Bully's Boys

Started by Bully, February 01, 2016, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

So for the latest update, have resisted the temptation to play Crouch at M8, this has a lot to do with the lack of rookie options and some nerves about playing 2 premiums at the bookends. Instead I've divided the funds up and used them to bring in some midpricers and Callum Mills who I think is essential now that the cupboard is bare on the midfield bench. It's actually made me alter my loophole strategy and bring in Petracca, but more on that later.

Def - Laird, Bartel, T.McKenzie, Harwood, Brown, Hartley (Tippa, Ruggles)

Mids - Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Gresham, Petracca)

Rucks - Goldy, Naitanui (Grimley)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, De Goey, Wells, Milera, Kerridge (Kommer, Adams)

$6,000

So in defence the latest addition is Cannon who has had a stellar NAB Cup and two previous seasons of 80+. Have had him before and know what to expect if he's not tied down to a negating role, Eade has been a bit coy in the pressers, not giving too much away, simply stating that Trent needs to tighten up his defensive game. I'm not totally committed to this selection but McKenzie has looked very impressive, much better than Malceski. As a back-up plan I will downgrade him to Weitering and bring back Ben Kennedy to M11.

In the mids it had to be Mills at M8, no choice now that all the cheap options are a pipe dream. Nevermind as it means there will be plenty of downgrade targets and Mills is good for 75 this year. Petracca is at M11 and I've mulled over this one for quite some time, I could go Weitering & Kennedy but something tells me that Petracca wil replace Kennedy in the long run. I think it will be sooner rather than later, possibly 2-3 games into the season. This is a calculated move because I think a loophole is critical, especially given Gaz is an unknown quantity, Pendles is ageing and Goldy can occasionally put in a stinker. There's also the benefits with his DPP, one can loophole the mids and the forwards, this is especially handy given Menadue plays a stack of Friday night games early in the year.

The rucks are the same only Grimley moves to D3.

Forwards have been altered slightly, Kennedy has been replaced with De Goey, I think this gives the team a much more robust look as De Goey looks a much better prospect and should be good for an 85 average. His disposal can occasionally let him down but compared to Kennedy I feel much more secure. With Wells & Kerridge already firing on all cylinders I feel confident there will be no Rohan holes. Milera has been very good so far and I think will average 70 this season.

GoLions

I literally did the exact same thing like 2 hours ago haha, our teams are almost identical. From what I can see, you have De Goey (who I am really keen on), Dusty, Bartel, Grimley, Ruggles and I have Bennedy, Zorko, Simmo, Currie, Broad. Everything else is exactly the same :P

Fid

Just 4 different to my side...

D1 - D3 and Mills

RaisyDaisy

"Pendles is aging" lol he is only 28

Yesterday he was interviewed after the game and the commentator said something like "old fella" to him, and he was like "old? I'm only 28!"

I played around with De Goey in my side at F3, because I really like him, but decided that he will prob average around 85ish so will need to be upgraded eventually, but then that might always get put off because other upgrades are required before him etc etc so I am leaving him out

I wouldn't be so grim about the mid rookie options. Davis at 102k has to be a decent chance, and Mathieson is very close. I too have Petracca at M11 providing me with DPP and a floating donut

I'm not convinced Ruggles will have long term solid JS just yet, and won't score well but you're a little limited with only 6k so might be worth freeing up a little cash

Solid looking side mate :)

Nige

Pretty nice team, Bully.

My only issue really is Cannon. There's probably about 20 other defender and then some I'd pick before him. I reckon you can do much better than picking him. Replace him with somebody else (Weitering is a good one you mentioned) and that's a solid line up.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on March 13, 2016, 02:08:59 PM
Pretty nice team, Bully.

My only issue really is Cannon. There's probably about 20 other defender and then some I'd pick before him. I reckon you can do much better than picking him. Replace him with somebody else (Weitering is a good one you mentioned) and that's a solid line up.

Haven't committed 100% to Cannon but his form has been very impressive, it seems as though something has clicked even though it's only the preseason. When weighing up the pros & cons, there's only 80k difference bewteen Cannon & Weitering, and there's a chance he hits top gear and becomes a keeper. Will make a final decision dependent on rookie selections.

Bully

This is probably pretty close to the final cut, there may be some issues at D8 but I'll deal with that in due course.

Def - Laird, Bartel, Rich, Dea, Brown, Hartley (Tippa, Ruggles)

Mids - Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Mills (Oliver, Menadue, Gresham)

Rucks - Goldy, NicNat (Grimley)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Wells, B.Kennedy, Milera, Kerridge (MacCarthy, Adams)

In defence I've gone full circle and brought back Rich who was one of my first selected several months ago, I've just got a really good feeling about this year and sometimes you have to go on gut instinct. His 16 contested possessions in NAB 3 is a very positive sign and as a worse case scenario I can't see him dropping below 85. Dea comes back in due to his brilliant DE which has been better than Scott Pendlebury, both are basketballers so no surprises there. Ruggles looks a good chance to be promoted and replace Thurlow for the year, I will stick with this selection even if Broad is named, I just think Yarran will replace him when he's fit. Just my two cents on Broad, he's starting to look like a tweener to me, not agile and precise enough for the rebounders role, not tall and strong enough for the KP role.

