Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Brasco

Ricochet

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-recruit-chris-yarran-to-undergo-surgery-on-left-foot-will-miss-six-weeks-with-injury/news-story/cc86108378412ad28db509b83140ddcb

QuoteRICHMOND recruit Chris Yarran will undergo surgery on his troublesome left foot as the club attempts to fix an ongoing problem.

Yarran is expected to miss the first six weeks of the season after going under the knife to repair plantar fascia tissue.

Nige

Well, there's another best 22 spot opened up.

I bet this played a part in the decision to elevate Castagna too.

Still, good news for those who want Broad to get a game.

quinny88

Conca on the LTI list too so there's another rookie spot. Marcon or Chol?

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 17, 2016, 10:05:29 PM
As much as Mabior Chol is the biggest legend at the club, it'll probably be Marcon.

Chol's still got a bit of learning and developing to do, but from his NAB, I'd say he'll do well in the VFL throughout the year. Marcon is at least ready to go and play whenever we need him being a mature body.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on March 17, 2016, 10:49:36 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 17, 2016, 10:05:29 PM
As much as Mabior Chol is the biggest legend at the club, it'll probably be Marcon.

Chol's still got a bit of learning and developing to do, but from his NAB, I'd say he'll do well in the VFL throughout the year. Marcon is at least ready to go and play whenever we need him being a mature body.

Yeah I agree Nige. Chol really got shown up in the Port game. Gonna be a long term project

Jroo

Yeah with Conca gone, Marcon and option for round one now

quinny88

I think Rioli may be more likely than Marcon to play round 1. Dimma stated that he was a 50/50 to play round 1 before the extent of the injuries were known so he may be a very good chance now. I see the round 1 team lining up something like this

Grimes, Rance, Vlastuin
Houli, Chaplin, Batchelor
Ellis, Martin, Menadue
Deledio, Riewoldt, Edwards
Lambert, Vickery, Rioli
Maric, Cotchin, Miles

Townsend, Broad, McIntosh, Giffiths

frenzy

three debutants  for rnd 1... nice.  8) Didn't know Menadue was that good,( to play on a wing )

quinny88

Quote from: frenzy on March 21, 2016, 12:05:37 AM
three debutants  for rnd 1... nice.  8) Didn't know Menadue was that good,( to play on a wing )

Well it's down to who is fit for round 1. Deledio now likely to miss too so that seals Menadue in the side even more

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 18, 2016, 05:16:04 PM
I think Rioli may be more likely than Marcon to play round 1. Dimma stated that he was a 50/50 to play round 1 before the extent of the injuries were known so he may be a very good chance now. I see the round 1 team lining up something like this

Grimes, Rance, Vlastuin
Houli, Chaplin, Batchelor
Ellis, Martin, Menadue
Deledio, Riewoldt, Edwards
Lambert, Vickery, Rioli
Maric, Cotchin, Miles

Townsend, Broad, McIntosh, Giffiths
Ben Lennon missing from that team, he'll play.

Toga

Maric looking likely to miss the season opener as well...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-21/maric-in-doubt

It's Hammer time! Makes me nervous about our ruck depth, as Hampson isn't the most durable either.

Toga

I'm thinking the team might look something like this:

FB: Grimes, Rance, Batchelor
HB: Vlastuin, Chaplin, Houli
C: Ellis, Townsend, Menadue
HF: Lambert, Riewoldt, Martin
FF: Lennon, Vickery, Edwards
Fol: Hampson, Cotchin, Miles

I/C: Griffiths, McIntosh, Broad, Rioli

Still a coin toss as to whether they go with Astbury or Chaplin IMO. Would've thought only one will play though.

Nige

All these outs are making me incredibly nervous considering we typically have close games with the Blues in the season opener as it is.

Lids, Ivan, Grigg, Conca all missing.

I think Chaplin will play because of all those outs tbh. The experience might be necessary. Given Lids, Ivan and Grigg are all amongst the older and experienced heads at the club. Also can play both ends potentially.

Nige

Round 1 Team

B:  Astbury, Rance, Grimes
HB:  Vlastuin, Houli, B. Ellis
C:  Griffiths, C. Ellis, McIntosh
HF:  Lambert, Martin, Edwards
F:  Riewoldt, Lloyd, Vickery
R:  Hampson, Townsend, Cotchin
IC:  Morris, Menadue, Miles, Rioli
Em:  A. Moore, Hunt, Chaplin

That's the Round 1 team to face Carlton.

I'm most surprised by the lack of Lennon, Batchelor and to a lesser extent, Chaplin.

Major what the flower at the inclusion of Morris, but I guess we know Dimma's got a bit of hard on for the lad.

Lids, Ivan and possibly Grigg and Chappy to come in next week, and then maybe guys like Batch and Beatle, so a whole bunch of guys are playing for their spots, especially if we lose.