AXVs 2018 Rule Discussion

Started by Ricochet, September 16, 2016, 05:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

I'm fine with admins deciding on trades if they are willing to do it, especially since we have tdog as an admin without a team, which makes him a good candidate imo

Koop

I agree with the idea that trade vetoes should be handed back to the coaches, with the administator/s having some overturning power if they see fit.

I'd probably disagree with Rids, and suggest 24 hours for trade period 1 trades leading up to the draft, and 48 hours for those in period 2, with Christmas, and whatnot occupying peoples lives. I know a large majority of the coaches will be away in December/January (myself included). Also think 6 is probably the threshold needed.

As for list management (rookies, etc.) I think the current system works well when people are aware of it, and simulates a proper AFL list. However I am not opposed to changes if the majority vote in favour of scrapping lists.

nrich102

I'd be up for discussing a points cap again.

iZander

nas

Looking at what has been discussed so far in this thread http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108074.0.html thinking that we should set out a list in preparation for discussion prion to this 2017 seasons completion.

1: Removal of Rookie List, meaning squad of 46 players. Saying if this gets up will also mean removal of the LTI thread also.

Rookie list to be removed. Voting results: Remove 10. Keep 5. Other 1. Total Votes 16.

2: National Draft rule 2hr & 24hr remains, but for the first round, if it goes over, you get the next allocated AFL drafted player. Also if you log on prior to the next coach pick, you can change the allocated pick.

3. Points Cap, tho previously discussed & defeated.

4. Finalise squads after AFL Draft, meaning if players (who are currently on a AXV list) are delisted and get picked up. AXV Clubs will know before finalising.

5. Bidding process for returning AFL players, returning players who have been out of the AFL system for at least one year. They will not be on a current AXV list. The Club who last owned that player will get to match any bid prior to the AXV Nat draft.

6. Team Submission, (A) Keep the current naming of team. (B) Submit the traditional way & as well use UF. 

7. Players Positions, (A) Maintain the current Virtual Sports. (B) Adopt UF's positions at start of the season.**Note saying this gets voted in would then require another vote on to "Allow In-Season Updates."

8. Play through the bye rounds, Play through or have this off.

9. Leadership Group, In the week leading up to the first round of the season, each team must nominate 5 players on their list to form their leadership group. The Captain, Vice-Captain or Co-Captain's you select on any given game, MUST come from this group.

upthemaidens

-Though I like salary Caps in general, I think to introduce one now is pretty unfair for the bigger Clubs.
    Maybe another way to help even the Comp, the top 4 scoring teams swap their 1st rd picks with the bottom 4 scoring teams 3rd rd picks.

-Can we add a bidding process for returning AFL players.

-Can we finalise our squads 'After' the AFL Nat draft has taken place.

nas

Quote from: nas on January 09, 2017, 10:46:06 AM
Looking at what has been discussed so far in this thread http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108074.0.html thinking that we should set out a list in preparation for discussion prion to this 2017 seasons completion.

1: Removal of Rookie List, meaning squad of 46 players. Saying if this gets up will also mean removal of the LTI thread also.

2: National Draft rule 2hr & 24hr remains, but for the first round, if it goes over, you get the next allocated AFL drafted player. Also if you log on prior to the next coach pick, you can change the allocated pick.

3. Points Cap, tho previously discussed & defeated.

4. Finalise squads after AFL Draft, meaning if players (who are currently on a AXV list) are delisted and get picked up. AXV Clubs will know before finalising.

5. Bidding process for returning AFL players, returning players who have been out of the AFL system for at least one year. They will not be on a current AXV list. The Club who last owned that player will get to match any bid prior to the AXV Nat draft.

6. Team Submission, (A) Keep the current naming of team. (B) Submit the traditional way & as well use UF. 

7. Players Positions, (A) Maintain the current Virtual Sports. (B) Adopt UF's positions at start of the season.**Note saying this gets voted in would then require another vote on to "Allow In-Season Updates."

8. Play through the bye rounds, Play through or have this off.

Now that the season has commenced will start sending the above 1 x 1. All the results will be added to the thread.

TIA.

BB67th

Should we maybe wait until the end of the season before we vote on rule changes? People's opinions often change during the season over these kind of rules.

Also, I believe that we should only be allowing one vote per club, rather than coach. It seems unfair that teams with co-coaches get two votes regarding how the rule change potentially impacts their team.

SydneyRox

Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:27:54 PM
Should we maybe wait until the end of the season before we vote on rule changes? People's opinions often change during the season over these kind of rules.

Also, I believe that we should only be allowing one vote per club, rather than coach. It seems unfair that teams with co-coaches get two votes regarding how the rule change potentially impacts their team.

what?? never knew this was the case. That isnt very fair.

BB67th

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 27, 2017, 06:36:39 PM

In the past I believe we've only had one vote per team, but in the pm nas sent out he mentioned 20 coaches voting including co-coaches.

iZander

already replied this to Nas and he said it was just a typo/mistake, its 1 vote per club

nas

Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:46:30 PM

In the past I believe we've only had one vote per team, but in the pm nas sent out he mentioned 20 coaches voting including co-coaches.

IMO, some of the rules need to be in place prior to the start of the trading / drafts so that we're ready to go. Some can be held off till later when the season is completed.

Yes, should & will be 1 vote per team. Would expect the teams that share the duties vote accordingly & submit 1 vote for their team.

The 20 PM's were sent so that to promote discussion between them. My mistake to not include wording for 1 vote per team.

BB67th

Quote from: nas on March 27, 2017, 06:51:55 PM

IMO, some of the rules need to be in place prior to the start of the trading / drafts so that we're ready to go. Some can be held off till later when the season is completed.

Yes, should & will be 1 vote per team. Would expect the teams that share the duties vote accordingly & submit 1 vote for their team.

The 20 PM's were sent so that to promote discussion between them. My mistake to not include wording for 1 vote per team.
I still don't see the point in voting on 2018 rules after round 1 of 2017. We can vote towards the end of the season if need be, but there will be coaches who change their minds on some things between now and then.

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:58:13 PM

I still don't see the point in voting on 2018 rules after round 1 of 2017. We can vote towards the end of the season if need be, but there will be coaches who change their minds on some things between now and then.

If thy change their minds and enough agree then we can just do a re-vote.

It is always nice to get things addressed nice and early. I don't see any issue in voting early and addressing things then when they come up.

nostradamus

Quote from: Rids on March 27, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 27, 2017, 06:58:13 PM

If thy change their minds and enough agree then we can just do a re-vote.

It is always nice to get things addressed nice and early. I don't see any issue in voting early and addressing things then when they come up.

Totally agree, what's the point in dragging the chain on philosophical issues that matter not if they're voted on now or later. Another thing in favour of doing as much as possible sooner rather than later in regard to rule tweaks is that all coaches are active, this can't really be said for the off season.