Mid premos haven't been changed but in comes Oliver to join Mills, I honestly didn't want to spend so much but he's pretty hard to ignore, first year maybe but big bodied mids generally transition much easier than skinny runts like Parish. I have dumped the loophole for now, I just feel cash generation is more important and I want to use Petracca to deposit some money in the coffers. If a guy like Ruggles gets dumped then no tears will spilled, he will become the new loophole guy (another reason to steer clear of Broad).

Rucks are the same although Gawn is making a good case.

Forwards back to the structure I've had most of the year, Kommer is a joke so happy to give him the boot. I think MacCarthy will be good for 55-60 this year, be very similar to Lonie I would think.

Bully

Barring some big surprises at the selection table this will be my final team, finally feel satisfied with all my selections.

Def - Laird, Bartel, Rich, Weitering, Dea, Hartley (Brown, Tippa)

Mids - Fyfe, Danger, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Gresham, Davis)

Rucks - Goldstein, Gawn (Grimley)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Wells, B.Kennedy, Milera, Kerridge (McCarthy, Adams)

quinny88

Quote from: Bully on March 18, 2016, 02:47:10 AM
Barring some big surprises at the selection table this will be my final team, finally feel satisfied with all my selections.

Mids - Fyfe, Danger, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Gresham, Davis)

Really solid team Bully. Only thing I noticed is that you dont have any captains loophole options?

baz1

Nice looking team mate! Love the midfield structure and rucks looks safe as houses.

Only thoughts were whether you were concerned at all about Menadue and Gresham sitting on the pine potentially not playing, I know lack of mid rook options so I'm sure thats just for cash generation.

And defence looks solid - with 3 rookies down back on the field are you at all concerned about Bartel missing games or confident in him (as opposed to KK, Simpson?)

Overall, love it!

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on March 18, 2016, 04:02:32 AM

Really solid team Bully. Only thing I noticed is that you dont have any captains loophole options?

I'm going without because most will be playing Petracca as a loophole option, this will mean Martin will have to score 130+ against Carlton and Pendles/Martin 130+ in round 2. Martin scored 51 & 68 against the Blues last year, I'm betting that he won't suddenly reverse that trend. Pendles record against Richmond isn't that flash either with 85 & 106. By rounds 3-5 I will probably bring in Petracca and replace my worst performing mid/forward rookie, I'm also hoping to gain some monetary advantage from such a corrective trade. If Petracca is a no-show then I'll just sit on my money generators.

Quote from: baz1 on March 18, 2016, 10:07:45 AM

Nice looking team mate! Love the midfield structure and rucks looks safe as houses.

Only thoughts were whether you were concerned at all about Menadue and Gresham sitting on the pine potentially not playing, I know lack of mid rook options so I'm sure thats just for cash generation.

And defence looks solid - with 3 rookies down back on the field are you at all concerned about Bartel missing games or confident in him (as opposed to KK, Simpson?)

Overall, love it!

KK still hasn't proven himself as a premo, want to see another year of solid scoring. I'm also keen to see how McKenzie, KK and Malceski operate together and want to be assured there will be no point pinching. As for Jimmy missing games, I fully expect that but he's undervalued due to his concussion game, I'm willing to cop the odd week out to get the extra value.

Bully

Had a very ordinary start to the year but somehow feel reasonably content with my structure, the team value is up around 10.08 million and still have 26 trades left after this week. Had bad luck on the injury front and I think that has set me back a tad, Rocky, Crouch & Rich have seen my average slide over the first 3 weeks. However, I have a strong plan over the coming weeks, Rocky is due to slip under 500k and Shaw could feasibly shed another 50k with another poor score. These two are my imminent targets along with possibly Sloane who has a tough run.

Def - Adams, Laird, Weitering, Bartel, Dea, Rich (Brown, Ruggles)

Mids - Danger, Ablett, Hall, Fyfe, Liberatore, Selwood, Pendlebury, Mills  (Menadue, Davis, Hewitt)

Rucks - Goldstein, Gawn (Cox)

Forwards - Wells, Martin, Kennedy, Kerridge, Papley, Barlow (Tippa, Cockatoo)

Note: Hall will be swung back to the forward line in due course, just waiting for the bargains to roll in and for Papley to add another 100k.

Ringo

I would sit this week Bully as rookies will continue to moo. Hewitt is a concern but no real options to trade down to so may have to ride that out for a week or two.

Bully

The timing of Hewitt's omission is fortuitous, Cox has been upgraded and looks like playing so Hewitt becomes the loophole for both Menadue and the captain. Given Mills hasn't been tearing up the track I'll settle on anything north of 70, something which is possible on a flat WA deck. As for the long range projections, not planning on any trades next week unless injury strikes or Barlow spuds it up in a major way.

AaronKirk

Mills playing in SA BTW.

I would be holding trades this week unless you have a lot of cash to make an upgrade. Let the cows moo and pick off your targets you have identified when they come down a bit more in price.