Bully's Boys

Started by Bully, February 01, 2016, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Gigantor on February 12, 2016, 09:01:24 PM
Rich to Malceski?

Good suggestion and one I was contemplating. Cheers.

RoughRed

I keep looking at Wells too but can not be convinced
Pricing is right but if I was going to run him it would be in the mids to give DPP
Just thinkin'
Prefer Anderson!

Bully

Quote from: RoughRed on February 12, 2016, 10:50:21 PM
I keep looking at Wells too but can not be convinced
Pricing is right but if I was going to run him it would be in the mids to give DPP
Just thinkin'
Prefer Anderson!

Wells is a bargain this year, if his body holds up. He's more than capable of being a forward keeper, something which could give owners a real leg up on the competition. The other aspect to consider is the ease at which one can make a correctional trade, if Anderson tears it up and Wells falters then I'll make the necessary adjustments. 

Mantis

I agree with ya mate, huge upside to wells. If he does fail a corrective trade isn't hard to do, either sideways or downgrade, plenty of options. Wells has the potential to be a great money maker whilst still pumping out decent enough scores.

Bully

The latest update with some expensive rookies in mind, still think I may have to make further cuts and may downgrade Selwood to Parker to free up some space.

Def - Laird, Simpson, Bartel, Smith, M.Brown, Collins (Hartley, Tippa)

Mids - Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Menadue (Gresham, Mathieson, MacPherson)

Rucks - Goldy, Naitanui (Wyatt)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Wells, B.Kennedy, Milera, Kerridge (Pickett, Grimley)

Cash - $8,300

Still unsure about Collins, Tippa, Mathieson & Pickett, no doubt there will be some more tweaking. There's not much fat left in the coffers but will bring in Parker for Selwood if need be. Hoping to swing Menadue back to the forward line and replace with a cheaper mid. D6 is a massive worry, Tucker is the guy I want in there but this isn't guaranteed, maybe Byrne-Jones will be the saving grace.

quinny88

I wouldnt worry about D6 when you have Hartley there. Collins and Tippa are fine to sit on the bench.
I would write Selwood off personally. Risky going into a season with a guy that is touch and go to play (revert back to Ablett memories last year) Sloane/Ward for the same price as Selwood or go a Parker type and use the cash for rookies wherever its needed. Still plenty of Nab to be played out and Nab 3 is the important one that we will actually get to see teams as close as they will be to round 1 teams. Really nice team for now!

Ringo

Would not worry to much about Menadue to swing back as you have the flexibility of DPP with him. 

Selwood is a risk so would do that downgrade. Would also be watching Smith in the next 2 NAB matches to gauge his fitness and form.

Structure very sound

sammy123

Quote from: Bully on March 02, 2016, 02:06:34 AM
The latest update with some expensive rookies in mind, still think I may have to make further cuts and may downgrade Selwood to Parker to free up some space.

Def - Laird, Simpson, Bartel, Smith, M.Brown, Collins (Hartley, Tippa)

Mids - Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Menadue (Gresham, Mathieson, MacPherson)

Rucks - Goldy, Naitanui (Wyatt)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Wells, B.Kennedy, Milera, Kerridge (Pickett, Grimley)

smith up back worries me hasn't set the world on fire

selwood and crouch may not play rd1

fwd line seems good

Cash - $8,300

Still unsure about Collins, Tippa, Mathieson & Pickett, no doubt there will be some more tweaking. There's not much fat left in the coffers but will bring in Parker for Selwood if need be. Hoping to swing Menadue back to the forward line and replace with a cheaper mid. D6 is a massive worry, Tucker is the guy I want in there but this isn't guaranteed, maybe Byrne-Jones will be the saving grace.

Bully

Crouch stays whether he plays round 1 or not, I'm willing to roll the dice as I believe it may only be a one weeker. I can always downgrade him to the best performed rookie after round 2. All this uncertainty makes him a POD, that suits me fine.

As for Selwood, apparently he's a good chance for the practice match against Richmond, can see him being ready for round 1. If not then it will probably be Parker, not a big issue at this stage.

Brodie Smith is a gamble but his finish to 2015 showed he was almost back to his best, 4 tons in his last 7 matches. He can put in the odd shocker but hopefully a move up the ground raises the floor a little.

Bully

Not overly confident with the mid rookies and feel they are overpriced to the hilt, the closer we get to kick off the more inclined I am to pick a powerhouse midfield. I have placed Whitecross / Dea in there at the moment but this could easily change to Harwood / Tucker or Weitering / M.Brown.There seems to be a number of solid options out there. I have started Cox instead of Wyatt and will use Petracca for the loophole instead.

