able to send it to a vote before the season ends.

Whether that's already the case or not I don't know, just thought I'd mention it.

PowerBug

Can I suggest a Leadership Group proposal to add to the list? Like what there is in Worlds :)

SydneyRox

Quote from: PowerBug on March 27, 2017, 11:03:44 PM
Can I suggest a Leadership Group proposal to add to the list? Like what there is in Worlds :)

for non worlds people, whats this?

Ricochet

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 28, 2017, 04:19:39 PM

QuoteLeadership Group

19. In the week leading up to the first round of the season, each team must nominate 5 players on their list to form their leadership group. The Captain, Vice-Captain or Co-Captain's you select on any given game, MUST come from this group.

19a. During the mid-season bye (Representative Round), you are able to update your leadership group.

19b. If a player in your leadership group suffers a long term injury, you are able to promote another player in their place. However, should that player recover, he will resume his place in the leadership group at the expense of his replacement.

19c. Some leniency may be given under certain circumstances to allow for a captaincy selection outside of the leadership group. E.g. If all 5 members of a leadership have been seriously under-performing, and other players in your team have unexpectedly been scoring magnificently, you may be granted to choose a player outside of the leadership, but only in a co-captain capacity. All requests for leniency should be sent via PM to the Administrator, and they will have the final call.

nas

Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2017, 04:35:52 PM

QuoteLeadership Group

19. In the week leading up to the first round of the season, each team must nominate 5 players on their list to form their leadership group. The Captain, Vice-Captain or Co-Captain's you select on any given game, MUST come from this group.

19a. During the mid-season bye (Representative Round), you are able to update your leadership group.

19b. If a player in your leadership group suffers a long term injury, you are able to promote another player in their place. However, should that player recover, he will resume his place in the leadership group at the expense of his replacement.

19c. Some leniency may be given under certain circumstances to allow for a captaincy selection outside of the leadership group. E.g. If all 5 members of a leadership have been seriously under-performing, and other players in your team have unexpectedly been scoring magnificently, you may be granted to choose a player outside of the leadership, but only in a co-captain capacity. All requests for leniency should be sent via PM to the Administrator, and they will have the final call.

Will add this to the rule change for the 2018 season. Would say re 19a would start of the 1st bye round be right for the updating of the teams leadership group? Also maintaining 19b & 19c?

PowerBug

Only trouble with 19c is that I don't think we have any independent admin. Should just make it 6 players and only way to replace them is for LTIs. Captains can have bad years so I personally don't like 19c.

Ricochet

Quote from: nas on March 29, 2017, 10:22:04 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2017, 04:35:52 PM

QuoteLeadership Group

Will add this to the rule change for the 2018 season. Would say re 19a would start of the 1st bye round be right for the updating of the teams leadership group? Also maintaining 19b & 19c?
Yep 1st bye would be about right imo

Quote from: PowerBug on March 29, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
Only trouble with 19c is that I don't think we have any independent admin. Should just make it 6 players and only way to replace them is for LTIs. Captains can have bad years so I personally don't like 19c.
And agree

Rids

I would like to raise the question about playing the bye rounds post 2017 season to be discussed.

I am not fussed either way but think it would be good to be discussed anyways.

nas

Quote from: Rids on June 07, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
I would like to raise the question about playing the bye rounds post 2017 season to be discussed.

It's there in the proposal for the rule changes for 2018, rule discussion no 8. Awaiting for some coaches to reply for number 2, that has been sent out.

SydneyRox

Quote from: nas on June 07, 2017, 02:37:21 PM

It's there in the proposal for the rule changes for 2018, rule discussion no 8. Awaiting for some coaches to reply for number 2, that has been sent out.

What? Really?? That was like two months ago??

I replied right.......  :-\  ???  :o

PowerBug

Also, if we do stop bye rounds, then it has to be all bye rounds, not just the multi byes. (Say the China game happens at the same time next year, Round 9 needs to be taken off as well)

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on June 07, 2017, 02:55:41 PM
Quote from: nas on June 07, 2017, 02:37:21 PM

What? Really?? That was like two months ago??

I replied right.......  :-\  ???
  :o
Yeah, I'm not sure whether I replied to this or not haha.