Season 2: One Day Cup (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, September 15, 2016, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Faulkner, Head, Rohrer and Heazlett all going to miss  :'(

PowerBug

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/victoria-bushrangers-name-matador-cup-squad-peter-handscomb-captain-doric-coleman/2016-09-21
There's the Vics. Just waiting on WA and the CXI now

Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2016, 03:20:40 PM
Michael Beer in the Vics Matador Cup squad!  :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)
Him and Chris Green look to have been rewarded with the chance after good BBLs it seems. :)

Nige

BratPack

PowerBug

Hmmm Shaun Marsh named. I thought he was going to South Africa! :o Nair in the CXI squad which is good too :)

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/matador-cup-2016-squads-nsw-victoria-south-australia-western-australia-tasmania-queensland/2016-09-21
And there's all the squads in the one place. The team by team links have articles attached which are useful regarding injuries etc...

nrich102

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on September 22, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
It rolling lockout, yeah?
Good question, need to put that in the rules. We used it last season so yes it's rolling lockout again.

PowerBug

How often each team plays:

TeamRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5
Vics1212
NSW1122
WA11112
Tas11121
QLD21111
SA11121
CXI12111

PowerBug

I thought I would post this very important section from the rules thread, as it's new this season.

4.1 Player Poaching
Any player aged 24 or over at the start of a season (1st October 2016) is eligible to be poached at seasons end providing either:
- During the Matador Cup they are not named in 2 or more of the games they play.
- During the Sheffield Shield they are not named in 4 or more of the games they play.
- During the T20 BigBash they are not named in 4 or more of the game they play
- They aren't named for a total of 7 or more matches that they play across all forms.
(Note: A player named as an emergency WILL COUNT as having been named for their D6s side, even if they are not required on field)

If a player meets the requirements then the following will occur:
- The other 7 managers will be given an opportunity to 'declare interest' in the player (This will likely be done in bulk)
- If at least two of the 7 teams declare interest in a player, then the following occurs:
    - The current owner may choose to pay $75,000 to keep the player on his full time list.
    - The manager may choose to let the player go to the Free Agency Auction
- If less than 2 managers declare interest in the player then he will remain on that teams list for no cost
- Any manager may bid on free agents, so managers may wish to take a 'punt' on not paying the $75,000 fee to try and get them back cheaper
- There is no obligation for managers that declare interest in a player to actually bid on that player if the opportunity arises.

I am in the process of working out which players are over 24yo and posting the lists up. If any of this makes no sense do ask on here and I will clarify it :)

Edit: Realised the rules didn't include the most important bit! That's added in now :)

PowerBug

List of players named in Matador Cup squads:
SA Wombats: 10
NSW Platypuses: 12
V Possums: 14
NT Kangaroos: 13
ACT Cockatoos: 10
WA Swans: 8
Q Koalas: 10
T Devils: 12
Total = 89

Seeing as each team names a 15 man squad, that means there are 16 blokes in Matador Cup squads not on D6s lists!! I know I'm regretting not giving on Green and bidding on someone else just to give me a full 6 in Rd 1 :-\

PowerBug

Game 1 highest scorers:
Will Bosisto 166 (Koalas)
Matt Renshaw 124 (Platypuses)
Jason Floros 124 (Devils)
Peter George 110 (Koalas)

So for some silly reason that I just realised now I didn't set up my spreadsheet such that I would input the scores of every player whether they were on D6s lists or not. Silly me... So guys like Ryan Gibson who are unowned, their scores won't appear in the highest for each match when I put them up, just those players on lists will.

Koalas off to a good start. George is at E1 but Steketee didn't play so as long as he also missed the 2nd match, George's score will count for them.

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on October 01, 2016, 07:26:31 PM
Game 1 highest scorers:
Will Bosisto 166 (Koalas)
Matt Renshaw 124 (Platypuses)
Jason Floros 124 (Devils)
Peter George 110 (Koalas)

So for some silly reason that I just realised now I didn't set up my spreadsheet such that I would input the scores of every player whether they were on D6s lists or not. Silly me... So guys like Ryan Gibson who are unowned, their scores won't appear in the highest for each match when I put them up, just those players on lists will.

Koalas off to a good start. George is at E1 but Steketee didn't play so as long as he also missed the 2nd match, George's score will count for them.

Great work, lad!

R.Griffen

The rain today f'ed me badly. 4 players and capt playing for close to nothing

PowerBug

At least you have players. I think I have a total of 3 playing this round :/

Nige

Do we get 0 for our captain then?

flowering lame if we do but eh, guess we'll cop it. Genuinely thought he'd open, not bat at 6.

The rain really flowered us there.

Should have played Neser or Weatherald.  :(