Def - Laird, Bartel, Whitecross, Dea, Brown, Hartley (Collins, Tippa)

Mids - Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Parker, Libba, Crouch (Menadue, Gresham, Petracca)

Rucks - Goldy, Naitanui (Cox)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Wells, B.Kennedy, Milera, Kerridge (Howard, Grimley)

Cash - $3,300

Risky strategy but provided the rookie defenders get games then it should come off. Whitecross played midfield against the Tigers so there's a chance he sees more time on the ball this year, he was a dud last year but has an 84 season to his name, will watch out for the next NAB match. Dea I don't really like but he will go to the bench and Tippa will move on the ground, ideally Tucker plays but not holding my breath. If none of these players get up I will rejig and take Parker out of the side. Other players in defence I may select are Aish & E.McKenzie.

Why the radicalism? Firstly, I want to get a good look at the players who will be top 6 defenders, last year it was a complete surprise and I think this year may be the same. I suspect the midfield rookies will really hurt many teams this year so want to steer clear. Mills playing as a tagger is an omininous sign and is typical of the Swans shenanigans.

RaisyDaisy

As impressive as that midfield looks, you just can't get away with that backline and you'll be missing out on a mid rookie

Yes there doesn't seem to be a lot of them, but with Petracca at M11 you should be able to get another 3-5 come rd1

No way that both WhiteX and Dea and all of those rookies can hold down the fort for 6-8 weeks

Other than that, our teams are the same in terms of structure and most premo's too. I have one less mid (Parker) but 1 more prem def (Shaw or Rance)

eaglesman

I had dea in my team a while ago but I will be juvenile and admit I was influenced by fan footy people to not pick him. Think he is a worthwhile pick .... Whitecross yeah it would be nice if we could be assured the starts and I like many would definitely be picking him ... I was happy with tippa yesterday so I think he plays

May consider a similar backline set up but with weitering just for the added security if one more defensive rookie shows reasonable job security.

Ringo

I think defense is maybe a little weak as well.  With a super strong midfield I would be tempted to drop Crouch and upgrade Whitecross. Few available - Even Hibberd to give you the Def/Mid DPP will give you another $200k to upgrade.

Mat0369

Quote from: eaglesman on March 06, 2016, 01:12:52 PM
I had dea in my team a while ago but I will be juvenile and admit I was influenced by fan footy people to not pick him. Think he is a worthwhile pick .... Whitecross yeah it would be nice if we could be assured the starts and I like many would definitely be picking him ... I was happy with tippa yesterday so I think he plays

May consider a similar backline set up but with weitering just for the added security if one more defensive rookie shows reasonable job security.

I had him as a place holder at some point just due to price, I then had a look at his scores at AFL level and felt like puking so I bailed on him then and there.

While the midfield is impressive, it would be pretty tough to be dealing with the sub 50 scores on the other lines with all the rookies. I guess it's all relative and you're thinking at Crouch's price he is good for a 90 so the 90 from Crouch and 55 from Dea compared to a mid price defender and rookie mid is worth more total points.

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 06, 2016, 12:00:48 PM
As impressive as that midfield looks, you just can't get away with that backline and you'll be missing out on a mid rookie

Yes there doesn't seem to be a lot of them, but with Petracca at M11 you should be able to get another 3-5 come rd1

No way that both WhiteX and Dea and all of those rookies can hold down the fort for 6-8 weeks

Other than that, our teams are the same in terms of structure and most premo's too. I have one less mid (Parker) but 1 more prem def (Shaw or Rance)

WhiteX and Dea are place holders at the moment, they are not the perfect scenario either. My preferred backline would be  -

Laird, Bartel, Harwood, Tucker, Brown, Hartley (Collins, Tippa)

As far as points are concerned, I really believe that Tucker will score as many as Mills etc. after all they will be playing a similar role. Ditto Hibberd if he gets a call-up. The extra points will come from a Parker vs Simpson scenario. If Harwood doesn't get picked I will consider Aish & Weitering. Marcus Adams also put in a better performance so he comes into contention.

The problem this year is the mid rookies, the only ones with some certainty are 200k players and I don't like their scoring potential. Grehsam looks solid enough and should play round 1, Menadue is another,but from there it becomes something of a raffle. Petracca probably won't play immediately, Mathieson has a small tank, Dunkley has a massive list of similar types in front of him, Hibberd probably won't play round 1 and the list goes on. Oliver might be a consideration but he's not cheap either.