Season 2: One Day Cup (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, September 15, 2016, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

PowerBug

There's bound to be a lot of low scores for Round 1. Uni goes back tomorrow and I was 6 lectures behind so trying to catch up a bit there before doing the scores here.

PowerBug

Round 1
ACT Cockatoos   475
Q Koalas   464
NT Kangaroos   458
NSW Platypuses   437
WA Swans   338
T Devils   323
V Possums   258
SA Wombats   89

Cockatoos, Koalas, Platypuses, Kangaroos all off to a good start. Possums with a bit of work to do, Wombats with some serious work to do.

Reminder that the top 4 from the first 3 rounds will make the finals. Round 2 starts on Wednesday, and no teams have byes anymore.

PowerBug

Well Tim Paine had a good game

Beau Webster not required to do anything yet again for Tasmania and thus the Possums miss out again :o

Torpedo10

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 05, 2016, 06:28:08 PM
Valente didn't do enough, I'm done.
Do we know who is opening for the Redbacks? Ludeman could get a decent score opening the batting!

After Tas vs CXI:
SA Wombats   23
NSW Platypuses   0
V Possums   0
NT Kangaroos   0
ACT Cockatoos   204
WA Swans   46
Q Koalas   123
T Devils   164

Trying to post as regularly as possible incase people find things that don't add up (E.g. three teams have zero did I miss a player completely?)

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2016, 06:19:20 PM

Beau Webster not required to do anything yet again for Tasmania and thus the Possums miss out again :o

I was thinking of a possible scoring method alteration, maybe giving players (or jsut batsman) 10 or 20 points for a DNB? Seems harsh to be punished with a 0 just because the bowlers in a certain team do a really good job (or the top order batsmen).

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on October 05, 2016, 06:39:07 PM

I was thinking of a possible scoring method alteration, maybe giving players (or jsut batsman) 10 or 20 points for a DNB? Seems harsh to be punished with a 0 just because the bowlers in a certain team do a really good job (or the top order batsmen).
If this is liked, then it can be used for the Shield season and then in both comps next season fully? (Not T20 unless the official game introduces it) Would do it for all B,W,A that don't face a ball. (So a player making 0 off 0 but was a non-strikers will get this bonus too)

I can see why people would say tough luck, as picking top order bats is part of the strategy. But there's only so many decent top order bats to go around

He's on 60 (So 120 doubled) right now. He batted at 7 last game he'll get a chance to bat too

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2016, 06:33:12 PM
Do we know who is opening for the Redbacks? Ludeman could get a decent score opening the batting!

After Tas vs CXI:
SA Wombats   23
NSW Platypuses   0
V Possums   0
NT Kangaroos   0
ACT Cockatoos   204
WA Swans   46
Q Koalas   123
T Devils   164

Trying to post as regularly as possible incase people find things that don't add up (E.g. three teams have zero did I miss a player completely?)
But Valente was my captain,  :-\ only one wicket, one catch and no RR bonus. Also, according to the team sheet Ludeman isn't playing? I don't know why either.

PowerBug

Oh they brought in Raphael not Ludeman like I read this morning. He gets full RR bonus for going at under 5rpo.

Cam White going huuuuuge. Over 220 points!!

Torpedo10

Actually yeah Valente did okay. 60x2!

Ludeman hurt me though. So did Andrews. I need both to have a bat.

Nige

Didn't play Webster this round?  ???

Scrads

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on October 05, 2016, 07:27:07 PM

Didn't play Webster this round?  ???
I didn't know this at the time I posted that :P

See Torp, Valente was fiiiine!

Torpedo10